Dental Treatment In Pattaya?

Sum Num Na

Hi all,

This is my first posting in this forum. So hi to everyone who is active here and a Very Merry Christmas to you all!!!!

I will be in Thailand on my 19th Trip in 4 years early Feb and i am going to see about getting my choppers done. Getting them done as in having all my Silver fillings made white.

My question is does anyone have any knowledge on this subject who can reccomend a dentist or who knows if its cheaper and more importantly is it advisable?

John

Why bother? Nobody much sees your silver fillings and if they do they don't care one way or the other whether you have them. So, no, it's not advisable, unless maybe you sing on TV a lot and thus have a celebrity image to maintain.

But suppose you want to go ahead and waste the money. In that case, if you want the highest standard for premium rates, go to Bankok-Pattaya Hospital. Otherwise, for good work at a much more reasonable price, go to

Dr. Kittipoj Torteeka

Kittipoj Clinic

111/79 M. 10 South Pattaya Rd.

ph. 038-723-138

10:00 - 20:00 M-Sat

The phone # may not be current.

Welcome to the board.

Why bother? Nobody much sees your silver fillings and if they do they don't care one way or the other whether you have them. So, no, it's not advisable, unless maybe you sing on TV a lot and thus have a celebrity image to maintain.

But suppose you want to go ahead and waste the money. In that case, if you want the highest standard for premium rates, go to Bankok-Pattaya Hospital. Otherwise, for good work at a much more reasonable price, go to

Dr. Kittipoj Torteeka

Kittipoj Clinic

111/79 M. 10 South Pattaya Rd.

ph. 038-723-138

10:00 - 20:00 M-Sat

The phone # may not be current.

Welcome to the board.

Erm.... Thanks for the advice on my oral health. I dont think i asked for that but as with all forums a post normally starts with a question then ends up with a load of weak advice from people who have no idea.

I am getting them done becouse they need doing, kinda like when you buy laces for a pair of shoes you get them becosue the old ones need replacing not cos you want to look good on TV.

Next time you reply please keep it to what i have asked not to what you want.

John

Why bother? Because the gentleman cares about his appearance. Shudder to think what your mouth looks/smells like - must be Brittish thing. First thing people will judge you on is your face/body, next is teeth/smile. A great smile goes miles with women in Asia.

My parents taught me there was little more important than hygene and that you have one set of choppers to last you 75 years, do everything you can to keep them in top shape.

Here's a better reason - Amalgam has mercury in it, mercury is poison.

Here's another: My fillings were old anyway.

Here's another: can't beat price and quality in Thailand

I did this and was quite happy with the result (3 yrs) with these caveats:

Your teeth may be sensitive to heat and cold for a long time

The rear molar/s fillings may chip

I live in Pattaya but go all the way to BKK to Dental Hospital on #49 Suk. I love this place and no it's surely not cheapest.

I live on 18k a month but I never scrimp with my teeth. The people that know the value of a clean mouth and good teeth do and the others well - up to them.

Why bother? Because the gentleman cares about his appearance. Shudder to think what your mouth looks/smells like - must be Brittish thing. First thing people will judge you on is your face/body, next is teeth/smile. A great smile goes miles with women in Asia.

My parents taught me there was little more important than hygene and that you have one set of choppers to last you 75 years, do everything you can to keep them in top shape.

I live in Pattaya but go all the way to BKK to Dental Hospital on #49 Suk. I love this place and no it's surely not cheapest.

I live on 18k a month but I never scrimp with my teeth. The people that know the value of a clean mouth and good teeth do and the others well - up to them.

The OP asked for what's advisable without specifying exactly the subject of the advice, so I felt free to advise about the obvious.

“ . . . American Dental Association Council on Ethics, Bylaws, and Judicial Affairs concluded that "removal of amalgam restorations solely for the alleged purpose of removing toxic substances from the body, when such treatment is performed at the recommendation of the dentist, presents a question of fraud or quackery in all but an exceedingly limited spectrum of cases."

Read all about the fallacies and quackery behind the mercury amalgam filling scare here:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...cs/mercury.html

Now, if the OP lacks bottom and lower front teeth, so that when he smiles he must inevitably reveal the sillver fillings in his back teeth, then surely the first priority should be to do something about filling the gap.

Assuming, though, that his front teeth are not in fact missing, surely they have already been filled with white filling anyway. And if so then a normal smile would not reveal his back teeth. But even if a smile or a guffaw does so, still no one cares in the slightest whether those back teeth have silver fillings or not.

Now, I think Asian women don't routinely inspect the fillings in one's back teeth, but for the odd one who may do so, then gold fillings should prove infinitely more attractive and impressive than mere white fillings.

As far as the “old” issue goes, I think it unlikely that fillings somehow “expire” by a certain date. If so, then the dentist would provide you a little card with the expiration date for each particular filling. If a filling isn't cracked or worn beyond repair, then it's still good for yet more chewing, is it not?

Finally, there seems to no be evidence that silver fillings smell any worse or better than any other kind of filling.

Edited by JSixpack

Sorry but i got bored half way through reading that garble !!! ZZZZzzzzz

The OP asked for what's advisable without specifying exactly the subject of the advice, so I felt free to advise about the obvious.

“ . . . American Dental Association Council on Ethics, Bylaws, and Judicial Affairs concluded that "removal of amalgam restorations solely for the alleged purpose of removing toxic substances from the body, when such treatment is performed at the recommendation of the dentist, presents a question of fraud or quackery in all but an exceedingly limited spectrum of cases."

Read all about the fallacies and quackery behind the mercury amalgam filling scare here:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...cs/mercury.html

Now, if the OP lacks bottom and lower front teeth, so that when he smiles he must inevitably reveal the sillver fillings in his back teeth, then surely the first priority should be to do something about filling the gap.

Assuming, though, that his front teeth are not in fact missing, surely they have already been filled with white filling anyway. And if so then a normal smile would not reveal his back teeth. But even if a smile or a guffaw does so, still no one cares in the slightest whether those back teeth have silver fillings or not.

Now, I think Asian women don't routinely inspect the fillings in one's back teeth, but for the odd one who may do so, then gold fillings should prove infinitely more attractive and impressive than mere white fillings.

As far as the “old” issue goes, I think it unlikely that fillings somehow “expire” by a certain date. If so, then the dentist would provide you a little card with the expiration date for each particular filling. If a filling isn't cracked or worn beyond repair, then it's still good for yet more chewing, is it not?

Finally, there seems to no be evidence that silver fillings smell any worse or better than any other kind of filling.