Buying A Honda Pcx150 - Are The Mityon'S Really Reliable?

TramsRepus

Im going to head out today and look to buy a new Honda PCX150 in Jomtien/Pattaya area. It seems that all motorcycle shops are Mityon shops. And after what i have read about them, i'm not so sure i want to buy it from them.

Are there good non-Mityon Honda shops around here?

First off.........in general I think we all get excellent service at most of these dealerships. My next point is the extreme stupidity or lying (I'm not sure which) I am constantly confronted with a most of these dealerships. Which is why I really liked the former female manager at the Mityan dealership in Naklua between Soi 18 and Soi 16. When the new model CBR 150 was about to come out and the new CBR 250 she knew the specs, pricing, etc. This is before it was released. My former experience at dealerships, especially with male salesmen or managers is they had no clue what they were talking about or even what new bikes were coming out the next day. Unfortunately when I stopped by this Naklua dealership I found that the woman manager is no longer with them

There was a woman sitting on the floor with her baby I had never met at this dealership before. She refered to the dealership as "My shop" so she could well be the owner. As for the manager, a woman who has been there doing clerical work for years is the new manager. I had always gotten a good impression of this woman. I noticed that just in the past week or two the dealership's inventory had gone from something like 10-15 bikes to something like sixty. I noticed they are now even handling the Yamaha Mio at this dealership now because I saw on their floor a brand new fuel injected Mio.

I asked when the new Yamaha fuel injected Elegance was coming out and if it was to be a 125 c.c. model like they've just introduced in Vietnam as the Nouvo 200 SX or a 135 like the carbed model. The woman sitting on the floor told me it was definitely going to be a 135, not a 125. She then said it was possible that the new Nouvo was on the showroom floor at a dealership on Pattaya Klang across from Carre Four.

Ok....So today I went to the large Mittyan dealership on Pattaya Tai to find out what I could about the up and coming fuel injected Nouvo. At the front desk I was told...."No have." (never heard of it). There were lots of new 150 CC Px's on the floor however. So I popped my next question on them....."What is the fuel capacity of the new 150 c.c. model. It it 6,2 liter, same as the old 125 model?" The answer was, "Don't know." I suppose there are no spec books lying around somewhere? Well....there probably are but the people at the desk are apparently too lazy to find one.

Looking around the place I saw several new fuel injected Mio's. I noticed they are 115 c.c's whereas one of last year's models on the showroom floor, one with a carb in it is 125 cc's. Bingo.....my brain tells me what so far two dealerships could not tell me-----the new fuel injected Nouvo will be 125 cc's, just like the one that just came out in Vietnam. That's because if Yamaha sees fit to lower the displacement of the mio by 10 c'cs it is logcal it would do that same with the Nouvo----so 135 c'c's less 10 cc's equals 125 cc's which is what is presently being offered in Vietnam as the Nouvo SX http://kawasakininja-250r.blogspot.com/2012/03/yamaha-nouvo-sx.html

A little later on a female sales rep joined my girlfriend and me. I'd put her in her late thirties, early forties and she told me, "the new Nouvo will be just 125 c'c's. I know this for sure."

I believe her. The front office knows zilch. The person who might be the owner of the Naklua dealership told me the new fuel injected Nouvo would be 135 cc's, not 125 cc's. But this woman has just validated what my own independent research has come up with and my brain after seeing that the displacement of the new Mio has dropped. ---Vietnam gets all the kudos for introducting the new model Nouvo, not Thailand which apparently is behind the times.

a pity about the change in the Naklua dealership, i always found them helpful. The male manager that was there before is now a salesman at the Kawasaki shop on Sukhumvit (which is also owned by Mityon); he is still very friendly and helpful.

I have found that the Mityon South Pats sales people sometime talk out there a-rses, claiming knowing something as 100% fact which later turned out to be wrong. Same same all over the world! :-)

The Mio does currently come in 2 types; the 115 is Fi while the 125 is carb.

a pity about the change in the Naklua dealership, i always found them helpful. The male manager that was there before is now a salesman at the Kawasaki shop on Sukhumvit (which is also owned by Mityon); he is still very friendly and helpful.

I have found that the Mityon South Pats sales people sometime talk out there a-rses, claiming knowing something as 100% fact which later turned out to be wrong. Same same all over the world! :-)

The Mio does currently come in 2 types; the 115 is Fi while the 125 is carb.

I agree with you about the former male manager at the Naklua dealership. He was always friendly as you mentioned. Moreover when I came back from Vietnam after taking pictures of the Honda 150 SHi, we both felt that bike would soon be introduced here. He wanted to see the pictures I got of that bike, He would also show me the manager's copy containing specifications for different bikes. I can only assume the main dealership has specs in their office, but there its apparently Mai pen rai. (who needs to know squat about anything) The female manager who replaced him made produce knowledge a huge priority. Hated to see him leave, and now I am very disappointed that she's gone.

I have been visiting many shops today.. All the non-Mityon shops told me the same thing, "only Mityon had the new PCX150 for now".. I have also asked about the price in 3 different Mityon shops today and all was said the same:

79500B Bike

900B Tax

1000B Insurance

3500B 2-years theft-insurance

200B Red plate deposit

85 100 In Total

Get on a bus and buy it in Bkk. Bangkok plates help the resale price and prestige. Hi-so Thais would rather buy their car in BKK rather than have Chonburi plates, so I've heard.

if you have any problems in the future then any Honda dealer will honour the warranty.

I have been visiting many shops today.. All the non-Mityon shops told me the same thing, "only Mityon had the new PCX150 for now".. I have also asked about the price in 3 different Mityon shops today and all was said the same:

79500B Bike

900B Tax

1000B Insurance

200B Red plate deposit

85 100 In Total

wow rip off i got qouted 73500 for the bike and 78,000 drive away price. typical Mityon price hike, always extra 6k on the pcx. yesterday for 150 cc. try honda in Si Racha on right hand side goint through on sukhumvit. the y were 6k cheaper on the 125 as well.

79500B Bike

900B Tax

1000B Insurance

200B Red plate deposit

85 100 In Total

wow rip off i got qouted 73500 for the bike and 78,000 drive away price. typical Mityon price hike, always extra 6k on the pcx. yesterday for 150 cc. try honda in Si Racha on right hand side goint through on sukhumvit. the y were 6k cheaper on the 125 as well.

Can Si Racha deliver???? Give me a phone number and i will call them....

Ordered one from Si Racha for 72 500 + 5000 for the papers... Delivery tomorrow friday... Saved me 7000b :-D

There are several Honda shops in Sri Ratcha. Can you be specific as to location or provide a phone number? I assume that the "papers" include insurance -- third party and theft -- for a few years?

A dealership in Ladkrabang Bangkok quoted me 77,700Baht all in, i have no intentions to buy one but thought i would stop and take a butchers so i could add to the various PCX150 threads popping up on this forum.

Spent more time talking to the mechanincs than i did to the sales staff as they were pouring over the bike i arrived on :D lol