Where Do You Go For Your Pc Repair?

tubehero

I have a Dell all-in-one desktop, which I brought me from the UK. Its warranty has expired.

Now it has some problems that I cannot solve.

Could you pls recommend some convenient and reliable places to repair the computer?

I suppose Dell also operates in Thailand. But in the UK, it was not convenient to use their service (this is just a personal opinion). I don't know if it is easier to bring the PC to a Dell centre here in Bangkok.

Any advice is welcome.

Just go online to Google.com and search for Dell computer repair in Bangkok. You will see a list come up of different shops around Bangkok, maybe some near your location or easy to get to.

When my laptop broke, I took the advice of one of my friends and took it to Fortune Tower. There are many computer repair shops up on the 3rd floor that would be glad to assist you and often will do the repairs without any other charges.

Address: 1 Ratchadaphisek Road

Getting There: Take a taxi to Ratchada and look for the the Fortune Town complex on the corner of Ratchada and Rama 9. Or take the MRT to Phra Ram 9 station and use the exit for Fortune Town.

Where do you live?

There are usually PC repair shops everywhere, on any street or road in a shophouse; they tend to be well-staffed by an experienced owner-repair person, who charges reasonable fees. This assumes some specialized replacement parts are not required.

If you think you need more advanced work then one of the IT-centric malls like Fortune, Panthip or the IT section of just about any suburban shopping mall should offer up countless options.

Amorn (they have a branch in Fortune) does do repair work. http://www.amorngroup.com/en/branch.php

I have a dell laptop that died...stumbled by luck into a small shop in pantip plaza where a guy named woody spoke reasonable english as he used to live in singapore and put in needed new hard drive and saved most all my stuff ..he did a good job and very very reasonable price...that was two years ago and zero problems since then....can't remember name of his shop but his tel is 085 100 0811..up on about third floor of pantip plaza

I've recommended PRO CORNER on the 3rd level of Fortune Tower along the back aisle many times and have always gotten positive feedback. Nick, the chief technician speaks fluent English They are very competent and charge reasonable prices.

Hi dddave, thank you very much for your info. I will certainly visit them.

I suspect that my computer has a virus which is destroying everything.

What if they say I need to reformat everything, which would mean I need to install new version of Windows. Here in Bangkok, will they ask you to pay the full price for an official Windows version, or will they use a pirate copy?

Pro Corner at Fortune IT mall has been honest and fair. They are quite competent also. I say this as someone that has built and repaired computers for many years but on occasion needs a second opinion. They are also technologically well equipped even able to work on motherboards, pcb, solder, etc. Apple was ready to charge me 5-6000 baht for a new macbook keyboard but Pro Corner soldered the connector and works fine now.

Hi dddave, thank you very much for your info. I will certainly visit them.

I suspect that my computer has a virus which is destroying everything.

What if they say I need to reformat everything, which would mean I need to install new version of Windows. Here in Bangkok, will they ask you to pay the full price for an official Windows version, or will they use a pirate copy?

Where's your restore disk or the legit copy you had in the first place?