American Television

pmoores

Is there any satellite/cable package available that has the main us networks and the sci-fi channel? Just wondering, had read some posts date awhile ago and it showed a mix of every country.

If I did retire there it would be kinda nice to have each of the major networks, the scifi and some history/science channels.

Its either that or those new companies just thinking about starting, where you subscibe to a single internet feed where they send you streaming whatever show you want to see regardless of location worldwide.

Course Ive got 7 years to retire, lots of time for things to change.

Is there any satellite/cable package available that has the main us networks and the sci-fi channel? Just wondering, had read some posts date awhile ago and it showed a mix of every country.

If I did retire there it would be kinda nice to have each of the major networks, the scifi and some history/science channels.

Its either that or those new companies just thinking about starting, where you subscibe to a single internet feed where they send you streaming whatever show you want to see regardless of location worldwide.

Course Ive got 7 years to retire, lots of time for things to change.

I mentioned this in another topic, but theres a device availible now which can be attached to a tv in the US, you then can watch whatever signal gets to that tv via the internet. lots of ads for it now. But in 7 years I'd guerss a sat. feed would be availible for all you care to see.

In less than seven years I hope Thailand has a truely broadband service. It would seem that anything that routes through CAT is choked down so that video streaming is just about impossible. If you want to test your broadband speed, use TTT's website or Jasmine's website to test the local speed. Then google "speed check" and use any of the free sites outside of Thailand. My experience is the speed is cut in half.

While in the States I tried it in reverse, checking the speed using a website in the States then brought up TTT. The speed dropped to 256 Kbps. Is this intentional or is CAT just not interested in upgrading their equipment?