Kawasaki Z1000

NormanW

Have you nothing to say about it other than post a picture??

I have had mine for 2 days now, it's awesome but it is an alcoholic regarding fuel!!!

My 3 mods so far are the geartronic solo gear indicator, gold and silver radiator cover(pics attached) also crash pads from Puig, very expensive but I dropped the bike yesterday whilst trying to turn round almost at a standstill, no damage at all!!! won't be making that mistake again!!!

post-150763-0-69260500-1331360981_thumb.

post-150763-0-45340400-1331361001_thumb.

Edited by kawapower

I have had mine for 2 days now, it's awesome but it is an alcoholic regarding fuel!!!

My 3 mods so far are the geartronic solo gear indicator, gold and silver radiator cover(pics attached) also crash pads from Puig, very expensive but I dropped the bike yesterday whilst trying to turn round almost at a standstill, no damage at all!!! won't be making that mistake again!!!

No, (unfortunately) I don't own one but would obviously love too.

Glad to hear your 'drop' was just minor.

Any more future mods planned?

No, (unfortunately) I don't own one but would obviously love too.

Glad to hear your 'drop' was just minor.

Any more future mods planned?

Just a few Monster Energy stickers, I love logo things!!

Here is mine - 12days old and 1150kms already !

List of mods:

1. GRG bar end mirrors with Rhinomoto barends

2. R&G Fork Sliders

3. R&G rear spools/sliders

4. Custom LED integrated Tail light

5. ASV Levers

6. DMV Engine covers/sliders (bought and fitted by AP Shop - very good shop!)

7. SW Motech blaze panniers (for touring) (bought and fitted by Panda Rider - very good shop!)

post-149893-0-00753600-1331464135_thumb.

post-149893-0-82650900-1331464325_thumb.

post-149893-0-32692300-1331464375_thumb.

I think I'll soon be getting a gear indicator and a windshield.

• Like 2

List of mods:

2. R&G Fork Sliders

5. ASV Levers

7. SW Motech blaze panniers (for touring) (bought and fitted by Panda Rider - very good shop!)

i dont know how people can ride these things flat out without some kind of windscreen

i thought the er6n was a bit uncomfortable flat out never mind one of these things :)

List of mods:

2. R&G Fork Sliders

5. ASV Levers

Looks good, the gear indicator is a must, I have the Puig geartronic solo, it was 7500bht apparently the best one out there,

Can you give me a contact web address of where you got the sliders etc from..

List of mods:

2. R&G Fork Sliders

5. ASV Levers

i dont know how people can ride these things flat out without some kind of windscreen

i thought the er6n was a bit uncomfortable flat out never mind one of these things smile.png

I will never ride mine flat out, I doubt I will ever go over 150kph

The screen is a good idea. At first I sort of felt good about the wind in your hair on your chest, but yesterday I took it up to 180-200km/h a good few times and it was a bit windy to say the least !

The mirrors were a really good addition - the standard ones just seemed to show my arms, but the bar end ones are just right - they stick out past the end of the bars, but not too much.

Where did you (@kawapower) get the puig gear indicator from ? (it should have been so easy for Kawasaki to include one in the display!!)

I've seen the PZ racing one in Thai shops for THB4,700 and the Healtech GIPro for ~THB5,000 from the UK.

as for the parts I bought:

1. ASV Shorty levers (black) from Motorcycle Road & Race in the UK @ GBP 163.94 for the set (~THB 8100)

2. X-Blaster LED tail light from Custom LED in the US @ US$129.99 , an ELFR-1 relay @ US$19.98 and a Blaster-X control switch @ US$ 4.99, P&P to Thailand is US$ 34.99. (turns out I didn't need the relay or switch)

3. CRG Arrow bar-end mirrors & Rhinomoto Bar-end weights/mirror mounts from Rhinomoto @ US$279.89 for the set. I'm not sure what the P&P is as there was a problem with their website, but I have emailed them and should now within a day or so.

4. The fork sliders were GBP30 and the rear GBP60 and bought from a bike shop thru Ebay (can't find the emails). Try AP Shop for the R&G stuff as I saw some there last week, but didn't notice the price)

The screen is a good idea. At first I sort of felt good about the wind in your hair on your chest, but yesterday I took it up to 180-200km/h a good few times and it was a bit windy to say the least !

The mirrors were a really good addition - the standard ones just seemed to show my arms, but the bar end ones are just right - they stick out past the end of the bars, but not too much.

Where did you (@kawapower) get the puig gear indicator from ? (it should have been so easy for Kawasaki to include one in the display!!)

I've seen the PZ racing one in Thai shops for THB4,700 and the Healtech GIPro for ~THB5,000 from the UK.

as for the parts I bought:

1. ASV Shorty levers (black) from Motorcycle Road & Race in the UK @ GBP 163.94 for the set (~THB 8100)

2. X-Blaster LED tail light from Custom LED in the US @ US$129.99 , an ELFR-1 relay @ US$19.98 and a Blaster-X control switch @ US$ 4.99, P&P to Thailand is US$ 34.99. (turns out I didn't need the relay or switch)

3. CRG Arrow bar-end mirrors & Rhinomoto Bar-end weights/mirror mounts from Rhinomoto @ US$279.89 for the set. I'm not sure what the P&P is as there was a problem with their website, but I have emailed them and should now within a day or so.

4. The fork sliders were GBP30 and the rear GBP60 and bought from a bike shop thru Ebay (can't find the emails). Try AP Shop for the R&G stuff as I saw some there last week, but didn't notice the price)

The gear indicator is the PZ racing one,I got through Teera motorcycles here in Phuket they are also in Bangkok, it's Imported from Italy hence the price tag, it is very good. my radiator cover is great looking also through Teera.

I am considering this tail tidy with the stock indicators.

post-150763-0-24635000-1331510196_thumb.

Edited by kawapower

I've been looking at this bike for a few months now and it looks simply amazing. Unfortunately I'll probably never own one. You guys are so lucky.

Yes it is amazing and I do feel very lucky to be the owner of one, my mate said yesterday it looks like a transformer.

List of mods:

2. R&G Fork Sliders

5. ASV Levers

Must have been a quiet day at the BRC you could park your bike on the track facing the wrong direction ;)

Seriously tough looking bike! Awesome with the tail cleaned up like that. ENJOY! intheclub.gif

Must have been a quiet day at the BRC you could park your bike on the track facing the wrong direction wink.png

Seriously tough looking bike! Awesome with the tail cleaned up like that. ENJOY! intheclub.gif

Cheers. - I'll have to have a think what to do when the registration plate comes - think I may do the same as Karlos and fold it and insert it above the shock area.

What, that was the wrong direction ? ? ohmy.pngbiggrin.png It was only the small circuit that was open, (the bit on the far right was closed off). The staff tried to say it was THB300/hr ! lol.

It was last Friday afternoon , -there were two other guys there that went away mid afteroon and I stayed for a few slow laps after that.

Edited by KarlHatton

• 2 weeks later...

Out for a ride tomorrow to Kleang with/on my mates new Ducati Streetfighter.

Meeting outside Mitiyon at 3pm. Rain permitting of course smile.png

Be there or be square smile.png

Can't wait.

Will get some pics and vids smile.png

• MultiQuote
  • Edit

• 2 weeks later...

The z1000 are sold with thai spec ECU right (restricted)? Has anyone put their bike on a dyno yet? Would be interesting to see the graphs..

What are your experiences so far with the bike?

Cheers,

Dunder

• 2 weeks later...

I have been eyeing up this bike lately... I might change my ER6F this year to this bike...

Has anyone tested this and the ducati monster? Which one is better in terms of comfort for a lardy giant as myself (186cm)?

It's got to be the Z1000 as the monster (I assume you are talking about the Rayong made 795?) is in a different class give physical size and cc.

If on the other hand you are talking about the 1100cc Monster then I would go for that but it is 800k baht rather than the 585k for the Z1000.

I have been eyeing up this bike lately... I might change my ER6F this year to this bike...

Has anyone tested this and the ducati monster? Which one is better in terms of comfort for a lardy giant as myself (186cm)?

It's got to be the Z1000 as the monster (I assume you are talking about the Rayong made 795?) is in a different class give physical size and cc.

If on the other hand you are talking about the 1100cc Monster then I would go for that but it is 800k baht rather than the 585k for the Z1000.

Yeah, the Thai monster is a nice looking bike, but it's REALLY small. Perfect for most Asians and anyone under say ~5'10", but anyone taller than that is going to feel pretty cramped on the Thai Monster.

The Z1000 is a very compact motorcycle too, but still a lot roomier than the Thai Monster. And in terms of power and performance the Thai Monster can't touch the might Z :)

Ride On!

Tony

• Like 1

Snowflake, have you considered the Yamaha FZ8N? Think it is around 480,000baht, I'm a big lad too and was surprised at the size of the Z1000 when I saw it in the flesh, wasn't much bigger than an ER6N.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Yes, the new Yamaha FZ8n is a very nice looking bike, and Yamaha, Thailand are offering it for the same price they used to charge for the FZ6 and are offering quite attractive financing too. Certainly a bike to consider-

2011_FZ8-N_BWC1_AU_3.jpg

• Like 1

If i buy new again this (FZ8) might well be my next bike if nothing new comes to Thailand within the next 2 years smile.png

I'm a biker so I wouldn't say no but I am in love with the Z1000 smile.png

The Z1000 is simply awesome, if the torque figures are correct it is as fast as the ZX10R except top speed of course, love mine it is so comfortable and sounds like thunder, I will only be keeping mine for 6 to 12 months then change for something a bit more sedate, buying it was all about getting the big powerful bike out of my system!! also I don't drive fast I have never been over 120 mph on any big bike I have owned to me it is all about the bike,the sound and the look!!

Edited by kawapower

The Z1000 is a monster so why pay 800k for the Ducati 1100cc monster/

• Like 1

If i buy new again this (FZ8) might well be my next bike if nothing new comes to Thailand within the next 2 years smile.png

The Z1000 is simply awesome, if the torque figures are correct it is as fast as the ZX10R except top speed of course, love mine it is so comfortable and sounds like thunder, I will only be keeping mine for 6 to 12 months then change for something a bit more sedate, buying it was all about getting the big powerful bike out of my system!! also I don't drive fast I never been over 120 mph on any big bike I have owned to me it is all about the bike,the sound and the look!!

Why change? Sounds like you love the bike and you've already taken the main hit on depreciation so why not just keep it?

If you want something similar but a bit lighter and more agile then a Street Triple might be a good bet. The Z1000 is a great looking bike though.

The Z1000 is simply awesome, if the torque figures are correct it is as fast as the ZX10R except top speed of course, love mine it is so comfortable and sounds like thunder, I will only be keeping mine for 6 to 12 months then change for something a bit more sedate, buying it was all about getting the big powerful bike out of my system!! also I don't drive fast I never been over 120 mph on any big bike I have owned to me it is all about the bike,the sound and the look!!

Why change? Sounds like you love the bike and you've already taken the main hit on depreciation so why not just keep it?

If you want something similar but a bit lighter and more agile then a Street Triple might be a good bet. The Z1000 is a great looking bike though.

It's nothing to do with weight I am 6' 4" when it comes to buying things I am definitely Ting Tong, I never keep anything long, the Z1000 is the best big bike I have ever owned but it will have to go after the period I stated, some lucky person will get the Z cheaper, at the end of the day I will be able to get another new bike and have lots left over.

Obviously I will lose money but life is short and there are other bikes to try!!

Edited by kawapower
  • Like 1

I own a Street Triple R, and would also love to park a Z1000 next to it, and a Streetfighter S, and Tuono V4. Saw one in a showroom last Saturday here in Singapore.....sex on wheels. Although the Speed Triple R in the same place is also a real knee trembler.

I've had my bike serviced today at the main Triumph agent, 22K km = valve clearances, clean and balance throttle bodies, check on the game boy, filters/oil, plugs, EBC brake pads, new radiator cap = 600 Sing $ = THB about 15K.

(Welcome to Singapore)

tuono-v4r-1.jpg

Edited by soihok

I own a Street Triple R, and would also love to park a Z1000 next to it, and a Streetfighter S, and Tuono V4. Saw one in a showroom last Saturday here in Singapore.....sex on wheels. Although the Speed Triple R in the same place is also a real knee trembler.

I've had my bike serviced today at the main Triumph agent, 22K km = valve clearances, clean and balance throttle bodies, check on the game boy, filters/oil, plugs, EBC brake pads, new radiator cap = 600 Sing $ = THB about 15K.

(Welcome to Singapore)

tuono-v4r-1.jpg

15k for service seems very expensive!! the Aprila is gorgeous!

• Like 1