Fishing Around On Nut Area

andyrichards

Just head towards Bang na Intersection then take a right turn to srinakrin road, Turn left to Theparak and there are about 6 fishing ponds not far from each other. Best time to get there is in the morning as they tend to get filled up very quickly during the weekends.

There's one particular that I love going to, click on the link to see....

http://bangkokhooker-fishing.com/fishing-ponds/sakuna-where-the-grass-is-always-green/

http://www.tuugo.in.th/Companies/sakuna-fishing-park/0290002792536

There's another one for sport fishing and its known as Bung Samran, check in google....again not far from On Nut

Enjoy and have fun.

If you're looking for fishing holes around On Nut, there are at least 3 pay ponds just off On Nut Soi 77 that only locals go. Ponds are smallish and usually smaller catfish up to 5 kgs. Cost to fish is B100 per day with your own rod. Great sport on light tackle with 15 lb lines. Also not so easy to catch, so some patience is needed.

You enter Soi 77 from On Nut BTS side, and about 1.5km to 2km turn left into Soi On Nut 17. You will cross the river, and come to a T-junction at a little village. Take the right fork and proceed straight and you'll see a couple of smallish pond on the right. Continue going and you'll come to a piece of really desolate empty land, and you'll see another pond on the left. This L-shaped pond is larger and better run. Too far to walk, best with your own bike. Most cab drivers do not know these places, but if you take a motosai taxi from On Nut BTS they can take you there.

Sadly I did not take a business card nor have the exact directions/locations.

Try checking out the TV's Fishing Forum more more fishing info.

Happy fishing.

There is a fishing park near the end of unnut soi 17 called buengajao, Only striped catfish and the bait is bread, I,m not sure if rods are available for rent but light gear with a 20lb line will do, cost for the day last time i checked was 35bht,

The beer is cold and the food is good,

I,m out of town at the moment but if you need more info i can send a kmz file when i get back.

There is a fishing park near the end of unnut soi 17 called buengajao, Only striped catfish and the bait is bread, I,m not sure if rods are available for rent but light gear with a 20lb line will do, cost for the day last time i checked was 35bht,

The beer is cold and the food is good,

I,m out of town at the moment but if you need more info i can send a kmz file when i get back.

Yes, you refreshed my memory. It is called Bangachow (sp?) and is at the end of the dirt track. The other two smaller ponds are along the dirt track to Bungachow.