Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

TRADE UPDATE | The AFL ahs determined the following draft compensations for clubs affected by the Gillette AFL Free Agency Period:

Collingwood -
Round One selection (Dale Thomas).
The selection for Dale Thomas will be immediately placed behind the Round One selection of Collingwood in the indicative NAB AFL Draft Selection Order that was supplied after the Grand Final (as a note to media, this selection will now be inserted at number 11, with all following selections now dropping down by one position).
Hawthorn – Round One Selection (Lance Franklin).
The selection for Lance Franklin will be immediately placed behind the Round One selection of Hawthorn in the indicative NAB AFL Draft Selection Order that was supplied after the Grand Final (as a note to media, this selection will now be inserted at number 19, with all following selections now dropping down by two positions).

Melbourne – Round Two Selection (Colin Sylvia).
The selection for Colin Sylvia will be immediately placed behind the Round Two selection of Melbourne in the indicative NAB AFL Draft Selection Order that was supplied after the Grand Final (as a note to media, this selection will now be inserted at number 23, with all following selections now dropping down by three positions).

Melbourne has since traded its compensation pick to Adelaide for Bernie Vince in a late trade this evening.

St Kilda – Round Two Selection (Nick Dal Santo).
The selection for Nick Dal Santo will be immediately placed behind the Round Two selection of St Kilda in the indicative NAB AFL Draft Selection Order that was supplied after the Grand Final (as a note to media, this selection will now be inserted at number 25, with all following selections now dropping down by four positions).

Carlton – No Compensation (Net Result for Dale Thomas in / Eddie Betts out).

Based on the age of players Matt White (Richmond to Port Adelaide) and Xavier Ellis (Hawthorn to West Coast) and the contract offers made to them by their new clubs, no compensation was applied to their former clubs for their departures during the Free Agency Period.
Edited by chooka

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YAWN...is trade week, month, year over yet? went on and on and on and on, latest news is the Dees managed to trade pick 2 for a GWS tall quick smart midfielder, Dees words not mine, I never heard of him, Tom Tyson, not all bad we get pick 9, all other trades finalized yesterday pretty much expected.

Chooka - seems you lot might get Billy Longer..

Jesse White's off to the pies in a 3 way trade deal that seems to leave the Swans with nothing, if I read the press release correctly.

In other news, the Irish gave the Indigenous All Stars a bit of a pasting earlier this morning. Haven't watched it but looking at the social media feeds, it wasn't pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Marty Mattner has been appointed an assistant coach at the Swans for 2014

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-10-21/mattner-appointed-assistant-coach

Really top news to read that! Just need Simon Black to head on down to the big smoke and that will be quite the coaching panel!

Seems Jed Lamb's on the move up the M4 as well... Reports that he walked out of Moore Park on Monday chasing a 3 year deal at GWS..

A trade still needs to be made or Lamb can chance his arm in the preseason draft.

Seems the Saints have been active chooka, picked up Hawthorns compo pick (19) in exchange for their 2nd round and 3rd round picks...

Seems Jed Lamb's on the move up the M4 as well... Reports that he walked out of Moore Park on Monday chasing a 3 year deal at GWS..

A trade still needs to be made or Lamb can chance his arm in the preseason draft.

Seems the Saints have been active chooka, picked up Hawthorns compo pick (19) in exchange for their 2nd round and 3rd round picks...

Can't blame Lamb. 3 years and couldn't get a regular game, even this year with all the injuries

Jesse White's off to the pies in a 3 way trade deal that seems to leave the Swans with nothing, if I read the press release correctly.

In other news, the Irish gave the Indigenous All Stars a bit of a pasting earlier this morning. Haven't watched it but looking at the social media feeds, it wasn't pretty.

Billy is tagged and bagged and saints now have 5 picks in the top 25. 3 in top 19..

Billy is tagged and bagged and saints now have 5 picks in the top 25. 3 in top 19..

Who are they likely to target? What positions?

Billy is tagged and bagged and saints now have 5 picks in the top 25.  3 in top 19..

Who are they likely to target?  What positions?

All of them :P

• Like 1

Today is the last day of the trading period!

Anybody expecting some surprises?

Andrejs Everett plus pick 39 to Carlton in return for pick 32...

As for surprises, I'll be surprised if GWS gets over losing Buddy today...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BARGAIN BILLY...

Saints land a bargain as former number 8 draft pick Billy Longer heads their way for picks 25 and 41

THE BRISBANE Lions' frantic finish to the Gillette AFL Trade Period continues with the trade of ruckman Billy Longer to St Kilda now complete.

The Lions have sent the 20-year-old ruckman and pick No.48 to the Saints in exchange for picks No.25 and 41.

Saints land another one as Josh Bruce heads south

JOSH Bruce's wish to join St Kilda has been granted, with the 21-year-old defender traded to the Saints by Greater Western Sydney in exchange for pick 48.

As reported by AFL.com.au's Peter Ryan on Thursday night, Bruce was prepared to enter the pre-season draft if he was not traded on the final day of the Gillette AFL Player Exchange Period.

But after initially baulking at an offer of pick 41, the Giants eventually decided to accept pick 48, which St Kilda received as part of the deal that made ruckman Brisbane Lions ruckman Billy Longer a Saint.

Trade Wrap LIVE from 3pm AEDT: who moved, who won and who lost

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-25/live-trade-wrap-from-3pm

BARGAIN BILLY...

Saints land a bargain as former number 8 draft pick Billy Longer heads their way for picks 25 and 41

THE BRISBANE Lions' frantic finish to the Gillette AFL Trade Period continues with the trade of ruckman Billy Longer to St Kilda now complete.

The Lions have sent the 20-year-old ruckman and pick No.48 to the Saints in exchange for picks No.25 and 41.

JOSH Bruce's wish to join St Kilda has been granted, with the 21-year-old defender traded to the Saints by Greater Western Sydney in exchange for pick 48.

As reported by AFL.com.au's Peter Ryan on Thursday night, Bruce was prepared to enter the pre-season draft if he was not traded on the final day of the Gillette AFL Player Exchange Period.

But after initially baulking at an offer of pick 41, the Giants eventually decided to accept pick 48, which St Kilda received as part of the deal that made ruckman Brisbane Lions ruckman Billy Longer a Saint.

Long term ruckman for the Saints

BARGAIN BILLY...

Long term ruckman for the Saints

Mc Evoy was suppose to be the long term ruckman and the 2014 captain. The saints did pretty well during the trade period collecting 4 ready to go players still in their teens/early 20's and they still have 3 1st round draft picks. I won't know the side next year when they take to the field.

See chooka wasn't all doom and gloom down there, got to have some faith my boy....faith in the powers that are.

Will have to wait and see...

Looks as tho Darren Jolly will be recruited by the saints also in the draft as a replacement for Ben Mc Evoy and a mentor for the ruck pups. As long as they saints don't use a 1st round pick to get him I don't care, pick 98 or 118 will be fine.

See chooka wasn't all doom and gloom down there, got to have some faith my boy....faith in the powers that are.

Looks as tho Darren Jolly will be recruited by the saints also in the draft as a replacement for Ben Mc Evoy and a mentor for the ruck pups. As long as they saints don't use a 1st round pick to get him I don't care, pick 98 or 118 will be fine.

Can't see them using a low pick for Jolly. He would be good for them for a year though

Can't see them using a low pick for Jolly. He would be good for them for a year though

They would be extremely foolish that is why I said pick 98 or 113 would be ok. Saints have 3 1st round picks and should use these for the spine, a backman, midfielder and tall forward. Agree Jolly not much more than a yr and minimum payments.

Edited by chooka

Everitt to train pre season kickboxing in Thailand

CARLTON recruit Andrejs Everitt will put himself through an intensive kickboxing camp in Thailand before joining the Blues for pre-season training.

Everitt, 24, completed the same gruelling program last year and it helped provide the impetus for the former Bulldog and Swan to produce the best of his seven seasons at AFL level.

"I'll do that again this year because I really enjoy my boxing and kickboxing. I'll do that for a week and then relax for a few days before I come back and start training," he told carltonfc.com.au.

The 79-gamer will also join his new teammates on their altitude training camp in Arizona in December.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-29/everitt-kicks-on

Edited by BookMan

Dees delist another three

MELBOURNE has delisted Rory Taggert, James Magner and Nathan Stark ahead of Thursday's list lodgement deadline.

The Demons also upgraded defender Mitch Clisby to its senior list for 2014, after the 23-year-old played eight games in 2013.

Magner earned two Brownlow votes on his AFL debut in round one, 2012, and was a standout performer as the team lost its first nine games that season.

He played 17 games in his first season, with his form tailing off as the year went on. He then appeared to fall out of favour, playing just two games in 2013 and finishing sixth in the Casey Scorpions' best and fairest.

The 26-year-old midfielder was quick to express on Twitter that he hoped to get a second chance at another club:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-29/dees-delist-another-three

Dees delist another three

MELBOURNE has delisted Rory Taggert, James Magner and Nathan Stark ahead of Thursday's list lodgement deadline.

The Demons also upgraded defender Mitch Clisby to its senior list for 2014, after the 23-year-old played eight games in 2013.

Magner earned two Brownlow votes on his AFL debut in round one, 2012, and was a standout performer as the team lost its first nine games that season.

He played 17 games in his first season, with his form tailing off as the year went on. He then appeared to fall out of favour, playing just two games in 2013 and finishing sixth in the Casey Scorpions' best and fairest.

The 26-year-old midfielder was quick to express on Twitter that he hoped to get a second chance at another club:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-29/dees-delist-another-three

I actually like Magner, but no room for him at the saints

Free to good home...

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-10-30/swans-make-additional-list-change

Kind of didn't but did see that coming...

Quite a few players going for various reasons..That list leaves out Jed Lamb

Primary List Deletions

Tony Armstrong (delisted)

Jude Bolton (retired)

Alex Brown (delisted)

Andrejs Everitt (trade – Carlton)

Marty Mattner (retired)

Mitch Morton (retired)

Shane Mumford (trade – GWS)

Jesse White (trade – Collingwood)

2014 Premiership Season AFL Fixture Toyota

http://www.afl.com.au/fixture.workstation

Now 3 games on Anzac Day, kinda takes the gloss off the Collingwood/Essendon game doesn't it.

St Kilda has one of the games..

I thought St kilda was playing in NZ on Anzac day?

Yes they are playing in N.Z V Brisbane .

Collingwood should be happy with the draw as usual, 14 games at the MCG, 4 interstate trips. The poor bastards will have to travel 3 kms across town to Ethiad Stadium 4 times for away games tho.

Saints 6 interstate games and 1 in N.Z play the top 8 twice and just one game against GWS and Melbourne, that is going to test the metal of the new young kids. Probably good for them in the rebuilding period and they may just pinch 2 wins against GWS and Melb.

Now 3 games on Anzac Day, kinda takes the gloss off the Collingwood/Essendon game doesn't it.

Collingwood should be happy with the draw as usual, 14 games at the MCG, 4 interstate trips. The poor bastards will have to travel 3 kms across town to Ethiad Stadium 4 times for away games tho.

Saints 6 interstate games and 1 in N.Z play the top 8 twice and just one game against GWS and Melbourne, that is going to test the metal of the new young kids. Probably good for them in the rebuilding period and they may just pinch 2 wins against GWS and Melb.

Quick glance at the Swans draw and it looks pretty good.

Freo once

Geelong once

Hawks twice

Melbourne zero times

Quick glance at the Swans draw and it looks pretty good.

Freo once

Geelong once

Hawks twice

Melbourne zero times

That's not bad, good for Melbourne not having to face Sydney. Overall I am happy with the saints fixture as I want to see the kids have a hard knock and earn their positions. Saints were going to be down anyway.