Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AFL's signed off on Buddy deal... Waiting on Hawks to counter offer...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-08/afl-approves-buddy-deal

If Hawks can counter offer, Swans may be forced to trade with Hawthorn to get the deal done.

Now, this would make for some interesting negotiations.

I would be advising Jesse White to give up on dreams of going to Collingwood, open up to moving to Hawthorn. Add in a draft pick collected from Melbourne in return for Nick Smith and maybe Andrejs Everitt, then on trade that pick to Hawthorn - sweetens the deal as Hawks unlikely to get a decent compo pick for losing Buddy.

AFL's signed off on Buddy deal... Waiting on Hawks to counter offer...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-08/afl-approves-buddy-deal

If Hawks can counter offer, Swans may be forced to trade with Hawthorn to get the deal done.

Now, this would make for some interesting negotiations.

I would be advising Jesse White to give up on dreams of going to Collingwood, open up to moving to Hawthorn. Add in a draft pick collected from Melbourne in return for Nick Smith and maybe Andrejs Everitt, then on trade that pick to Hawthorn - sweetens the deal as Hawks unlikely to get a decent compo pick for losing Buddy.

It will be a big risk for the Hawks if they match the offer....don't know if they will take the chance. Maybe Hawks are playing mind games with Sydney

Well that's what it's about BM... Though, I would suspect, that Hawthorn would be subject to the same scrutiny of any offer the propose.

If they weren't they'd be simply be able to pluck a figure out of the air, Buddy says "No deal" and then they get down to the business of working out trades...

As much as I'd like to see it down by COB today - in an hour and a bits time ;) I'd like to see what tricks Hawthorn have up their sleeves, just to make it interesting. You know, like Kevin Bacon not calling for back up kind of interesting :P hahaha

Well that's what it's about BM... Though, I would suspect, that Hawthorn would be subject to the same scrutiny of any offer the propose.

If they weren't they'd be simply be able to pluck a figure out of the air, Buddy says "No deal" and then they get down to the business of working out trades...

As much as I'd like to see it down by COB today - in an hour and a bits time wink.png I'd like to see what tricks Hawthorn have up their sleeves, just to make it interesting. You know, like Kevin Bacon not calling for back up kind of interesting tongue.png hahaha

Sneaky Hawks.

i don't like the compensation picks for free agency players. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me

Follow the trade day feed on AFL.com.au and you'll get an idea of the BS that is holding shit up today. St Kilda concluded its review. Roos appointed Geoff Walsh as head of football today, come tomorrow there'll be a bit of movement on the Dal Santo deal.

Reading the website there's a serious load of <deleted> on there, seems they'll just post anything that comes on their twitter feed...

AFL setting a dangerous precedent? <deleted> were these muppets when Alaister Lynch signed a 10 year deal with Brisbane all those years ago?

Damian Barrett can take a long walk off a short pier, he's fast approaching Caroline Wilson status. What happened to old mate who used to be the footy insider on The AFL Footy Show - Hutchy? Damien Barrett's just a cockroach...

<deleted> is happening with St Kilda and Del Santo??? They are going to struggle for years if they can't even get board agreement on that issue

The problem is Nth want Dal Santo (still 1 yr contract at saints) and pick 22 in exchange for Delany who incidently can't get a regular game with north. That is a win for Nth and a loss for the saints.

If the Saints hold off and use the trigger clause then Nth can still get Dal Santo, the saints get Delany and probably pick 26 from Nth as a compensation pick which is a win for the saints. Dal Santo is worth more than Delaney.

However if North come to the party the Saints will accept a straight swap and no draft picks change hands. Still North would come out in front in regards to quality players.

Watters wants the 29-year-old to stay, the list management team disagrees.

Edited by chooka

<deleted> is happening with St Kilda and Del Santo??? They are going to struggle for years if they can't even get board agreement on that issue

The problem is Nth want Dal Santo (still 1 yr contract at saints) and pick 22 in exchange for Delany who incidently can't get a regular game with north. That is a win for Nth and a loss for the saints.

If the Saints hold off and use the trigger clause then Nth can still get Dal Santo, the saints get Delany and probably pick 26 from Nth as a compensation pick which is a win for the saints. Dal Santo is worth more than Delaney.

However if North come to the party the Saints will accept a straight swap and no draft picks change hands. Still North would come out in front in regards to quality players.

Thanks for that clarification chooka.

I guess Del Santo also sees North playing finals for the next couple of years...not much chance at St Kilda

Thanks for that clarification chooka.

I guess Del Santo also sees North playing finals for the next couple of years...not much chance at St Kilda

I believe North want the pick from the saints to trade on.

Saints seek stability to end rough off-season

Matt Thompson October 8, 2013 2:32 PM

ST KILDA is a step closer to concluding its end of season review after a telephone hook-up of board members on Tuesday morning.

Club director and Trevor Barker Medalist, Andrew Thompson, has been spearheading the review into the club's football department after the Saints finished a disappointing 16th in 2013.

The long-term future for coach Scott Watters remains uncertain.

There have been murmurings of discontent at the Seaford based club for most of the year, although no one is prepared to go public and for obvious reasons.

ST KILDA is a step closer to concluding its end of season review after a telephone hook-up of board members on Tuesday morning.

Club director and Trevor Barker Medalist, Andrew Thompson, has been spearheading the review into the club's football department after the Saints finished a disappointing 16th in 2013.

There have been murmurings of discontent at the Seaford based club for most of the year, although no one is prepared to go public and for obvious reasons.

Well well well, either he should have got an extension or the sack at the end season, leave the guy in limbo and nothing much will eventuate next year in terms of going forward, like it or not very few coach's see out there contract these days, basically your giving them 1 years pay cheque for free.

The way I see it if they sack him or just let it ride there shooting them selves in the foot for taking so dam long about it and off to the VFL the saints should go.

As much as I'd like to see it down by COB today - in an hour and a bits time wink.png I'd like to see what tricks Hawthorn have up their sleeves, just to make it interesting. You know, like Kevin Bacon not calling for back up kind of interesting tongue.png hahaha

Sneaky Hawks.

i don't like the compensation picks for free agency players. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me

Yep, I agree with the no compensation pics for free agency players. I can't see it lasting.

Also, the trade period is way too long IMO. Should be over and done with in a week methinks.

Sneaky Hawks.

Yep, I agree with the no compensation pics for free agency players. I can't see it lasting.

Also, the trade period is way too long IMO. Should be over and done with in a week methinks.

Putting my tinfoil hat on again...

The AFL might like the trade period being extended as it is...more press time and publicity, more chance to male revenue and get sponsors names out there and keep the public engaged.

Well well well, either he should have got an extension or the sack at the end season, leave the guy in limbo and nothing much will eventuate next year in terms of going forward, like it or not very few coach's see out there contract these days, basically your giving them 1 years pay cheque for free.

The way I see it if they sack him or just let it ride there shooting them selves in the foot for taking so dam long about it and off to the VFL the saints should go.

Oh my dear Alex, I hardly think a Melbourne supporter is in a position to ridicule another team on their lack of performance especially when they finished below those that they laugh at. The only thing that has saved the Demons from extinction is the name "Melbourne" Definitely the worst performing team of the last decade by far and with almost a decade of tanking and priority picks the only thing that has saved them from the spoon is the inclusion of new sides. With the amount of priority picks and cuddling from the AFL Melbourne has had over the last decade they should have won at least 5 premierships.thumbsup.gif

Yes the saints are on the bottom of the wheel at the moment but it will turn. The demons are being dragged along with the brakes on.

Oh my dear Alex, I hardly think a Melbourne supporter is in a position to ridicule another team on their lack of performance especially when they finished below those that they laugh at. The only thing that has saved the Demons from extinction is the name "Melbourne" Definitely the worst performing team of the last decade by far and with almost a decade of tanking and priority picks the only thing that has saved them from the spoon is the inclusion of new sides. With the amount of priority picks and cuddling from the AFL Melbourne has had over the last decade they should have won at least 5 premierships.thumbsup.gif

Yes the saints are on the bottom of the wheel at the moment but it will turn. The demons are being dragged along with the brakes on.

Now now chooka...sticks and stones....as a Dee's supporter and mind you I went to every game bar the one they played in Sydney in 84, where we only won one game virtually on the last kick of the day from Robbie against the doggies I have more than served my apprentiship, then on to 5 elimination finals 3 perlims and 1 grand final were we got a record score kicked against us...oh and not to forget the biggest hiding ever against Fitzroy at Waverly mate ive done it all and I have put the boots in don't you worry me boy, even in front of Ron Barassi's wife I told some dud who was happy with the previous days 8 goal bagging that he was being too kind and we had only one player the rest would not get a game anywhere else.

And Tanking? mate we were never convicted...so technicality it never happened.

Strong statement coming from a Saint...yep worst performer of the last 10 ys but who takes the tag for all time? got to go to the Saints doesn't it, at least we managed to bag 12 premierships along the way, took us 150 ys but we got 12.

As for fashion colours Dees leave everyone for dead, for football colours well I do like yours especiliay most of your away jumpers.

And it was good timing to be a crap team unlike the saints where you finished last like about 5 times in a row and that's how you got that ageing list you got now having Gold Coast then GWS save out bacon god was looking after us.

I voted for the merger, I use to be a member I thought it was a positive, proactive and modern way to go, mate things like that happen everywhere, relocate etc its no big deal its all about $ and good sense, well the Hawks were smarter than us and no wonder they didn't join with us to many guys still stuck in the 50s at deeland in those days.

When you follow a crap team you find other interests...rolleyes.gif

And you think St Kilda and Melbourne have problems?

Look at this farcical goings-on with Brisbane. Leigh Matthews is told he is ineligible to be a club director because he has not been a full member for two continuous years.

The kicker? Leigh is a Life member of Brisbane laugh.png

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-08/lawyers-stop-lethals-ticket-

Here you have incumbent chairman Angus Johnson running Brisbane into the ground, players leaving en masse and he just wants to cling to power

Follow the trade day feed on AFL.com.au and you'll get an idea of the BS that is holding shit up today. St Kilda concluded its review. Roos appointed Geoff Walsh as head of football today, come tomorrow there'll be a bit of movement on the Dal Santo deal.

I have AFL Trade Radio on 9-5, depending on work w00t.gif

I have AFL Trade Radio on 9-5, depending on work w00t.gif

They say that this years draft will be lacking in real talent midway thru the 2nd round. I wonder how much difference there will be between pick 22 and 26. Should the Saints hold off and make Nick a free agent thus get pick 22 instead of 26.

Saints current draft picks

Free agents: Nick Dal Santo

Draft picks: 3, 21, 37, 55, 73, 91, 109

North Melbourne will offer St Kilda pick 26 and Luke Delaney for Nick Dal Santo

By Mark Robinson and Jay Clark

NORTH Melbourne is prepared to package pick No. 26 and key defender Luke Delaney to St Kilda for veteran midfielder Nick Dal Santo. The Roos have insisted the offer is fair for a player who will be 30 by the start of next season.

The other option open to the Saints is to void Dal Santo’s contract for next season and release the three-time All-Australian under free agency rules to gain a slightly higher draft selection.

The Saints would be almost certain to receive pick No.22 as free agency compensation for Dal Santo. That compensation selection would follow the Saints’ first pick in the second round, currently No. 21. But that option means the Saints would have to do a separate deal for Delaney, potentially risking losing the backman to other interested clubs led by Brisbane and Carlton.

The Roos are adamant their second-round selection - pick No.26 - plus a 24-year-old key backman in Delaney, is a well-balanced deal for Dal Santo.

Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood if they were in the position of St Kilda would hold out to get the deal they want....end of story, but if the Saints want to trade then take the North deal as trying to get the defender will end up costing you more, draft picks over 12 arnt to hot you know its a lot of hit and miss.

I know you think highly of him and would be great for him to stay, but given North are giving you a 25 year old key defender for a class 30 year old who has at best 2 to 3 seasons in front of him its not such a bad deal and looks fair to me to.

Mathews might not be doing his reputation any good getting involved with the Lions board room ruckus, not so sure you can lay blame totally on to the president, I mean to sack Voss was a football department directive, and the exodus can be partly to blame on guys wanting to go to play in there home states, until footballers are payed mega bucks that trend will keep on happening and its a good excuse to get away from somewhere your not happy to be or should I say the lure to play in a better team.

Lions would seem to need to refresh a few new positions....now don't Brisbane look like the Dees form the 50's and 60's were after a stella period they go shooting themselves in the foot.

Chooka will Watters be there next week after the review concluded today?w00t.gif

Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood if they were in the position of St Kilda would hold out to get the deal they want....end of story, but if the Saints want to trade then take the North deal as trying to get the defender will end up costing you more, draft picks over 12 arnt to hot you know its a lot of hit and miss.

I know you think highly of him and would be great for him to stay, but given North are giving you a 25 year old key defender for a class 30 year old who has at best 2 to 3 seasons in front of him its not such a bad deal and looks fair to me to.

Mathews might not be doing his reputation any good getting involved with the Lions board room ruckus, not so sure you can lay blame totally on to the president, I mean to sack Voss was a football department directive, and the exodus can be partly to blame on guys wanting to go to play in there home states, until footballers are payed mega bucks that trend will keep on happening and its a good excuse to get away from somewhere your not happy to be or should I say the lure to play in a better team.

Lions would seem to need to refresh a few new positions....now don't Brisbane look like the Dees form the 50's and 60's were after a stella period they go shooting themselves in the foot.

Chooka will Watters be there next week after the review concluded today?w00t.gif

I don't totally blame the president, but I feel the top guy has to take the blame when a club implodes. He is after all the bloke calling the shots and so should be accountable.

What were Brisbane thinking, sacking Voss and having no replacement lined up? Host of young players unsigned and you sack your coach. Missing home is one thing, but I feel in this case we are seeing rats abandoning a sinking ship.

The Lions didn't call the GM within the time frame they were meant to, instead they have pulled out a technicality through their lawyers saying Mathews is not eligible to be a director because of a membership issue. He is a life member <deleted>! laugh.png The current directors and board will further isolate the players and members through this move. Matthews is a hugely respected figure of the Brisbane club for the work he did there.

Politics aside , the action of the board makes a mockery of the Life membership, effectively saying a Full 2 year membership has more kudos than a life membership. Utterly ridiculous.

Good clubs have good strong back room boys. The board of directors. When you see a fractious board, a board playing politics, Directors mouthing off in the media, it trickles down to all the staff and all the playing crew.

So from today we've seen how Buddy looks in red and white... Thankfully we're not employing him to be a public speaker ;)

I can't help but wonder if amongst this all Alastair Clarkson knew anything and was asked to keep his mouth shut?

Seems Eddie has his panties in a twist having a crack at Dale Thomas via the head coach... Pretty sad really, I hope Thomas shows those black and white rex hunts whose Boss next season.

GWS are pretty ballsy trying to pick a fight with their cross town foes, single handedly going to blame them if the AFL can the CoLA, I'd suggest they read the Franklin deal again, it wasn't much over their offer, the fact that Buddy wants more flags now and not in 4-5 years time is the key to him going to the Swans. I can't see the AFL canning it altogether, I can see some modifications, but the Swans deal was scrutinised by the league so they know exactly how the Swans can afford it.

Brisbane? What a shit fight that place is, Lethal done on a technicality, guess they're not playing poker anymore toto...

Seems Eddie has his panties in a twist having a crack at Dale Thomas via the head coach... Pretty sad really, I hope Thomas shows those black and white rex hunts whose Boss next season.

must have missed that. What was said?

Here it is...

"Daisy’ has always played with passion and as a young player he embodied the new spirit of the sides that would win the flag in 2010 and play in the grand final of 2011," Buckley said.

"He was a big occasion player who often thrived on the MCG stage. He enjoyed the theatre. The crowds, the roar, the stakes, they seemed to inspire him.

"The game has since thrown its challenges at him and he is looking to start afresh but he shared in a history-making moment with us and will always be remembered for that. Everyone at Collingwood wishes him well."

Ben Mc Evoy has gone to the Hawks NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He was our only recognised ruckman, one of out best players and touted as the next captain.

I'm just listening to that on Trade Radio. Bit of a surprise that one?

edit. they got Shane Savage and Hawthorns first pick at #17

Crikey, Mcevoy is only 24.

Edited by BookMan

Thursday....we lost one midfielder and gained nothing......... Hey Roosey your leaving it a bit late mate....

Might be hard to attract players to Melbourne.

From memory, when Roos was at the Swans they would often announce their trades late. I'd reckon he'll get some solid players to come. maybe not big names though

Thursday....we lost one midfielder and gained nothing......... Hey Roosey your leaving it a bit late mate....

Might be hard to attract players to Melbourne.

From memory, when Roos was at the Swans they would often announce their trades late. I'd reckon he'll get some solid players to come. maybe not big names though

Awwww... there, there AlexRRR, in time, you'll learn that's how the jedi masters operate... Everything will happen late tomorrow ;)