Chalerm Wants Drug Runners Executed Faster

Lite Beer

Is there a reason nobody on the truck knew who owned the tablets? Did they belong to anybody on the truck?,did this person refuse to own up to save the others? Did the others refuse to 'finger' the culprit?......you give the bones of a story and expect us to accept it was a travesty of justice....may well be the case

Guilt by association is often utilised in the forum........hard to take sometimes isn't it?

Well that's all there is, people poor enough to ride in the back of a pick-up to save some of the bus-fare get shafted,and the driver walks. I don't know why, but can guess. The 2 that I know lost over 8 years of their life, all their assets, and destroyed their young family.

And it has SFA to do with those too stupid to walk away when others in their protest start shooting at authorities. Do you know god's gift to the stupid - they don't know how stupid they are. Be thankful.

I was actually thinking of how the protest deaths are being laid at the door of Abhisit, because he was 'in charge' the same as the people here who berate Chalerm for the actions of his son.......guilt by association......is a fine line sometimes

Most of it lay blame where it is due. The protest deaths go directly to the man who paid for them. Chalerm is guilty of using his position to pervert the course of justice. Neither is guilt by association.

What does either have to do with the current topic?

As I said a fine line.......just to add.......often drawn by those who serve their own need...........

Chalerm not a topic in this thread......better tell the others......

• Like 1

This would only mean more miscarriages of Justice,due to the overloaded Judicial system, desperately trying to keep up with Chalerms intended orders,

But I doubt he would care much about that,his boss in Dubai took an even faster route to execution for some, "innocent drug dealers" as declared by Amnesty International.

Can this man honestly put his hand on his heart and swear that never in his whole life has he pocketed a single baht derived from dope dealing? I don't think so.

Edited by Arkady

There is no such country.

Agreed, tackle corruption.

Chances, unfortunately slim.

One can only hope and do what one can.

Killing people works.

Look at Singapore.

Or Texas.

Less crime due to fear of death.

As well as less cost to the population keeping them in bed and food.

If you were thinking about getting involved in something, would you think twice if the penalty was death ?

I sure would.

And I think that any sane person would too.

Funny you'd mention Singapore, the country where people are free and happy. So what other crimes should have death sentence, if it is such a great option? Human trafficking? Corruption? Smuggling rice? It is extremely easy to just say, "let's just kill them and the problem is solved".

Shall we start with murder w/extenuating circumstances like :

Murder and rape combined.

Multiple murder.

Murder of police.

Murder of Prime ministers or other high Gov't officials.

(since you're asking....)

Yo everybody,

This is not about Charelm.

This is about drugs and Thailand.

These people are scum and prey off the poor.

We are better off without them !

This is about Chalerm because it is proof that the real players can buy their way out while the little people take the punishment. Even the death penalty is not going to stop a multi billion dollar industry because the temptation for vast profit is too great. I also pity you people who seem to think that executing some poor sod who is probably up to his/her eyeballs in debt and thought that delivering a packet for the nice mafia man would solve their problem.

PS as for your comments on Singapore I don't think Amnesty agree with you:

"But drug addiction was still a problem, Amnesty said, adding that there was "no convincing evidence" high execution rates had curbed drug use in Singapore. "

That's amnesty's opinion.

As I have said here before (opinions are like a*sholes, everybody's got one) including you an I.

And everybody's welcome to it.

You start executing these ice and ya-ba folks and you watch the problem start to go away.

Yo everybody,

This is about Chalerm because it is proof that the real players can buy their way out while the little people take the punishment. Even the death penalty is not going to stop a multi billion dollar industry because the temptation for vast profit is too great. I also pity you people who seem to think that executing some poor sod who is probably up to his/her eyeballs in debt and thought that delivering a packet for the nice mafia man would solve their problem.

"But drug addiction was still a problem, Amnesty said, adding that there was "no convincing evidence" high execution rates had curbed drug use in Singapore. "

Not to mention this vile being and his sons are the mafia or the equivalent. This man cowardly fled to scandinavia in the 80's to avoid showing the reasons for his dishonestly obtained money. That was only the beginning. This is a silly show to divert the majority's attention away from the many more pressing issues (that he and his cronies fail to do anything about).

So obviously to you this IS about Chalerm.

O.K.

I thought we were talking about death penalty for drug runners.....

Looking at the list in the post by Southernman3;

I think there may well be a case here for use against repeat offenders who clearly have not learnt from the first time around

Swift justice after a court appearance, if without appeal, on a first offence, does create opportunity for error

How do the Government think this 'policy' would be seen by other countries?

There are too many reasons why tourists avoid Thailand as it is, without creating another.

Would this 30 day turn around be for foreign drug traffickers too?

I agree that there are too many drugs and users in the Land of Smiles, but while Thailand's judicial system remains as it is(unreliable, corrupt and terrible), it would be wrong to have the death penalty for any conviction..

Yo everybody,

As I have said here before (opinions are like a*sholes, everybody's got one) including you an I.

You start executing these ice and ya-ba folks and you watch the problem start to go away.

You must be dreaming if you think this problem will go away by swift executions.There is countries today where you have the death penalty for drug smuggling and where the drug problem is as rife as ever.

What a sad little man this is, Who gave him the right to take anyone's life on this Planet?

It is about time all these so called HiSo elite were put in prison for crimes against humanity

I understand the full drugs issue but that is what the legal system and courts are for...not some egotist who wants to pleasure his master

Thailand you have no hope with people like this & to think this person was almost PM ???????? jerk.gif

Sad little man or not, the sooner the death penalty for proven drug traffickers is enforced, the sooner it will slow the trade down. It also cancels completely the possibility of re-offending. Frees up jail space, and will be a deterrent to all but the most serious criminals or the most serious idiots ('nuff said). som num na smile.png

Grumbles. A quick look at stats for the death penalty in the USA actually shows that States without the DP have lower murder rates. I would be interested in knowing why you think the deterrent would have a different effect here, on drug dealers.

What a sad little man this is, Who gave him the right to take anyone's life on this Planet?

It is about time all these so called HiSo elite were put in prison for crimes against humanity

I understand the full drugs issue but that is what the legal system and courts are for...not some egotist who wants to pleasure his master

Thailand you have no hope with people like this & to think this person was almost PM ???????? jerk.gif

Sad little man or not, the sooner the death penalty for proven drug traffickers is enforced, the sooner it will slow the trade down. It also cancels completely the possibility of re-offending. Frees up jail space, and will be a deterrent to all but the most serious criminals or the most serious idiots ('nuff said). som num na smile.png

Grumbles. A quick look at stats for the death penalty in the USA actually shows that States without the DP have lower murder rates. I would be interested in knowing why you think the deterrent would have a different effect here, on drug dealers.

The only statistic the death penalty has a positive effect on is recidivism.

The only statistic the death penalty has a positive effect on is recidivism.

Not prison space or budgets?

Some inflammatory posts have been removed, it might be useful to read the forum rules before proceeding, in particular:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Killing people works.

Look at Singapore.

Or Texas.

If you were thinking about getting involved in something, would you think twice if the penalty was death ?

I sure would.

Funny you'd mention Singapore, the country where people are free and happy. So what other crimes should have death sentence, if it is such a great option? Human trafficking? Corruption? Smuggling rice? It is extremely easy to just say, "let's just kill them and the problem is solved".

Multiple murder.

Murder of police.

Where do we draw the line - Murder and rape, OK if proven beyond doubt

Multiple murder, ditto

Murder of police - but it's OK if they murder us??????

Murder of Prime ministers or other high Gov't officials - I would award

medals to whoever took out some of today's PMs and officials

Bush. Blair, Assad to name but a few. These people have been

a party to the most atrocious war crimes of the 21st century and

still walk about as free men, give me the drug runners anyday

at least you know where you stand with them.

• Like 1

Chalerm wants drug runners executed faster

I haven't read the article yet but my first impression upon reading the headline is : this would definitely discourage them.

Now to read.....

I am having some difficulty in getting my head around hasty execution discouraging druggies and execution a little further down the road not doing so. Is this the world famous Thai logic at work again?

What ever happened to TIPS as an example here in Pattaya, there was a road sign about 8 months ago that allowed common people to phone in and give a tip of drug deals or people selling. A reward for conviction. I suspect the police had too many calls or local Mafia payed for sign removal

I know of a local Thai looser on his second time caught after being busy on a non-stop 96 hrs selling spree and was released a couple weeks later. I heard his parents paid police the first time and was out! Now once again his two stroke motorcycle awakes the apartment complex to deliever his wares. The strange part of it is that his parents must know by now that he is not a Pitza delivery boy every hour during the night!

Education is the key to riding this area of Yaba, I do hope a sign will re-appear near high schools to curve the selling of this drug and its effects, for example a high school picture before use of drug and a current one mug shot of the arrested seller's death signs of it use!

• Like 1

Yo everybody,

You must be dreaming if you think this problem will go away by swift executions.There is countries today where you have the death penalty for drug smuggling and where the drug problem is as rife as ever.

It will never go away.

I'm not that daft.

It might make people think twice before getting involved and thereby slow it down a bit.

I haven't read the article yet but my first impression upon reading the headline is : this would definitely discourage them.

Now to read.....

I am having some difficulty in getting my head around hasty execution discouraging druggies and execution a little further down the road not doing so. Is this the world famous Thai logic at work again?

I don't understand what you are saying.

Killing people works.

Look at Singapore.

Or Texas.

I sure would.

Multiple murder.

Murder of police.

Where do we draw the line - Murder and rape, OK if proven beyond doubt

Multiple murder, ditto

Murder of police - but it's OK if they murder us??????

Murder of Prime ministers or other high Gov't officials - I would award

medals to whoever took out some of today's PMs and officials

Bush. Blair, Assad to name but a few. These people have been

a party to the most atrocious war crimes of the 21st century and

still walk about as free men, give me the drug runners anyday

at least you know where you stand with them.

Gotta say ya gave me a laugh there clap2.gif

Now to read.....

How can anyone in a bhuddist country be executed? I thought they didn't even kill ants.

• Like 2

Some inflammatory posts have been removed, it might be useful to read the forum rules before proceeding, in particular:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Is irony allowed?

Now to read.....

How can anyone in a bhuddist country be executed? I thought they didn't even kill ants.

You thought wrong.

Take no prisoners! Kill the evidence! Snuff them out before they can talk or before anyone listens to them. Protect the Mr. Bigs and the Mr. 20%s at all cost. Kill the little people. They were caught. Big pople don't get caught, they send little people to the front lines. Kill the the little people. We don't want to know what they have to say. Kill them fast.

Murder is wrong, no-matter if it is a person or the government doing it.

To murder someone as a penalty for drugs doesn't even go under 'eye for an eye'. It's moral crusading gone haywire and then knee-jerk reactions to the outcome.

To expedite state-murder for drug-related crimes, but not for murder and other heinous crimes, is just a clear sign how ludicrous things are.

Edited by TAWP
  • Like 2

Murder is wrong, no-matter if it is a person or the government doing it.

To murder someone as a penalty for drugs doesn't even go under 'eye for an eye'. It's moral crusading gone haywire and then knee-jerk reactions to the outcome.

To expedite state-murder for drug-related crimes, but not for murder and other heinous crimes, is just a clear sign how ludicrous things are.

"an eye for an eye will only make the entire world blind" Mahatma Ghandi