Mazda Bt-50 Launched

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up my BT 50 3.2R Auto last Friday. Its an awesome truck. I love the 3.2 5 cylinder engine, its not noisy for a diesel and its got a bit of a 5 cylinder growl under acceleration. The engine doesn't have the whine from the turbo that my D-Max 3.0 VGS Turbo did. The handling is superb (for a truck) it corners well. The brakes are very good. The front bucket seats hold you in place and the back seat which lifts up is great for getting my lab and English Bull Terrier into the car. The sound system if good and the bluetooth works well.

I have some negative points but I think I've been spoiled by my wife's new Focus. The Focus uses Microsoft sync for the phone and the voice control allows you to select a phone number by the person's name and the song by artist's name. In the BT 50 when I use voice control for the phone I have to know the number and when I use voice control for the stereo I have to know the track number which is difficult when using a USB with multiple folders and hundreds of tracks. If any BT 50 owners have solutions to the voice control issues I'd love to hear them.

My other negative point is I don't like the cubby holes under the rear seats and I lift the seat up to put my dogs in so I'll have to get those covered up. Hopefully after Songkran I'll be able to get a super Up fitted on the back. If anyone knows of a firm that makes dividers or cargo nets for the pickup bed that would be great.

Overall a bloody good truck.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me for finance on a new car in Thailand, how much deposit and what repayments would be? Perhaps as an example the base model or around 600k baht.

Thanks.

My Ranger was 695k, a deposit of 185k was required with no thai to co-sign the finance.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

Can someone tell me for finance on a new car in Thailand, how much deposit and what repayments would be? Perhaps as an example the base model or around 600k baht.

Thanks.

My Ranger was 695k, a deposit of 185k was required with no thai to co-sign the finance.

what about repayments, how much over how long?

Thanks.

Mazda wants between 10% to 30% down. They had a zero down promotion for some of the base models. Our truck was 4x4 at 989,000 baht and it was 30% down. I know the non-4x4 models are less than 30% down with a payment option of 36 or 48 or 60 or 72 months with between 2.5 and 3.0% financing.

Thanks.

Mazda wants between 10% to 30% down. They had a zero down promotion for some of the base models. Our truck was 4x4 at 989,000 baht and it was 30% down. I know the non-4x4 models are less than 30% down with a payment option of 36 or 48 or 60 or 72 months with between 2.5 and 3.0% financing.

All is negotiable, as always. It depends how hard you can negotiate and what are the current promotions. In general, better to have a hefty down payment to avoid too much impact from interest payments.

Planning on buying a BT 50 2.2L Auto in the next few weeks. Can anyone recommend a good dealer in Bangkok? Also, what extras should I negotiate for.

Thanks.

You should get the following; bed liner, window film, mats, number plate holder, some fuel and free insurance.

Planning on buying a BT 50 2.2L Auto in the next few weeks. Can anyone recommend a good dealer in Bangkok? Also, what extras should I negotiate for.

Thanks.

You should get the following; bed liner, window film, mats, number plate holder, some fuel and free insurance.

Thanks all for your assistance, I ended up going to both Mada City and Wearns and purchased from Wearns. They were more eager, and also promised me the truck in the color I wanted quicker by 2 months (Mazda City had 5 orders for the same color ahead of me). In the end, I got the 4x2 Auto and got:

• Free first class insurance
  • Fuel
  • Govt Tax
  • Rubber floor mats
  • 3M window tinting
  • Bed Liner
  • Free Oil change (first 3 I think)
  • Spare wheel locks
  • License plate frame
  • Paint overcoat protection
  • Rust protection and underseal
  • Scuff plates
  • Window weather shields
  • VIP discount for Mazda accessories

Also had them add a Carryboy Series 7 Canopy for 30k. Truck should be delivered in 3 weeks so here's hoping they didn't lie about delivery times :-)

Thanks.

Thanks all for your assistance, I ended up going to both Mada City and Wearns and purchased from Wearns. They were more eager, and also promised me the truck in the color I wanted quicker by 2 months (Mazda City had 5 orders for the same color ahead of me). In the end, I got the 4x2 Auto and got:

• Free first class insurance
  • Fuel
  • Govt Tax
  • Rubber floor mats
  • 3M window tinting
  • Bed Liner
  • Free Oil change (first 3 I think)
  • Spare wheel locks
  • License plate frame
  • Paint overcoat protection
  • Rust protection and underseal
  • Scuff plates
  • Window weather shields
  • VIP discount for Mazda accessories

Also had them add a Carryboy Series 7 Canopy for 30k. Truck should be delivered in 3 weeks so here's hoping they didn't lie about delivery times :-)

You did really well with the freebies. Its just a pity Mazda Thailand didn't have the same accessories as Mazda Australia such as the Mazda approved bull bars and the reversing mirror camera. I asked them if I imported the reversing mirror camera from Australia could they fit it, to which they replied, no.

Agreed. I asked about why Australia has backup cameras, 6 airbags and official Mazda canopy options that are not available in Thailand and if I could bring it in and have Mazda install and support and they said no. The only thing I really want that I can't get and alternative on is the side airbags. I can buy an aftermarket backup camera if the reverse sensors don't fully do it for me. As I will likely never go off road, didn't care too much about the bull bar other than looks.

Agreed. I asked about why Australia has backup cameras, 6 airbags and official Mazda canopy options that are not available in Thailand and if I could bring it in and have Mazda install and support and they said no. The only thing I really want that I can't get and alternative on is the side airbags. I can buy an aftermarket backup camera if the reverse sensors don't fully do it for me. As I will likely never go off road, didn't care too much about the bull bar other than looks.

Fair dinkum bull bars will increase any seriousness of injury if you hit someone, or someone runs into you. They do look cool though:) Together with a 4 inch lift:)

The bull bars should be re-branded as soi dog bars/buffalo bars.

The reversing sensors are actually pretty good as there's also a display that shows how close you are.

Don't see too many soi dogs that a bull bar would be useful for, saying that I never see any buffalo's either.

Should also consider the weight of a bullbar and upgrade the front springs accordingly.

At first I thought that the reverse camera was a must-have with such a large truck and that I'd be mostly driving in Bangkok, however after almost a year with the truck the reverse sensors have proved fully sufficient, accurate and durable. The camera is a nice-to-have if it were cheaper, especially to see what is behind that large rear end.

Has anyone had their BT 50 3.2 R chipped yet? I find that mine has enough power although it doesn't seem instant. An Australian review I read said that the Ford 3.2 pulled like a V8 from low down in the rev range whereas the Mazda's power came in at higher revs. I was wondering if a chip would solve this and up the power to about 250 bhp.

Has anyone had their BT 50 3.2 R chipped yet? I find that mine has enough power although it doesn't seem instant. An Australian review I read said that the Ford 3.2 pulled like a V8 from low down in the rev range whereas the Mazda's power came in at higher revs. I was wondering if a chip would solve this and up the power to about 250 bhp.

sad day yesterday, I raced a XLT 2.2 AT vs my Mazda 3.2 AT. The ford from 0 to 160km beat me at every step of the way.

• Like 1

Just the other day I noticed that you can dim the dashboard console lights by pressing the right trip stalk where the speedo and rpm gauges are located. Didn't know that and wanted to share fyi.

If you hold-press in the reset/select stick on the temp it will switch between C and F

sad day yesterday, I raced a XLT 2.2 AT vs my Mazda 3.2 AT. The ford from 0 to 160km beat me at every step of the way.

Just goes to show, the Mazda was designed for women laugh.png

I'll get my coat......

• Like 2

That doesn't make sense you should've slapped it daftbiggrin.png . Maybe his was chipped.