Tunning Cbr 150R Injection

Hi guys have changed a few things on my cbr150i and between 5 to 7 k revs it seems to struggle a little(flat spot). Is there somehwere i can take it to get tuned with it being injection model and Not Carb.

Also looked at maybe putting a CDI from apitech on it but everytime i email them they dont answer. Eventually made contact on facebook but again no 1 can seem to answer my questions as to whether or not it will help.

Has anyone got or used a modified CDI or equivelant for the 150 injection model,

Any help or info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Has a local ECU piggyback unit. I suggested that already.

Well then it's not the mixture that is too lean. You'll have to explain a bit more. Falters in high gear at high throttle opening or falters in low gear at light throttle opening.

Probably something simple like a dickey spark plug.

Unless you've changed the cam and that's another detail you left out.

Edited by VocalNeal

Usual minor Mods Exhaust,Iridium spark plugs k+n Filter, F1 box (not really noticed much difference with this) May have to get someone to check connections with this but it was fitted at honda garage.

Done quite a bit cosmetic with various other mods.

Aceleration is fine until around 5k then it seems to slow and picks up again around 6.5 to 7k.

Edited by Stretch2480

Haven't come across another ECU for the 150, except the API-Tech one. The street version of the API (not the unlimited one) was withdrawn until they sort it out. When it appears on their website it should be sorted, about THB3,600. Looks like i've sold my 150 so won't get to try the API ECU out!!

The one thing that seemed to help driveability was fitting a 45T rear sprocket. Probably not related to your flat spot, but the bike seemed happier around town with it.

Edited by taichiplanet

• 4 weeks later...

I don't own a CBR150 but I read this interesting comment on another forum:

The fuel injection on these CBR 150's has been proven to be very poorly set up. It will go in and out of closed loop on a whim, go back and forth between lean and pig rich with small movements of the throttle, and with the one I bought (although they're probably all the same), if ridden in cold weather, will run so ridiculously rich, the excess fuel will go past the rings and completely dilute the oil within a few thousand km. But, it does start easily, even in cold weather.