Pajero Sport View Questions

NieTan

I just bought the 2012 quartz brown 4WD PJS. But I was wondering is there any pajero sport dakar in thailand? because when I ask about dakar version to the seller, they told me that mine is the top version. and also where I can buy the honey comb grill and other accessories for PJS in bangkok?

tian28, I saw some Pajero Sports on a recent visit to Jakarta with the honey comb grill, sunroof and disc rear brakes. Not sure if this is the Dakar model you referred to but the grill looked very similar to the one in the Triton Plus in Thailand. The Triton has different headlights so I wonder if the grill is the same part.

Pity we don't get those rear disc brakes like Indonesia and Australia.

Check with Runstop and see if they have or are developing a rear conversion kit.

they have...

@Jitar: Yes, That is Dakar version in Indonesia. I'm Indonesian live in Thailand. That's y I'm looking for this version here. But when I mention it to the seller, They don't get what I mean.

well, May I know where is runstop?

I had their rear disc conversion kit (as well as their front disc upgrade) done on my MU-7 following Unique2's lead. Now, I take drive those mountain roads with confidence.

You can contact [email protected] to get the best personal service.

Their website and address is:

www.runstopbj.com

B.J. MOTOR PARTS CO.,LTD.

383/141-2 Vorajark Center Chakaphatdiphong Rd,

Pomprab Bangkok 10100 Thailand

Tel: +662-224-6580-2 Fax: +662-621-7514

• Like 1

The runstopbj site has stopped working (at least for me).....

....you have to click to the 'Click here to skip this ad' link that is in small print on the lower right side, just below the picture.

Nope. No add to skip. I just get 404 error not found or DNS error? Think I will try again when on another connection.

thailoht When you upgraded your brakes, did you change both front and rear ?

Was the improvement mostly braking feel, fade resistance or stopping distance ?

The runstopbj site has stopped working (at least for me).....

....you have to click to the 'Click here to skip this ad' link that is in small print on the lower right side, just below the picture.

Nope. No add to skip. I just get 404 error not found or DNS error? Think I will try again when on another connection.

thailoht When you upgraded your brakes, did you change both front and rear ?

Was the improvement mostly braking feel, fade resistance or stopping distance ?

.....hopefully a better connection will fix that.

As for the brakes, the MU-7, on paper technically lags behind the Pajero and Fortuner, (thanx MRO, Katabeachbum and others).

It is delivered with undersized wheels and tires and small 240mm front disc rotors. I like its larger, cozier interior and the higher power potential and longevity of its engine.

With that said, as soon as I collected my new MU-7 from the dealer, I drove to have the mechanical upgrades done: I did the rear brake conversion first because they had not finished machining the front disc rotors for my new model of MU-7. The rear brakes come with slotted discs and 4-pot - (2) calipers per wheel - calipers. The look nice. Driving with only the rear disc upgrade really took the braking system to a new level. You barely have to touch the brake pedal in order to start the brakes to engage. Now, with the addition of 320mm slotted front disc-rotors, that matches the size of the newly installed rear discs, the system is complete. I believe Unique2 and others installed larger 355mm and 380mm disc-rotors plus new 4-pot calipers to their front brakes. Since I had the advantage of driving with only the rear discs before having the front brake work done, I learned the rear disc upgrade in itself was enough braking power and I didn't need to 'go to the max' on a front upgrade. In fact, you can customize the brake upgrade to your preference: Before having the brake work done, I talked to other MU-7/ truck guys who added 20" wheels and upgraded their brakes. One guy swears by a front 330mm disc-rotor only upgrade. Another guy said his front disc-rotor and 4-pot caliper upgrade allows him 'to stop and stand his rear end straight up'! Some say you really don't need rear discs but I personally like to have newer technology, plus discs are better than drum brakes.

I also completed the MU-7 upgrade by adding a nice set of customized Gooru shock absorbers and a set of 20" Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires and added a Racechip engine booster.

My SUV now rides and handle nice!

From Runstop:

It is also available at our factory and at other 80 partner shops in Bangkok & 70 partner shops throughout Thailand. You can call us at 02-224-6580-2 to check which shop is near to you.

I also completed the MU-7 upgrade by adding a nice set of customized Gooru shock absorbers and a set of 20" Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires and added a Racechip engine booster.

I added the HTC Speedway ECU Converter and had the delivery to the injectors modified so will never get the Check Engine Light. The HTC has 3 dials rather than the 2 standard - I have to get my Thai friend to converse with them as I'm a bit fuzzy on all aspects.

Didn't change the shocks - how's she riding?

I added the HTC Speedway ECU Converter and had the delivery to the injectors modified so will never get the Check Engine Light. The HTC has 3 dials rather than the 2 standard - I have to get my Thai friend to converse with them as I'm a bit fuzzy on all aspects.

The ride is good.......thanx again for sharing the info that made it all possible!

Aren't you concerned about your HTC Speedway ECU Converter connections being noticed during warranty service calls and voiding your engine's warranty?

The ride is good.......thanx again for sharing the info that made it all possible!

Aren't you concerned about your HTC Speedway ECU Converter connections being noticed during warranty service calls and voiding your engine's warranty?

It was fitted with that in mind - I remove it for the service - twice so far

• 6 years later...

Thinking to get myself second hand Pajero 2.4. Anybody can tell me what kind of diesel should i use for Pajero (i think the car was purchased about 5-6 years ago, i dont know the exact model but the current owner was asking for less than a million baht)?

I checked at PTT Station, there are Ultraforce Diesel at THB 27 per litre and Ultraforce Pemium Diesel at THB 30.89 per litre as of March 2019. Also there are other alternative such as Gasohol 91, 95, E20, and E85 (cheapest)

By your estimation, how far can this car go for a litre of diesel? (not sure if i can fill gasohol E85 or not). Let say i'll drive this car from Bangkok to ChiangMai at the speed of 80-120kmh, how much do you estimate i need to pay for diesel along the way? 1500 baht? 2000? 3000? How many stops do i need to make to refill the tank?

Do you have any specific suggestion about oil machine if i ever need to change the current oil.?

Sorry for such amateur question. Never own Pajero before.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, arfandy said:

Thinking to get myself second hand Pajero 2.4. Anybody can tell me what kind of diesel should i use for Pajero (i think the car was purchased about 5-6 years ago, i dont know the exact model but the current owner was asking for less than a million baht)?

I checked at PTT Station, there are Ultraforce Diesel at THB 27 per litre and Ultraforce Pemium Diesel at THB 30.89 per litre as of March 2019. Also there are other alternative such as Gasohol 91, 95, E20, and E85 (cheapest)

By your estimation, how far can this car go for a litre of diesel? (not sure if i can fill gasohol E85 or not). Let say i'll drive this car from Bangkok to ChiangMai at the speed of 80-120kmh, how much do you estimate i need to pay for diesel along the way? 1500 baht? 2000? 3000? How many stops do i need to make to refill the tank?

Do you have any specific suggestion about oil machine if i ever need to change the current oil.?

I your case Google is your friend....Oh, don't put petrol blends in a diesel...????

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 1:53 PM, arfandy said:

1. Pajero 2.4 of 5 or 6 years ago is probably going to be the gasoline version.

2. Pajero 2.4 of 2 -3 years ago is the diesel version. 

Check first what car you are going to buy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

1. Pajero 2.4 of 5 or 6 years ago is probably going to be the gasoline version.

2. Pajero 2.4 of 2 -3 years ago is the diesel version. 

Check first what car you are going to buy.

Out of curiosity wasn't the PJS 3.0 v6 the only one on Gasoline ?? And the rest Diesel ??

Edit: But when you buy the car and you open the tank to fill her up, you  clearly should see a sticker Diesel / Petrol. And if you are still not sure send an email to Mitsubishi Call Centre with the VIN number and they will tell you !

Edited by MJCM

18 hours ago, MJCM said:

Out of curiosity wasn't the PJS 3.0 v6 the only one on Gasoline ?? And the rest Diesel ??

Edit: But when you buy the car and you open the tank to fill her up, you  clearly should see a sticker Diesel / Petrol. And if you are still not sure send an email to Mitsubishi Call Centre with the VIN number and they will tell you !

Nah, there actually was a 2.4 liter gasoline version called the PJS 2.4 GLS, but came only with a MT I believe...

• Thanks 1