Total Condo Newbie, Hoping For Insight From Others Experience

I have only seen a few units a couple of years ago. Horribly laid out 1 bedroom places that looked like a show box.

Then, yesterday I saw what I consider to be the perfect 52m2 1 bedroom place.

http://www.issaraladprao.com/unit.asp?id=2

New place in Ladprao. I just fell in love with the design and the layout made 50m2 feel like a home not a box. Pretty high quality build I thought..though i know nothing about these things. Fully furnished for about 4.8 million.

I like Ladprao area, but its not a must. My question essentially is;

Are there many well designed places 300 meters away from a MRT or STYTRAIN in a lively area for a similar price? Or have I found something rare that suits me?

If any one has seen Issara at Ladprao and seen something similar I would love to hear their comparisons.

5 million is a lot of baht for me, so I hope to make the right choice.

5m in Lad Phrao will not command reasonable rental returns but if you plan on living there, might not be bad. Personally, the sq. meter price isn’t horrible but I think shifting it might be difficult because a thai would never pay 5m for a 1 bedroom 50sqm place so you are limiting resale to foreigners. But foreigners generally want to live near sat horn, silom, lower to mid sukhumvit and potentially further out on sukhumvit. I don’t get it personally, lower sukhumvit and silom especially are cesspools but thats where the rental market seems to be.

Not sure how far it is from an MRT but if not, forget about a rental. Most foreigners don’t drive and taxis means a lower rental rate negotiation.

Personally, I would look at a smaller 2 bedroom around the same price closer to ratchada, nearer the mrts. In my building the 2 bedrooms get rented quick, the 1 bedrooms negotiate.

Just noticed the map, it is between phahon yothin and lad phrao station. 300m is doable so thats good. Honestly, that area seems pretty sketchy at night, probably the lack of lighting between tesco towards ratchadaphisek but lots of condos. Anyways, company is legit so if you plan on living there maybe not a bad deal in the long term. Everything is developing north and south east, south west anyways...

perfect 52m2 1 bedroom

<deleted>!!! I sell 3 bedroom houses with private pools and with a 48 SqM master bedroom for just under 6M!!!cheesy.gif

But comparing hauy Yai out in the boonies to Central BKK is like compring Toxteth Liverpool to Chelsea London...apples and oranges spring to mind.

I have only seen a few units a couple of years ago. Horribly laid out 1 bedroom places that looked like a show box.

http://www.issaralad...m/unit.asp?id=2

The building is indeed very nice and it has been designed by one the most famous Thai architect. However, it is a pity that the location is just so so. MRT or BTS does not make everything, it is covenient but you are not going to take the train everytime you want to eat or have drink. For this price you can get whether a small house/ townhouse in this area, or a condo in a more central and lively location (recent but not new building though).

I fear I'll get jumped on for this, but I recently bought a 52m2 condo at The Address Sukhumvit 28 for 7.2M and I am very very happy with it, they also have 45m2 for about 6.7M. It's located in the center of town on sukhumvit road on the corner of sukhumvit soi 28, about a 5 minute walk to Emporium and Phrom Pong BTS station. Just opposite they are building the huge new Emporium 2 mall and office tower. Fully furnished with very high quality stuff, jaccuzi, walk in shower, tables, sofa, chairs. Suggest you walk in and take a look to compare your options, they have a few for resale and helpful staff, however you might get quoted 8-10% higher than the above prices, depends what they've got left. I know its not cheap, but take a look before passing judgement. I have surveyed countless condos over the years but when I walked in there I decided on the spot.

Before people say You could live in a nice house for that - well, we do live in a nice house on the outskirts of Bangkok and I understand the arguments, but sometimes you wanna wake up in the city. I intended to rent it out but I can't bring myself to do it yet, it's too nice.

The building is indeed very nice and it has been designed by one the most famous Thai architect. However, it is a pity that the location is just so so. MRT or BTS does not make everything, it is covenient but you are not going to take the train everytime you want to eat or have drink. For this price you can get whether a small house/ townhouse in this area, or a condo in a more central and lively location (recent but not new building though).

Please tell me how the OP as a Farang can get,

"a small house/ townhouse in this area,".

I went to view a few condos at one of those AP the address condos on sukhumvit and I was not very impressed for the sqm price. Nice lobby but gym and pool were super tiny and the two apt I viewed where beautiful but 25-35k and had been on the market for over 9 months according to the agent. One of the owners actually called after to ask what was wrong and I told him my opinion of the above. Maybe rental will be difficult. Not sure if its the same one but I really didn't like the area... trafficy not thatmany food spots except some market Esq place and thewalk to sukhumvit but man that's a lot of money for a 1 bedroom in my opinion. If you can rent for 25k maybe not worth buying there IMHO.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Lots of townhouses for sale off sois in lad phrao drive around w a thai speaker and write down the numbers on the telephone pole signs next to houses. Best bet is between ratchadaphisek mrt east towards bang kapi maybe up to soi 49 ish

Lots of townhouses for sale off sois in lad phrao drive around w a thai speaker and write down the numbers on the telephone pole signs next to houses. Best bet is between ratchadaphisek mrt east towards bang kapi maybe up to soi 49 ish

I think what rgs2001uk is saying is that as a foreigner the OP can't own a house or townhouse. Are you suggesting the OP purchase via a Thai company, 30 year lease, or through a Thai partner/spouse?

I fear I'll get jumped on for this, but I recently bought a 52m2 condo at The Address Sukhumvit 28 for 7.2M and I am very very happy with it, they also have 45m2 for about 6.7M. It's located in the center of town on sukhumvit road on the corner of sukhumvit soi 28, about a 5 minute walk to Emporium and Phrom Pong BTS station. Just opposite they are building the huge new Emporium 2 mall and office tower. Fully furnished with very high quality stuff, jaccuzi, walk in shower, tables, sofa, chairs. Suggest you walk in and take a look to compare your options, they have a few for resale and helpful staff, however you might get quoted 8-10% higher than the above prices, depends what they've got left. I know its not cheap, but take a look before passing judgement. I have surveyed countless condos over the years but when I walked in there I decided on the spot.

Before people say You could live in a nice house for that - well, we do live in a nice house on the outskirts of Bangkok and I understand the arguments, but sometimes you wanna wake up in the city. I intended to rent it out but I can't bring myself to do it yet, it's too nice.

Looks nice...but I've just seen one on Prakard - 67sqm one for 10.4m baht? ohmy.png

And 12.2m for 73.6 sqm...I know people want to make a profit...But who'd pay that for a shoe box?

What are the REAL prices?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Looks nice...but I've just seen one on Prakard - 67sqm one for 10.4m baht? ohmy.png

And 12.2m for 73.6 sqm...I know people want to make a profit...But who'd pay that for a shoe box?

What are the REAL prices?

RAZZ

Razz - The 1 bedroom units sold out in 1 day when the project was launched. A lot of the buyers at that time intended to flip but now they are struggling to make a profit and are under pressure from the developer to transfer. I was originally quoted 7.8M for our 52m2, I went home and sent a take it or leave it email offer of 7.2M which was eventually accepted, this equates to around 138k/m2 which you can use as a guide, I doubt you'll get much lower but you never know. We are on a lower floor. I agree, the resale prices on prakard are silly, especially the 2 bedrooms, but you could try a low ball offer, but I'm often seeing transfers happening when I pass through the lobby.

There are resales agents in the lobby.

• Like 1

Razz - The 1 bedroom units sold out in 1 day when the project was launched. A lot of the buyers at that time intended to flip but now they are struggling to make a profit and are under pressure from the developer to transfer. I was originally quoted 7.8M for our 52m2, I went home and sent a take it or leave it email offer of 7.2M which was eventually accepted, this equates to around 138k/m2 which you can use as a guide, I doubt you'll get much lower but you never know. We are on a lower floor. I agree, the resale prices on prakard are silly, especially the 2 bedrooms, but you could try a low ball offer, but I'm often seeing transfers happening when I pass through the lobby.

There are resales agents in the lobby.

We're in the UK at the moment but are looking to buy in the next year or so.

You can buy a beautiful house by Sansiri or Land & House for that money (although I appreciate the ownership problems - which don't bother me).

Plus, I'm not sure if I'd like to live in "Suk"...but probably good to rent out.

The condo market in Bkk just looks like the one in Bulgaria/Dubai/Spain etc before the crash...oversupply and a large percentage of foreign buyers...

Are all these new condo developments being "sold out"? Who are the Thai buyers? huh.png

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Why not save your dosh and rent in BKK and buy something for less money for week ends and holidays somewhere nice.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

God gave man a penis and a brain, unfortunately, did not give sufficient blood supply to run both at the same time.

Why not save your dosh and rent in BKK and buy something for less money for week ends and holidays somewhere nice.

God gave man a penis and a brain, unfortunately, did not give sufficient blood supply to run both at the same time.

Have been thinking about the above.

If you are a young guy, I am not sure if Thailand is the right place to invest in property, especially a farang.

If you are an older guy, retired and not planning to move and leave your assets to the Thai wife, then OK.

I am sure there are better investments.

I have seen so many farangs try to sell property in Thailand and cannot or have to drop the price so low to sell.

These were built to a customers specs around 7 years ago, far more modern decor in place these days!

BTW i cant remember giving you permission to steal pics(historical or otherwise) from my website for your own public display??

the internet allows to post any picture anywhere, sorry to disappoint you. There's no copyright on such pictures especially on public forums

Wrong. Photos deleted at copyright holder's request.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

22) Not to post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles).

I'm really a newbie myself, I've only ever bought one condo which I lived in for three years and I recently found a buyer for through posting an ad on Prakrad. So, from one newbie to another, condo's can be hard to sell, so you're doing the right thing by choosing carefully. For what it's worth, I looked at the Isaara website and the 1 bedroom layout does look extremely nice.