What Gives?

Gonzo the Face

Does anybody know what the rules are for the Thai Gov't Lottery? It seems for the past month or two that the individual sellers have gotten together and , on their own, raised the selling price of the tickets.

I thought this was set by the gov't. Seems like this is tried every year or two and then goes back to the norm.

While we are at it...... anyone in CM pick up a lottery tic in the USA Mega Lottery It is now up to the largest amount in US History......$550,000,000.

If I win.... its free drinks for every TV Member.....

..... that ID's themselves and tells their TV screen name.,,,drunk.gifjerk.gif

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there is no restriction saying only US citzs but I do see that there is a requirement that you have a valid US Checking account and either be a land owner or have a valid USA address.

Its a bit strange because there are a good number of US States in this pool and each state seems to have a little different set of req's///// maybe???? But if you look on line for any of the bigger US newspapers you will no doubt see the story on front page.... [ like USA Today ] You can then Google up the lottery game and see the requirements.

If someplace is able to do 'online' , heavens its worth the flutter. Good Luck in your search and if you win..... you buy the drinks...... at my place of course...

G

G

Hi john. Yeah I was looking at that mega lotto ....how do we play that from here?

I do know that you can pay by CC for either a 6 month or 12 month program. They have two drawings per week and I am sure the requirements for a valid checking account and verifiable address will still apply....

Or the other method...... if you have a helpful and trusted friend or relative.

G

Which may also bring up the question.......IF YOU would win this lottery, what would you do with the money????

I just know that there are some on this forum who may say something like " I would buy Loi Kroi from the city and turn it into a Street Walker Walking Street " whistling.giflicklips.gif Just a little pun pun there, just joking..... but with big big discounts to TV Members

I'm pretty sure there is no restriction saying only US citzs but I do see that there is a requirement that you have a valid US Checking account and either be a land owner or have a valid USA address.

Its a bit strange because there are a good number of US States in this pool and each state seems to have a little different set of req's///// maybe???? But if you look on line for any of the bigger US newspapers you will no doubt see the story on front page.... [ like USA Today ] You can then Google up the lottery game and see the requirements.

If someplace is able to do 'online' , heavens its worth the flutter. Good Luck in your search and if you win..... you buy the drinks...... at my place of course...

G

G

Have you a prejudice towards non drinkers.

wow 550million. is it open for non us citizen. anywhere i could purchase online?

How much is the tax.....if it's too much I'm not playing! huh.png

If you take the money all in one swoop then it's 50% tax. If you take the annual payment over 25 years time option, then it maybe a little less than 50%. State and Federal tax must be paid.

wow 550million. is it open for non us citizen. anywhere i could purchase online?

How much is the tax.....if it's too much I'm not playing! huh.png

If you take the money all in one swoop then it's 50% tax. If you take the annual payment over 25 years time option, then it maybe a little less than 50%. State and Federal tax must be paid.

Hmmmm, forget it then. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Its not like the European ones you have to be a us resident not citizen. Green card holder f1 j etc visas will suffice if you have been residing over a year.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I am a resident of Thailand but I do hold a US passport and home address would that qualify me. And no it is not a PO box or forwarding company it is my sister's house where all my US mail goes.

Edited by hellodolly

What's up? with that generic, non-descriptive title and sub-title? Do you get more views that way?

Good luck with the lotto. I could always use a free drink from a happy landlord.

Stop being mean to our gonzo, you bully. He is one of the nice guys on Thai visa. So watchit, or I`ll send round admin to sort you out. Mind you, if gonzo was to win $550,000,000 and all he would buy us is a rotten stingy drink, that is definately a minus against him in my book.

All I know is, that I don`t trust the lottery so-called system here.

As a stinking farang, I have no idea what would happen if I hit the jackpot or a substancial amount of money?

I am wondering if there are any Thai visa members here that have struck it lucky and won big time on the Thai lottery and whether or not they had any problems claiming the prize?

Edited by Beetlejuice

What's up? with that generic, non-descriptive title and sub-title? Do you get more views that way?

Good luck with the lotto. I could always use a free drink from a happy landlord.

Stop being mean to our gonzo, you bully. He is one of the nice guys on Thai visa. So watchit, or I`ll send round admin to sort you out. Mind you, if gonzo was to win $550,000,000 and all he would buy us is a rotten stingy drink, that is definately a minus against him in my book.

All I know is, that I don`t trust the lottery so-called system here.

As a stinking farang, I have no idea what would happen if I hit the jackpot or a substancial amount of money?

I am wondering if there are any Thai visa members here that have struck it lucky and won big time on the Thai lottery and whether or not they had any problems claiming the prize?

Yep. If he won I am sure he would double his TV discount to 20%.....

Won big time? The maximum prize is only 4m baht? hardly life changing.

I have heard lots of stories about Thais winning the lottery. They tell me, with much excitment , but it will only be a smallish amount and often less that what they spent on the initial outlay for buying the tickets. Just something to keep them hooked.

Khun GonzoTheFace, blurbled:

"If I win.... its free drinks for every TV Member....."
"If I win.... its free drinks free Honda PCX's, with Louis Vuitton accessories, and a bottle of Verve Clickout (Verve Clickout is the Thai clone of Veuve Clicquot, secretly made off-the-books by an "unseen hand" who is a very famous maker of Thailand's, and the world's, most popuar meth-in-liquid-form energy-drink) for every TV Member....."

fixed that for you. best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Well I guess all this goes to prove that " money talks" and more proof that bigger money talks more and louder.

All the response is nice but what about the original ? ? Is the Thai Gov't raising the prices of the Thai Lotto tics or is it the industriousness of the ticket sellers trying to squeeze out a few more baht.

I have found that they try and get the increased prices [ 5, 10, baht] and insist on it ..... Then it seems that the next month, after having many refusals during the previous month, they revert back to the norm. This norm seems to generally be 100 baht... Comments???

..... and regarding if I win the big Mega Millions, how about if, instead of buying all TV'ers a drink, I go back, the past couple years, and refund to all TV Members who ID themselves, all the baht they have spent at The Pun Pun

tongue.png

Bought a few mega millions tickets before I fly out on Monday. It would be nice to be looking at getting a nice pent house rather than renting an apartment...

Are you saying that if you won that amount of money, you'd be looking for a penthouse in Chiang Mai or are you referring to somewhere in the world with a bit of class?

... snip ... Are you saying that if you won that amount of money, you'd be looking for a penthouse in Chiang Mai or are you referring to somewhere in the world with a bit of class?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Uptheos,

Are you saying we ain't got class here ?

I think we got ... among the farang ... hi-so's and lo-so's, gutter-snipes to far-beyond-the-madding-crowd-aristos, plebs and capite censi, scum-of-the-earth to salt-of--the-earth.

And we got classes in language schools for farangs in three flavors: straight-up, bogus and ersatz smile.png

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37