New Pcx 150

tekinsel

What is Honda's warranty on its PCX models as well as the Click, Snoopy, etc?

The reason I'm asking is for comparison purposes. I can't read the Thai in the brochures I've collected on the Yamahas but I see a warranty on the 135 c.c. Elegance, the Fiore and the TTX for 5 years/50,000 kilometers.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honda's brochure gives tires as 90/90 - 14 front

and 100/90 - 14 rear (not 90/100)

Yes, Yamaha (and I know Suzuki) also warranty the bike 3 years. And all - because of some doubt in consumers when they came on the market, perhaps, warranty the newfangled fuel-injection systems for 5 years (or some kms?). Should be clear on their respective advertising copy.

Edited by CMX

I've often strapped a desktop computer back there with bungee cords so that I could take it to tukcom for repair. So although I'm sure the new 150 PCX is a dream to drive and looks good in my eyes if not my friends', it is not as practical and at prices inflated by dealers it really sticks in my crawl to pad an underserving pocket.

You should invest in a more reliable desktop computer, problem solved. wink.png

Very good

If you had seen it in real you would not.....

I bought one 4 days ago.

When I stop on a traffic line / red fire, I like to watch the faces of the owners of old PCX when they see the "150" sticker... reallly funny ! smile.png

Snob appeal, then..

Strange about reported prices. Here in Chiang Mai, I've been quoted 78000 all in, meaning license, green book, and government insurance - and this at two places (for cash). Nothing offered about theft insurance, but then I didn't ask either; I've good certified helmets and even an armored riding jacket so don't want junk.

Nowhere online have I found anything like reliable performance information. I'd love to think of 14.? HP, but doubt it. Perhaps one day Sumit or somebody will dyno the machine.

Or a contributor offer a top end reading, perhaps even with gps!!!

Edited by CMX

Strange about reported prices. Here in Chiang Mai, I've been quoted 78000 all in, meaning license, green book, and government insurance - and this at two places (for cash). Nothing offered about theft insurance, but then I didn't ask either; I've good certified helmets and even an armored riding jacket so don't want junk.

Nowhere online have I found anything like reliable performance information. I'd love to think of 14.? HP, but doubt it. Perhaps one day Sumit or somebody will dyno the machine.

I keep trying for a top end without gps but you know crazy Thai drivers. maybe later this week I am going to Tak and I can get a clear road. What have found interesting I can be cruzing at 60 but only have about one eight of throtle engaged. It doesn't take much and I am doing 60 around the moat.

After 900 km and about 2/3 weeks the top speed for me seems to be around 110km/h. I went up to 115 once but the road was going slightly downhill.

Some others have reported 120 km/h; I'd like to see it... :)

The bike goes up to 100 quite easily, then it takes a bit more time but it's ok and on a main road, it feels a bit safer to overtake with it than with the 125.

Some more information for those who might be interested:

Unfortunately, compared to the 125, the range is lower. After 205-215 km, the gas jauge starts blinking; it used to be 230+ on the 125 which tank is a bit bigger apparently.

Based on that, it seems that the fuel consumption is similar though which is not bad for a better engine.

I find that the PCX150 brakes are softer; maybe it was intentional from Honda to make the riding experience more smooth but I personally prefer the 125 on that point.

The engine sound is better even when the engine is cold, big improvement here but this is subjective :)

Acceleration is better, the 125 has a 'hole' around 60-70 and that's not the case with the 150.

Is it worth upgrading from the 125? I would say no.

The reason I did it is because the wife had a ScoopyI and we traded it in for the new PCX 150. We now have both the 125 and the 150 so I had the time to compare them and the difference is minimal; especially when using it here in Pattaya.

Compared to other bikes it is still the best motorbike available here in that price range.

HTH.

If you had seen it in real you would not.....

I bought one 4 days ago.

When I stop on a traffic line / red fire, I like to watch the faces of the owners of old PCX when they see the "150" sticker... reallly funny ! smile.png

Snob appeal, then..

I predict a rush on 150 badges. Especially on custom painted onescowboy.gif

Compared to other bikes it is still the best motorbike available here in that price range.

actually ,its the only bike available in this price range ,you cant

(fairly) compare it to scooters that are 30-40k less

Nowhere online have I found anything like reliable performance information. I'd love to think of 14.? HP, but doubt it.

From comparing SH 125 with PCX I predict something like 13.5 HP with 13.5 Nm. Seeing as someone already has 120 kph and theoretical would be 126. More would be better but it still maybe a two-valve engine built for low down (relatively) torque.

or somebody will dyno the machine.

I have to wait until the scooter is released in Spain before it is dynoed. I am sure someone will do it sooner, hopefully scientifically and not just on YouTube.

Edited by VocalNeal

After 900 km and about 2/3 weeks the top speed for me seems to be around 110km/h. I went up to 115 once but the road was going slightly downhill.

Some others have reported 120 km/h; I'd like to see it... :)

The bike goes up to 100 quite easily, then it takes a bit more time but it's ok and on a main road, it feels a bit safer to overtake with it than with the 125.

Some more information for those who might be interested:

Unfortunately, compared to the 125, the range is lower. After 205-215 km, the gas jauge starts blinking; it used to be 230+ on the 125 which tank is a bit bigger apparently.

Based on that, it seems that the fuel consumption is similar though which is not bad for a better engine.

I find that the PCX150 brakes are softer; maybe it was intentional from Honda to make the riding experience more smooth but I personally prefer the 125 on that point.

The engine sound is better even when the engine is cold, big improvement here but this is subjective :)

Acceleration is better, the 125 has a 'hole' around 60-70 and that's not the case with the 150.

Is it worth upgrading from the 125? I would say no.

The reason I did it is because the wife had a ScoopyI and we traded it in for the new PCX 150. We now have both the 125 and the 150 so I had the time to compare them and the difference is minimal; especially when using it here in Pattaya.

HTH.

I concur with Joeed. I just finished a 560 km journey from Bkk to near Yasothon. Took me about 8 hours as I stopped about 4 times for petrol as I didn't want to risk running out in between the relatively sparse stations.

Top speed is 112 (non GPS) but once touched 115 briefly going downhill. Getting up to top speed is fairly easy though the last few kms require just a bit of patience.

I have to say that the engine performed beautifully with fairly good torque for overtaking, considering its only 150cc. Ride was very comfortable but I was struggling with leg room due to the bump (I'm 5'11") so I will probably change my seat as moe has done if someone can recommend a vendor in and around Bangkok.

It's a fun bike for shortish trips of up to 200 km but any longer distance, you would wish for a bigger cc'd bike to eat up the miles quicker. I must say its a head turner though as not too many PCX's in this part of Isaan.

Edited by Gweiloman

About fuel use on this machine:

To repeat - fuel gauges mean nothing, and they may not even be akin within the same manufacturer/model. Question is - how much goes in the tank when you hit (apparent) empty? The 5.9 tank is only slightly smaller than the 6.1 tank, so if range is much reduced it will be because of the larger engine, mostly.

The range of speed reporting errors is significant on motorbikes and motorcycles. Frequently 7% or worse. Assuming 10% (which is probably more accurate than the number we read on the bike) the PCX probably goes 100 true, perhaps slightly more. (Error on my Hayate is 10%, and it goes but a true 92 when carrying 115 kilos.)

2 within 20 mins of each other have just come down the Village, 1 a Motorbike Taxi the other the water meter reader both red/white and on red plates so guess they must be the new 150cc

There are 2 Red and Black owned in the Village, still not sure about the Red and White seeing them closeup

Edited by ignis

About fuel use on this machine:

To repeat - fuel gauges mean nothing, and they may not even be akin within the same manufacturer/model. Question is - how much goes in the tank when you hit (apparent) empty? The 5.9 tank is only slightly smaller than the 6.1 tank, so if range is much reduced it will be because of the larger engine, mostly.

The range of speed reporting errors is significant on motorbikes and motorcycles. Frequently 7% or worse. Assuming 10% (which is probably more accurate than the number we read on the bike) the PCX probably goes 100 true, perhaps slightly more. (Error on my Hayate is 10%, and it goes but a true 92 when carrying 115 kilos.)

I have calculated a consumption of 2.4 liter/100km for my PCX 150cc, my previous PC 125cc took between 2,2 - 2,3

So just a slight increase and it will might disappear after the engine run in................

the top speed is only slightly higher, so far i reached about 112 but that will change maybe as well after the 1st 1.000km

MrJ

Thanks for specific information! It's useful; "When my low fuel light illuminates" is useless. Q is # of liters and # of kilometers. Your heavier 150 (now and not broken in) rivals a broken-in Elegance 135 and beats my Hayate Fi by 2 kilometers/liter. Honda's 'esp' no doubt.

On sat. I rode up to Doi Pui which is a few K pass Wat Doi Suthep. I am a big man and I had plenty of power going up the hill. It is a steady climb up with a couple of steep climbs. The scooter handles very nice the road up isn't as crazy as the MHS loop but it gives you and the bike a work out. When i check the milage in a few days it will be a combo of flat country, city and hills.

Getting rid of that hump is the best thing I have done so far. I find it more comfortable now as I can move back further on seat and stretch out my legs.

Can you post a picture?

Sorry no pitcures but look at Koratjohns in an earlier post and the one with the blue seat all look the same.

Went to the petrol station today and got my fill up 174.7 klm and 4.1 liters 42.60976 liters per kilometer. This was a combination of city, flat country, and up Doi Sethup. I do like to get down on the throttle to get ahead of traffic a more conservative rider may get better milage. I will be going to tak in a few days will post my mileage when I fill up. Also I am a big man so carry a few more lbs.. than some, your mileage may vary

The scooter shop I bought my 150 at has 4 used 125s if anyone interested and I donot know the price.

Edited by moe666