Recommended Wife-Friendly Bar Or Nightclub In Bangkok?

tubehero

Don't hesitate to take your wife to some of the bars at Soi Cowboy. Preferably a place with a good show (Long gun).

She may resist for one moment, but don't take it seriously: women love this stuff. She can't go there with a friend or alone, obviously. So you can give her a special experience she can later talk about.

I have done it with many "good" girls from Thailand and other countries, and they were all quite excited and found it a real experience. And the bars there are totally harmless.

Sorry, but don't agree with this at all. Most of my neighbors wives would never agree to go, and would think you looney for even asking. Resisting would be putting it mildly.

i know many women who would love to go. recently i was asked to accompany two women in their early 30's to a gay sex show. it took about 1 phone call by way of research and off we went

it was most certainly a new experience for me.

i personally am always surprised at what other people are capable

as the patpong tout has been hear to say:

sex show, f_cking show,

never try, never know.

regarding the OP.

there are buckets of places you could go, but by excluding q bar as expensive you have limited yourself.

how old are you and the little woman.

On soi 11 alone there is Bed, Ava, Zaks Wine bar, Q bar, Above 11, NEST, Levels.

Thonglor has a bunch of places as well as others have mentioned. i think you need to be a bit more specific

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i ate once at the v8 diner and was beyond disappointed at the food. I remember noticing they had a farang dude working and got excited.

The food was kind of bleh in the early going...when it was just an indoors restaurant. But since then and after they added the large outdoors dining area, IMHO, they've improved their menu and the quality of their food...

And I've never seen a farang guy working there any time recently.... The working managers and the staff are all Thai. Though I'm not sure what difference a Thai vs farang manager is supposed to make.

Ok well thats good news because when I went it was before the front of V8/insomnia got upgraded to the grass layout they have now, so maybe ill go back and give it another shot! Yes there was a foreign "chef" working the kitchen at that time. You are telling me that having a Westerner cooking at a Western restaurant vs. a non-Westerner cooking makes no difference to you??? lol cmon.

V8's also teamed with the adjoining Sunrise Tacos in recent months to install a re-tractable white cloth awning over their whole outside patio area, meaning it's still good for days or evenings even during the rainy season, which hopefully will be ending soon.

Unfortunately, their ever changing menu and drink specials lately also have migrated into a shorter happy hour that now, I believe, only runs from noon to 7 pm with an array of 69 baht beers and other drinks.

i ate once at the v8 diner and was beyond disappointed at the food. I remember noticing they had a farang dude working and got excited.

Yes there was a foreign "chef" working the kitchen at that time. You are telling me that having a Westerner cooking at a Western restaurant vs. a non-Westerner cooking makes no difference to you??? lol cmon.

Well, considering you were "beyond disappointed" with the food you got, I guess having a Westerner cooking at a "Western" restaurant certainly did make a difference in your case.

In my case, I've only seen Thais cooking there, whether it be Thai or Western food. And the fare is mostly decent IMHO.

Witches taven in Tonglor (after soi 10 heading away from Sukhumvit)

Ridiculously overpriced and loud when they have a band.

Speaking of Thonglor, try the little plaza in Thonglor soi 13 (walk in the soi about 50meters, on your left). You can sit outside and the plaza is shared by several bars. Aternately, J Avenue on Thonglor.

Or, try The Speakeasy on top of Hotel Muse. Cozy atmosphere and good view of Bangkok. Low on people watching, however.