What Region Of Thailand Is Your Partner From - Poll

Sing_Sling

Regions of Thailand and your Partner  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which Region of Thailand does your partner come from originally?

• North (e.g. Chiang Mai)
    • North-East (e.g. Udon Thani, Ubon R)
    • Central (e.g. Ayuthaya, Bangkok)
    • East (e.g. Chanthaburi, Trad)
    • South (e.g. Hat Yai)
    • Partner not Thai

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in that other thread, I predicted 40% would have Issan partners, because 40% of the Thai population came from Issan.

Results currently stand at 37.5% from Issan, exactly as I predicted.

You're doing well . . . it took some time for the NE to get their act together

I'd still like to get some official stats instead of relying on Wiki and Thai newspapers

'official stats' ... I think that maybe you have a biased polling group from which the statistical relevance is unreliable.

Not implying though that the posters here at TVF are not good people!

Interesting idea for a post though ... sort of like a 'State of Origin' ... most Aussies will understand that comment.

Oh ... as for me, I married theblethers wife's younger and better looking sister (see post #44)

Note to self, when hiring new staff make sure that she is not theblether discarded hand maiden.

Ah, you misunderstood my post - or I didn't explain it very well. I meant official stats on population in Thailand . . . though I'm sure most TV contributors are erudite.

Yup, State of Origin . . . bloody banana benders!

Thai/Chinese Phuket, her parents from Phuket to..

Were do you guys find your issan ladies? in bars or what. dont not understand how you can live with girls from Issan, most girls from issan have no education and zero money, then you most send money home to the village each month haha

Well it's quite obvious that yours doesn't hang out with you for your cutting, Oscar Wilde-esque wit, the ability to construct a sentence with at least a semblence of cohesion nor the basic skills ( possessed by an adult with an IQ above that of the average garden shed ) of being able to spell and punctuate better than a 5 year old. So it must be for the money.

haha biggrin.png

Here's a hint. If you're going to insult people try at least to appear more intelligent than them rather than come across as somebody who points at areoplanes when they fly over.

Well, MCA - it seems the guy you're poking fun at is not an English native speaker . . . so, unless you can communicate as well in his native tongue as he can in English then you have

egg_on_the_face.jpg

Edited by Sing_Sling

Were do you guys find your issan ladies? in bars or what. dont not understand how you can live with girls from Issan, most girls from issan have no education and zero money, then you most send money home to the village each month haha

Well it's quite obvious that yours doesn't hang out with you for your cutting, Oscar Wilde-esque wit, the ability to construct a sentence with at least a semblence of cohesion nor the basic skills ( possessed by an adult with an IQ above that of the average garden shed ) of being able to spell and punctuate better than a 5 year old. So it must be for the money.

haha biggrin.png

Here's a hint. If you're going to insult people try at least to appear more intelligent than them rather than come across as somebody who points at areoplanes when they fly over.

laugh.png

And he might be shocked to know his in laws probably originally came from Isaan, not that they would tell him an burst his bubble eh. cowboy.gif

My now wife is from way down south. Auckland to be exact. She'll become a Thai in a year or two. And yes, I did first kiss her in bar in Silom soi 4.

Have I mixed things up enough for everyone?

Yup - how can she become a Thai? (Well, aside form mannerisms, of course)

I should have included Kiwi as an option - it would have had two ticks by now

My now wife is from way down south. Auckland to be exact. She'll become a Thai in a year or two. And yes, I did first kiss her in bar in Silom soi 4.

Have I mixed things up enough for everyone?

Yup - how can she become a Thai? (Well, aside form mannerisms, of course)

I should have included Kiwi as an option - it would have had two ticks by now

She's applied for Thai citizenship, and we aren't too far off getting it ;)

haha biggrin.png

I didn't think many Thais actually come from Phuket or Pattaya. They just sort of end up there. Wonder where they came from before they ended up there....

haha biggrin.png

Well, MCA - it seems the guy you're poking fun at is not an English native speaker . . . so, unless you can communicate as well in his native tongue as he can in English then you have

egg_on_the_face.jpg

You've got me there. I fully admit to being ignorant of a language utilizing the Roman Alphabet where the use of capital letters to start a sentence isn't the norm or changing from upper to lower case for a proper noun ( the same one come to think of it ) in the same sentence is commonplace.

Maybe you can enlighten me.biggrin.png

haha biggrin.png

I didn't think many Thais actually come from Phuket or Pattaya. They just sort of end up there. Wonder where they came from before they ended up there....

Isaan, but don't tell falkan, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Isaan,and strangely enough in the Cities,their job prospects,do not always include working in Bars.

Some of us meet University Educated ones (with a Degree) in their place of work (not a Bar) no children or previous husbands.

I will agree about the zero money though,but not sending money to the village each month.

There you are,.....you were a generous 20 % right.

Edited by MAJIC

shes from the south shes a nurse and half chinese and im bloody well proud of it.

Glad you've sorted all the ''where she come from'' stuff out. The rest of us know nothing. Well done. coffee1.gif

I always like taking the piss out of people like this - the Hi-Sos who call themselves Chinese, Thai Chinese, Half Chinese or whatever. Conversation goes like this:

Hi-So: I am Chinese.

Bino: Really? Were you born in China?

Hi-So: No. I born Thailand.

Bino: Was your father born in China?

Hi-So: No. He born Thailand.

Bino: Was your mother born in China?

Hi-So: No. She born Thailand.

Bino: So you aren't Chinese at all, you are Thai.

Hi-So: No. I am Chinese.

Bino: Your ancestors might be Chinese but you are Thai.

Bino: Are you embarrassed to be Thai?

Hi-So: No. I am proud to be Thai.

Bino: You just said many times that you are Chinese. Which is it?

wacko.png

• Like 1

My Thai-Chinese Hi-So wife is on the board of one of the biggest corporations in the country. In a land of beautiful women, she is a cover girl. Her father, an Army General, was so delighted that I agreed to marry her that he paid my family 10 million baht sin sot. My father, being Scottish, kept the money for himself.

On the day of the wedding, the new mother in law called in some favours from her Hollywood cronies and the venue was like a film set ( the mother in law owns a major film production company). I didn't get to see my wife for 6 weeks before the wedding as she was in a Nepalese Temple being taught the art of satisfaction ( Kama Sutra style ). At the age of 21, she was still naive in the ways of men and her mother insisted that she learn how to be obedient to me and to serve my every need in the bedroom. I love my Mother In Law, very much.

Realizing that I am the bearer of the precious seed of childhood, my new family insist that I do not work, in case I damage my future fertilization prospects. So I spend all my days lazing by the pool at the family palace. To alleviate the boredom, I have three ( ahem ) hand maidens to attend to my every need. If I ever want to leave the residence, one of the hand maidens calls Uncle Wit, the regional police commander, who arranges police outriders to accompany my limousine. It can be quite embarrassing when I only want to pop out for a packet of Cheerios.

When It is report to the wife that I have left the premises, the hand maidens get chastised for not attending to my every need, and often one get's fired. This results in a totally new hand maiden being delivered to me the next day. It really is a hard life.

I happen to know that every other Thaivisa member has a wife of the same calibre so I won't waste your time telling you where I met mine.

Did your Scottish father already call that his sheep is sick and he need 5.000 Euro for the sheep doctor?

shes from the south shes a nurse and half chinese and im bloody well proud of it.

Glad you've sorted all the ''where she come from'' stuff out. The rest of us know nothing. Well done. coffee1.gif

I always like taking the piss out of people like this - the Hi-Sos who call themselves Chinese, Thai Chinese, Half Chinese or whatever. Conversation goes like this:

Bino: Really? Were you born in China?

Hi-So: No. I born Thailand.

Bino: Was your father born in China?

Hi-So: No. He born Thailand.

Bino: Was your mother born in China?

Hi-So: No. She born Thailand.

Bino: So you aren't Chinese at all, you are Thai.

Bino: Your ancestors might be Chinese but you are Thai.

Bino: Are you embarrassed to be Thai?

Hi-So: No. I am proud to be Thai.

Bino: You just said many times that you are Chinese. Which is it?

wacko.png

Here different:

Wife: Are you Khun Jean (Chinese)?

Shop owner: YES

Wife: my mother is Chinese from Phuket. What kind of Chinese are you?

Shop owner: Hokian (spelling??)

Wife: Woaahhh, me too, Hokian are the best

Together: Hokian good, HiLam cheating silly labor idiots, blablablabla like the waterfall....

Wife: About the order everything OK? I of course can discount it 5 % for you as from Chinese to Chinese we are sooo nice and sufficiency economic blablabla

always the same....same....same....same.....

My Thai-Chinese Hi-So wife is on the board of one of the biggest corporations in the country. In a land of beautiful women, she is a cover girl. Her father, an Army General, was so delighted that I agreed to marry her that he paid my family 10 million baht sin sot. My father, being Scottish, kept the money for himself.

On the day of the wedding, the new mother in law called in some favours from her Hollywood cronies and the venue was like a film set ( the mother in law owns a major film production company). I didn't get to see my wife for 6 weeks before the wedding as she was in a Nepalese Temple being taught the art of satisfaction ( Kama Sutra style ). At the age of 21, she was still naive in the ways of men and her mother insisted that she learn how to be obedient to me and to serve my every need in the bedroom. I love my Mother In Law, very much.

Realizing that I am the bearer of the precious seed of childhood, my new family insist that I do not work, in case I damage my future fertilization prospects. So I spend all my days lazing by the pool at the family palace. To alleviate the boredom, I have three ( ahem ) hand maidens to attend to my every need. If I ever want to leave the residence, one of the hand maidens calls Uncle Wit, the regional police commander, who arranges police outriders to accompany my limousine. It can be quite embarrassing when I only want to pop out for a packet of Cheerios.

When It is report to the wife that I have left the premises, the hand maidens get chastised for not attending to my every need, and often one get's fired. This results in a totally new hand maiden being delivered to me the next day. It really is a hard life.

I happen to know that every other Thaivisa member has a wife of the same calibre so I won't waste your time telling you where I met mine.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Mine was born in Krabi... I was drinking from a brown paper bag reclining in the gutter ...she ran over me with her motorbike.

haha biggrin.png

egg_on_the_face.jpg

You've got me there. I fully admit to being ignorant of a language utilizing the Roman Alphabet where the use of capital letters to start a sentence isn't the norm or changing from upper to lower case for a proper noun ( the same one come to think of it ) in the same sentence is commonplace.

Maybe you can enlighten me.biggrin.png

tsicar-1.jpg

Sure I can because not only do you have egg on your face about the poster you tried to be clever with but you have now also shown yourself to be incapable of reading and understanding what you wrote - in English.

Your bitchy remarks didn't only mention punctuation nor lower/upper caps - re-read your attempt at witty comment and try to come up with a Oscar-Wilde-like-equivalent post in the poster's native language . . . or are you as frighteningly mono-lingual as you are arrogant?

One of the worst aspects of many English native speakers is their disdain at others' non-fluency . . . even though English may be their second or third language learned . . . instead of applauding theri efforts to communicate in a language not their own.

Edited by Sing_Sling
  • Like 2

Your bitchy remarks didn't only mention punctuation nor lower/upper caps

Now that doesn't make sense. I'll arrogantly suggest that you're not a native speaker either.

Of course anybody of reasonable intelligence would have surmised that the main gist of my post was to knock the poster for insulting a vast swathe of the Thai population which as far as I'm aware is against forum rules. Unless of course you support his rather derogatory views. Which makes who the arrogant one? You or moi? See? I am multilingual after all. biggrin.png

BTW why the staunch support of someone making such offensive remarks? Are you his nellie or something?

To the OP ...

May I politely suggest that, as the OP here, yours is of a leadership role to originate the question, open it to your readership and maybe guide the topic if it gets a bit off course.

Your above post, unfortunately does none of that.

Maybe more of the Thai concept of Jai Yen might be appropiate.

You have a really a potentially good post here and you can rescue it, but may I suggest that you show a tad more humility and subtly when dealing with some of the responses.

David48 cowboy.gif

• Like 1