Cobra Gold 2012 Opens In Nakhon Ratchasima

webfact

Cobra Gold 2012 Opens In Korat

640px-F-16_CJ_Fighting_Falcon.jpg

F16, file photo. Source: wikimedia

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- The Cobra Gold, the United States-led military exercise, was set off in Nakorn Ratchasima on Tuesday.

Cobra Gold 2012, scheduled from Tuesday until Feb 17, is being participated by military units from Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singaporea, besides the Thai and US military.

A total of 13,180 servicemen from the seven countries are participating in the annual military exercise, held in Kon Kaen, Pitsanuloak, Lopburi, Petchaboon, Chonburi, Chantaburi and Nakorn Ratchasima, which locates Air Force Base One - the site of Tuesday's opening ceremony.

The participatants include 8,948 US servicemen, 3,623 Thais, 324 South Koreans, 79 Malaysians, 74 Japanese, 73 Indonesians and 59 Singaporeans.

This year's Cobra Gold, codenamed Heavy Year, marks the 31th time of the joint military exercise in Thailand.

Produced by Voice TV

Source: http://news.voicetv....lish/30221.html

-- news.voicetv.co.th 2012-02-08

footer_n.gif

Who is paying for all these military exercises ? I bet the yanks are footing the bill. Thai's wouldn't. General Sombat and admiral Bum suk would much rather use the money to buy another chalet in Sweeeeserlan.

Bar girls will be busy which is why its here in the first place.drunk.gif

I think for the army there is always money in Thailand, and after a few houses in sweeserlan and englan there is no problem to exercise a bit.

79 Malaysian and 73 Indonesian seems not very enthusiastic....

Who is paying for all these military exercises ? I bet the yanks are footing the bill. Thai's wouldn't. General Sombat and admiral Bum suk would much rather use the money to buy another chalet in Sweeeeserlan.

good....!!, some competition for the 10 days millionairs...giggle.gif

The Yanks should foot the bill since they get to use places like U-Tapao and Sattahip year round for whatever purposes they like whenever they need them..Amongst other things Cobra Gold allows them to make sure that fuel filling hoses at airfields fit US aircraft filler caps as one example. My recollection from when I lived in Pattaya a few years back was that the bar girls might be busy but they won't necessarily make a lot of money when the Yanks are in town

Yanks should pay for it since they are the most paranoid

The Yanks should foot the bill since they get to use places like U-Tapao and Sattahip year round for whatever purposes they like whenever they need them..

I believe the yanks built U-Tapao and Sattahip Naval base...

GET A GRIP SUPER HEROES, THERE IS LIFE BEYOND YOUR NARROW MINDS

http://www.dvidshub....un#.TzJO3sWP-sE

Events during the exercise include a computer-simulated command-post exercise, field training operations, and humanitarian and civic assistance projects that increase the standard of living for the Thai people in surrounding communities.

III Marine Expeditionary Force / Marine Corps Installations Pacifichttp://www.dvidshub....EF#.TzJQC8WP-sE

Edited by metisdead
Posting in all capitals or in all bold, and using large or unusual fonts and colors is bad netiquette. Fonts reset.
  • Like 1

Events during the exercise include a computer-simulated command-post exercise, field training operations, and humanitarian and civic assistance projects that increase the standard of living for the Thai people in surrounding communities.

III Marine Expeditionary Force / Marine Corps Installations Pacifichttp://www.dvidshub....EF#.TzJQC8WP-sE

Wow, Impressive!!

“Cobra Gold is much more than just an exercise,” said Lt. Gen. Kenneth J. Glueck Jr., Commanding General III Marine Expeditionary Force. “We have a challenging two weeks in front of us that will build relationships between partnering nations and improve the interoperability for forces across the range of military operations.”

Participating nations in CG 12 include the U.S., Kingdom of Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and the Republic of Korea.

“We are very proud of our alliance with Thailand, and our alliances and partnerships throughout Asia,” said Judith Beth Cefkin, Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand. “These relationships based on friendship, common goals and mutual respect makes Cobra Gold the vital and vibrant exercise it is today.”

Glueck’s closing remarks challenged exercise participants to avoid complacency and to maximize their efforts this Cobra Gold to accomplish the goals set forth.

The Yanks should foot the bill since they get to use places like U-Tapao and Sattahip year round for whatever purposes they like whenever they need them..

I believe the yanks built U-Tapao and Sattahip Naval base...

I believe that's correct ( or they expanded the existing facilities to allow B-52 operations from U- Tapao and increased the capascity of Sattahip port to support the Vietnam War efforts) and they were US bases until 1974/5 when they were asked to leave.They seem to be frequent "visitors" given the number of C-17s I've seen flying around the area over the last few years

“We are very proud of our alliance with Thailand, and our alliances and partnerships throughout Asia,” said Judith Beth Cefkin, Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand. “These relationships based on friendship, common goals and mutual respect makes Cobra Gold the vital and vibrant exercise it is today.”

I'm wondering if this lady's previous job was in the marketing department of a soap powder or toothpaste manufacturer. What a load of hogwash; the insincerity shines through. I'd like to hear her pronounce on the US relationship with Pakistan.

Wow, Impressive!!

Consider a world without some sort of (and as I consider my words carefully) intelligence, and advanced technology utilized to continue balanced (as best anyone can) peace. I haven't experienced any nation other than the US and it's own voluntary forces facing such hate while still laying down their own lives to keep freedom, a word, that most have no idea about other than their ability to post on Thai Visa whatever they think. There's a freedom that very few have. Consider why or how you have this freedom if not for the many who have given more than you could ever imagine just so you can say whatever you please. How nice is that?

There are a lot of great things that the US Army does that go without recognition. During Cobra Gold, they do a lot of humanitarian good will work in villages. However, the big beneficiary of Cobra Gold, apart from the Thai army, a perpetual channel for US funds and handouts, are the girls of Thailand and their "managers" who will be the big financial beneficiary. Hats off to the girls. The "real backbone" of the Thai economy.

“Cobra Gold is much more than just an exercise,” said Lt. Gen. Kenneth J. Glueck Jr., Commanding General III Marine Expeditionary Force. “We have a challenging two weeks in front of us that will build relationships between partnering nations and improve the interoperability for forces across the range of military operations.”

Participating nations in CG 12 include the U.S., Kingdom of Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and the Republic of Korea.

Glueck’s closing remarks challenged exercise participants to avoid complacency and to maximize their efforts this Cobra Gold to accomplish the goals set forth.

And she gets a hefty salary, housing allowance, and many other perqs as well as a huge pension when she retires from making these kinds of statements at US taxpayer expense. It's a shame that this is the best that they can do when it comes to statements. It does reek of appalling insincerity and shameful charade. Too bad that there are so many of these people getting taxpayer compensation all around the globe. What a waste and unnecessary expense. The US needs no one except bare essential people in Thailand at US taxpayer expense. All visas and forms can be done by video tele-conference and computerized efficient systems. Any remaining benefits and aid to Thailand that can't be cut immediately, can be issued electronic payment.. Thai officials would be delighted to just get the payments without the pomp and circumstance and obligatory ceremony.

nice post,.....pmsl !

I hope the helicopters have been checked and serviced since the disasters last Year!

Maybe they have installed radars this time and can fly at night !!!

I was not previously aware that "radar" had a plural form. Well, there ya go, silly me! wink.png

Apparantly it does....according to the dictionary....but then again what do I know I am not an "English teacher"

Could we use "radari" as the plural form then works for me...biggrin.png

• Like 1

Wow, Impressive!!

Consider a world without some sort of (and as I consider my words carefully) intelligence, and advanced technology utilized to continue balanced (as best anyone can) peace. I haven't experienced any nation other than the US and it's own voluntary forces facing such hate while still laying down their own lives to keep freedom, a word, that most have no idea about other than their ability to post on Thai Visa whatever they think. There's a freedom that very few have. Consider why or how you have this freedom if not for the many who have given more than you could ever imagine just so you can say whatever you please. How nice is that?

Is this a pre-emptive strike? As far as I can see, no-one had (yet) made any derogatory comments. Posting in color, bold and very large fonts is however, poor netiquette, as noted. Thanks to the USA for all the good it has done/is doing, and no thanks for all the damage it has done. That seems balanced to me.

• Like 1

Everyone has a position in life based on their experiences, I proudly served as a U.S. Marine, and i am now retired in Thailand so i speak from my experience. Some of the negative derogatory posts on here are reflective of the posters experience which is probably sitting in front of the computer all day and this may be the only life they have which is pretty sad. The III Marine Expeditionary Force besides conducting exercises with other international military units also brings to Thailand engineers, plumbers and electricians who help repair the damage from this years floods. So what if they go out in town and have a beer and a good time or meet a girl. You posers/posters on here talking garbage what are you doing all day except being on your computer. Leave your smelly little room, take a shower, shave, put on some clean clothes and go out and enjoy life and quit trashing the folks who are living a good life in thailand and quit trashing the countries who are trying to help Thailand. thank you

Everyone has a position in life based on their experiences, I proudly served as a U.S. Marine, and i am now retired in Thailand so i speak from my experience. Some of the negative derogatory posts on here are reflective of the posters experience which is probably sitting in front of the computer all day and this may be the only life they have which is pretty sad. The III Marine Expeditionary Force besides conducting exercises with other international military units also brings to Thailand engineers, plumbers and electricians who help repair the damage from this years floods. So what if they go out in town and have a beer and a good time or meet a girl. You posers/posters on here talking garbage what are you doing all day except being on your computer. Leave your smelly little room, take a shower, shave, put on some clean clothes and go out and enjoy life and quit trashing the folks who are living a good life in thailand and quit trashing the countries who are trying to help Thailand. thank you

Increasing the volume and denigrating fellow posters is not helping your case, my friend. Please use a normal-size non-bold font. Hectoring will only serve to bring out the opposition here. Please note, for your own welfare, and you will serve your country far more effectively as an ambassador.

• Like 1

I hope the helicopters have been checked and serviced since the disasters last Year!

Yes, but many unfortunate US marines will tell you that's not the only equipment supplied from the Thai side that should be checked and serviced. rolleyes.gif

China. Money borrowed from.

But what does it matter?