Temporarily Leaving The Country On A Non B (Work Permit)

Hi, wondering about my visa, any help much appreciated.

I currently have a Non-Immigrant B visa and work permit and I'd like to leave Thailand for about a week. Can I just leave and reenter on the same visa since it's valid for another couple of months or do I need to re do the visa on return?

Thanks!

It depends on what you actually have. Do you have a valid multiple non-B visa or a single non-B visa or or you o an extension of stay from immigration in Thailand.

Only if you hold a valid multiple non-B visa can you just leave. in all other cases you need to ge a re-entry permit before you leave, at a cost of 1,000 baht OR get a new visa before you return.

• 2 months later...

It depends on what you actually have. Do you have a valid multiple non-B visa or a single non-B visa or or you o an extension of stay from immigration in Thailand.

Only if you hold a valid multiple non-B visa can you just leave. in all other cases you need to ge a re-entry permit before you leave, at a cost of 1,000 baht OR get a new visa before you return.

If I need to leave to indo for 5 days and I am on a single non-b (currently waiting to apply for my work permit), am I still eligible to get a re-entry permit??

If I need to leave to indo for 5 days and I am on a single non-b (currently waiting to apply for my work permit), am I still eligible to get a re-entry permit??

Yes you can get one at your local office. It has nothing to do with waiting for your WP.

Yes but your new permitted to stay date will be the same as you currently have so return will have to be before that date to make use of it. So it would fit a short trip out and return if early in the stay period but "waiting to apply for work permit" is very vague.

Thanks Beano, I will do that!

Lopburi, we have just started up our company and getting everything in order with accountants & lawyers etc before we can proceed to that stage, so thats the reason why im waiting to apply for WP. Its a bit of a confusing situation, but we should be applying in the next 2 weeks....But I might need to leave for 5 days on this Sunday which is short, my non-b ends in August.

Thanks for the comments guys much appreciated!

Yes you can get one at your local office. It has nothing to do with waiting for your WP.

Is it possible to get the re-entry stamp at swampy?

Yes you can get re-entry permit at swampy. Desk is located just before departure immigration. Be sure you have photo and to save a little time copies of passport photo page, visa page, entry/permit to stay stamps and TM6 departure card. Having a completed TM8 application form (http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm8.pdf) would help also. But still allow extra time when departing for getting permit.