New Don Sak Airport In Planning Stages

Details of Leased Property by the Property Fund (Leasehold)

The Property Fund (Leasehold) has invested in the 30-year leasehold rights, starting from

November 24, 2006 to November 23, 2036, in the leased assets, which are currently used as Samui Airport. The

details of the leased assets, their appraisal price, cost and estimated rental incomes can be summarized as follows:

Details of leased assets and constructions leased by the Fund

The Fund has invested in the long term leasehold rights in the leased assets, including leased land, runways, parking

aprons and constructions on the leased land, which are currently used as Samui Airport, located at Samui. The Fund

has entered into the long term lease agreement for a period of 30 years where the agreement shall end on November

23, 2036.

Seems to cover pretty much most of the airport to me.

Buugger. 2036 will probably see me out. angry.png

I know that this is written very well almost like it is from someone who knows what they are talking about but why would they need to lease off the govenment. When the airport was built there was no shortage of cheap land for sale and it is on a flat strip of land which i doubt is government protected. Not that i am saying you are wrong i am just questioning your information.

Also i have never heard of anyone leasing land off the govenment. the government would make more money out of nuilding their own air port.

It does not make sense but there agaian maybe it is not supposed to

I know that this is written very well almost like it is from someone who knows what they are talking about but why would they need to lease off the govenment. When the airport was built there was no shortage of cheap land for sale and it is on a flat strip of land which i doubt is government protected. Not that i am saying you are wrong i am just questioning your information.

Also i have never heard of anyone leasing land off the govenment. the government would make more money out of nuilding their own air port.

Big C, that's the whole point of why BKK Air is at this day where they are. They were the only that believed in an airport on Samui, and they reap the benefits today. The govnmt wasn't interested back in those days.

Big C, that's the whole point of why BKK Air is at this day where they are. They were the only that believed in an airport on Samui, and they reap the benefits today. The govnmt wasn't interested back in those days.

Dr. P bought the land from private people back in those days. That is a fact. What he has done now, I am not really sure, may be put it in the fund...can be.....

Dr. P bought the land from private people back in those days. That is a fact. What he has done now, I am not really sure, may be put it in the fund...can be.....

The fact is, the land upon which the airport is built is leased by BA from the property fund. (Written proof if if you follow itshot's link).

Twice you've mentioned the land was bought by Prasaert. I don't dispute your knowledge (although confirmation of this from another source would be useful) but why would Prasaert buy land and then only get 25% of the revenue back through the fund as 75% of the fund is owned by other shareholders?

The fact is, the land upon which the airport is built is leased by BA from the property fund. (Written proof if if you follow itshot's link).

Twice you've mentioned the land was bought by Prasaert. I don't dispute your knowledge (although confirmation of this from another source would be useful) but why would Prasaert buy land and then only get 25% of the revenue back through the fund as 75% of the fund is owned by other shareholders?

I am guessing here, as I have not seen the original prospectus when the Samui Property Fund was created and then sold to the stock market in 2006.

It is likely at that time that the land was put into this fund, and the float on the market raised a shed-load of cash. Some cash may have been retained for working capital - unlikely as with a 30 year lease from the airline it would not really be needed, the rest will have been distributed to the shareholders. Dr. P was most likely the major shareholder at that time, as he was/is the major shareholder in Bangkok Airways. So, my assumption would be that Dr. P got a large sum of money and in exchange relinquished control of the fund (ie the land). He now, as with all the fund shareholders, receives a dividend on the holding.

Bangkok Airways are planning on going public too in the near future. they will be selling shares. No doubt a similar process will occur? Some new shares sold, and some old ones sold.

If Bangkok airways is done through Samui property agency what is the structure with BBK hospital?

Bangkok (Samui) Hospitals have nothing to do with either Bkk Airways nor the property fund.

The hospitals are wholly owned by Bangkok Dusit Medical Services plc company of which Prasert is Group Chief Executive Officer, President and Director.

If Bangkok airways is done through Samui property agency what is the structure with BBK hospital?

Bangkok (Samui) Hospitals have nothing to do with either Bkk Airways nor the property fund.

The hospitals are wholly owned by Bangkok Dusit Medical Services plc company of which Prasert is Group Chief Executive Officer, President and Director.

so there is a link between the airport and the hospital. SO these people are the real owners of samui

i wish he would build a central world like in Phuiket with allot of parking space and nicley designed building with a sizzlers and a skate board ramp and fashion shows that should promote the Island plus more biker gangs products

Edited by BigC

i wish he would build a central world like in Phuiket with allot of parking space and nicley designed building with a sizzlers and a skate board ramp and fashion shows that should promote the Island plus more biker gangs products

I am sure he has enough money to do all of that and more!laugh.png

But, to get back on topic, one thing I am sure he will not do, is build a new airport at Donsak.

Excellent idea! I have to say that since it was me who came up with it few years ago and "whispered it into an ear" of the Suratthani airport Manager at a coincidental meeting. He was later reported advocating it. What I also had in mind was a "coastal airport" with incorporated fast ferry service to the islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan from the airport terminal. I wonder if the current plans also include that. The ferries could be passenger only, no cars, with the travel time to Samui about 40 min and KPG another 20 min. Such regional airport would also boost tourism in Khanom area that has plenty "undiscovered" beaches, jungle covered mountains and caves. Not to mention some prime, beachfront land owned by some of the people involved. The airport in Don Sak would also be acceptable by influential people at BA since they would still be able to claim travel convenience by their "direct" flights to Chaweng village. A win-win solution for everybody so a very Thai solution as well!

• Like 2

Excellent idea! I have to say that since it was me who came up with it few years ago and "whispered it into an ear" of the Suratthani airport Manager at a coincidental meeting. He was later reported advocating it. What I also had in mind was a "coastal airport" with incorporated fast ferry service to the islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan from the airport terminal. I wonder if the current plans also include that. The ferries could be passenger only, no cars, with the travel time to Samui about 40 min and KPG another 20 min. Such regional airport would also boost tourism in Khanom area that has plenty "undiscovered" beaches, jungle covered mountains and caves. Not to mention some prime, beachfront land owned by some of the people involved. The airport in Don Sak would also be acceptable by influential people at BA since they would still be able to claim travel convenience by their "direct" flights to Chaweng village. A win-win solution for everybody so a very Thai solution as well!

i like your comments but as much as they seem well organised and conveinant. I just don't think that any of these plans shall go through even though it makes perfect sense.

There are bigger forces out there that control this planet and unless we can master the art of being a Jedi then we shall not beable to defeat the dark side. The space station Bangkok airways sorry i mean airport is run by the dark side of the force our rebell friend cannot help us now.

So help me obey One Canobe your our only help.

Be carefull do not under estimate the power of the dark side...................................

Many people go to Koh Phangyan to whitness the full moon but when they get there they are tricked into have a one big party., Psace part for space people

I know the power of the Dark Side, Big C. All what we can do is to cultivate the Jedi power, the power of the truth, and try our best. The results are far from certain but the style we travel (through life) matters. It would be easier for BA to swallow Don Sak airport than Samui public airport. So, there is some hope.

The land? Not at Don Sak, although that may as well be true, but at Khanom beaches and near-by.

High rise developments won't be happening at all. For a start there aint the infrastructure to support it.

The lack of infrastructure hasn't seemed to hinder development so far .... that's why in 2005 I decided not to build my first hotel in Samui - after experiencing what happens after it rains hard on that island smile.png

Simon

Edited by simon43

High rise developments won't be happening at all. For a start there aint the infrastructure to support it.

The lack of infrastructure hasn't seemed to hinder development so far .... that's why in 2005 I decided not to build my first hotel in Samui - after experiencing what happens after it rains hard on that island smile.png

Simon

Same as 2005 -2012 is chalk & cheese. Better have a look before commenting.

So who has a lot of land to get rid off at Donsak then? clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

The banks own most of donsak as most donsak people re in debt.

As for another airport i am sure they would have built one by now if they were going to build one. there has been high demand for yeears.

there ws my first experience that they were going to build a second airport in lipa noi. no airport,

then koh phangyang, no airport.

the first thing the mayor said when he came into power is the demand for a new airport.

no airport.

now this rumer of donsak. untill they have built a run way and planes are taking off and landing then to me it is just B.S not B.A

I would not put it past the place to build an airport but it never opens like the pier in Khanom that was bloked by raja nad sea tran.

like the elctric office in manam just a big waist of a building.

i am sure that BA could afford to build one but the expense with the bidding war with Bangkok airways would mean that they would have to charge the high rates to the customer then we shall just have 2 bandit airways

the only way out is with a goverment bail out but i doubt they are interested or they would have done something by now. it is not that hard to do. If large scale perfectly designed hotels can be built then i am sure that a load of tar mak and a control tower can't be rocket science.

i think that we have to accept it. though one good thing about the aiproit is that it keeps the riff raff out.

the PHuket is mobbed mainly full of idiots. there is a reason why crime is higher over there. it is because there is allot more people. more people ups th e ratio that some people are bad and some not.

for example if 3 out of every 10 is a criminal and the population is 1000 then there shall be 30 criminals for phuket the ration of people is probably about i dunno a round number 1 million that is 1,000,000 people

3 out of every 10 people 30,000 crminals.

that is allot of grime.

• 1 year later...

Any new about the Donsak Airport? Haven't seen any development so far, and no news for over a year now.

Local election time is over.

• Like 1