Mazda Bt-50 Launched

Today the first inspection was carried out at 4.000 km / almost 6 months.

I expected that an oil change will be done and was surprised when I was told, MAZDA would just check the oil,

"because" the first oil change should be provided at 20.000 km, and then all further 20.000 km.

My service book calls the first oil change at 10.000 km or at least 6 months - am I wrong ...?

What was done at the service: The engine was cleaned with compressed air and at my request, the tire pressure checked, thats all ...

Same here . Garage did say oil not change at 10k . We went to local garage to change oil at 10k . At 20k it is going to the dealer for the official oil change . Allready got a few bumps , 1 is the steps going inside , from hauling rice in from the field and it bumped the underside of the step pushing it up . Nothing serious . The other this is the GF's fault when driving somewhere reverse is , not looking at the front and the bumper/wheelarch connection is bumped and scratched . Those things happen . I'm not happy with it but it will be fixed later on . Got 20 inch rims , Bonetti 71 , black metal . Looks really nice . wheel size 265/50r20 . Price including takeover of old wheels ( 13k on the clock ) 32000 baht ( new bolts included and everything done and ok ) . So far allready 1000 km of these and they are fine .

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spray... 99thb, did it by myself, its satin but I will change it to glossy... Headlights will get xenon and angel eyes soon... Interior will get upgraded with black alcantara... And 2 10" slim subs behind the back seats

How hard is to take the lens off/apart...(I assume that that is what you've done).. any close-up photos?...and more info on 'alcantara',who,where,how much...please? I haven't seen any shops using this fabric here,at least in CM...smile.png

Spray... 99thb, did it by myself, its satin but I will change it to glossy... Headlights will get xenon and angel eyes soon... Interior will get upgraded with black alcantara... And 2 10" slim subs behind the back seats

looks awesome, Ive just shaved the tailgate on my Ranger.

what was the 99b spray you used as I would like to do mine.

12120007-Copy.jpg

Edited by Spoonman

You not have a headlights modification shop around, i bought it there... They would do it for 300thb, but i was lazy to wait.

My bad, I read it as though you sanded the tail lights and painted yourself.

I can sand but need to know what the 99b paint was.

...so,do you just spray the outside the lens?...sorry for asking,but I've thought that they normally separate the lens from the light assembly and spray the 'chrome' parts inside ...

Just spray the outside, you can even let it in the trunk... But better to take them out only 2 screws

I am seeing more Mazda BT-50 Pro than Ford Ranger in Chiang Mai. Is Ford still not delivering the Ranger lately?

I'm getting a little pissed for not gettng my BT-50 yet even though I have told the sales lady a couple of times that I wanted it before the 5th. When the 5th was approaching, she told me it's no later than the 10th. I called her on the 7th. She did not answer her phone, neither has she returned my call. I'll wait out this week to see if she returns my call. If she doesn't, I'll cancel my order and order a 2013 Fortuner instead. I think it's 300k more, perhaps, 300k plus 85k since there'll be no tax rebate?

Would they give me back the 5k deposit?...No, there's nothing written on the order when it would be delivered, I think!

...so,do you just spray the outside the lens?...sorry for asking,but I've thought that they normally separate the lens from the light assembly and spray the 'chrome' parts inside ...

Just spray the outside, you can even let it in the trunk... But better to take them out only 2 screws

...I wonder if they have this product here...that's much easier and safer option...if don't like,just peal it off wink.png

http://www.stickercity.com/Tinted-Tail-Lights-and-Tinted-Headlights/

I am seeing more Mazda BT-50 Pro than Ford Ranger in Chiang Mai. Is Ford still not delivering the Ranger lately?

I'm getting a little pissed for not gettng my BT-50 yet even though I have told the sales lady a couple of times that I wanted it before the 5th. When the 5th was approaching, she told me it's no later than the 10th. I called her on the 7th. She did not answer her phone, neither has she returned my call. I'll wait out this week to see if she returns my call. If she doesn't, I'll cancel my order and order a 2013 Fortuner instead. I think it's 300k more, perhaps, 300k plus 85k since there'll be no tax rebate?

Would they give me back the 5k deposit?...No, there's nothing written on the order when it would be delivered, I think!

Mazda policy for refunds of deposits is after 60 days of order being placed 100% of the deposit returned to the customer when the automobile has not arrive and the customer requests to cancel the order. It can take two days for the paperwork to finish canceling the order before you get your refund.

Mazda policy for refunds of deposits is after 60 days of order being placed 100% of the deposit returned to the customer when the automobile has not arrive and the customer requests to cancel the order. It can take two days for the paperwork to finish canceling the order before you get your refund.

gosompoi, thanks for the heads up. Our order is barely over a month. What disgusted me was she did not return my call. Anyway, she called me today and said my car was on its way to CM and should be here by tomorrow. Well, I guess they'll need at least a couple of days to put all the freebies on. Guess I'll get my cashier check ready on Friday and perhaps drive it out the door on Saturday or Monday. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When using the voice control for USB on the BT 50 is it possible to select a track name? On my wife's new Ford Focus when using voice control you just say 'play track' followed by the track name e.g 'wonderwall. I had a test drive of the BT 50 today and it only seemed to let me select track numbers using the voice control. I've got to say I loved the car. I'd tested the Isuzu V-Cross before and I thought it was good. I drove the BT 50 Hi Racer with the 2.2 and it seemed really stable at speed and quite quick. I'm ordering the 3.2R so I would expect that to be pretty special as I was really impressed with the 2.2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is my baby...

post-53608-133619037979_thumb.jpg

Looks great, loving the rims!

How much did you pay for the wheels and tyres, if you don't mind?

Thanks!

I imported them by myself... couldn't find something nice here...

Bullshit.

Here is my baby...

post-53608-133619037979_thumb.jpg

Looks great, loving the rims!

How much did you pay for the wheels and tyres, if you don't mind?

Thanks!

I imported them by myself... couldn't find something nice here...

Bullshit.

I changed rims many times on my further vehicles, I wanted exactly that rim... Now there are some nice cosmis rims but still not my one...