Security Tightened In Pattaya

Lite Beer

OK, so hotels have to register guests within 24 Hours, now guest houses have to, I would imagine those wanting to stay under the radar will just rent houses or condos.

Would it not make séance to insist that all property owners register guests and the process to do so made easy?

If you need a séance to register guests then your business is dead. cheesy.gif

Come on, they could be vampires or zombies... Seen quite a few of those around lately...

OK, so hotels have to register guests within 24 Hours, now guest houses have to, I would imagine those wanting to stay under the radar will just rent houses or condos.

Would it not make séance to insist that all property owners register guests and the process to do so made easy?

I agree that it would make sense to have all property owners register their renters (if non thais) via some easy to access system. If they are going to require hotels and guest houses then they need to close the backdoor left open by house rentals. We have seen already that would be terrorists have no problems renting houses to make bombs in.

I should add that the requirement should apply to commercial property like warehouses/shop houses as well.

Edited by Jayman

I agree that it would make sense to have all property owners register their renters (if non thais) via some easy to access system. If they are going to require hotels and guest houses then they need to close the backdoor left open by house rentals. We have seen already that would be terrorists have no problems renting houses to make bombs in.

I should add that the requirement should apply to commercial property like warehouses/shop houses as well.

If they report the guests, they must report the income too.

Not going to happen.

If they report the guests, they must report the income too.

Not going to happen.

The 2 don't go hand in hand. It's not like it's reported to the same office or even that the rent collected is a requirement needed when reporting the name of the renter.

In any case, nothing in Thailand happens voluntarily and this reporting won't happen unless it's enforced. Same with everything else like wearing helmets etc...

Not a ghost-of-a-chance of this actually happening, IMO. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ricardo

This is nothing new, just looks like stricter enforcement is on the cards,from this it would appear that "landlords" have the same obligation to report?

The Immigration Act of 1978, Sections 38 and 77 states that accommodation owners or landlords must report to immigration officials within 24 hours when foreigners take up residence in their premises or risk a fine of 2,000 baht, or up to 10,000 baht if that person is a manager of the accommodation.