Rented Motorcycle ... But No Visible Licence

chi11ax

Hi there!

I rented a scooter and there is no visible licence plates. The sticker and plate are inside the seat compartment.

Is there going to be a problem? So far only drove it at night so I guess no one could notice. They said just open the seat compartment to show the cops if I get pulled over. Well, getting pulled over would be a pain.

Is that normal though? I don't see any motorcycles/scooters with no licence plates.

• 3 weeks later...

its not unusual to keep tax and insurance under the seat,

if it was a new bike or just moved from another province they will sometimes have no number plate issued for 2-3 weeks

one plus is the police can not issue a ticket to a bike with no number plate ,ive seen cases near the night market where 4 bikes have tickets and the only one with no ticket was without a number plate

one plus is the police can not issue a ticket to a bike with no number plate ,ive seen cases near the night market where 4 bikes have tickets and the only one with no ticket was without a number plate

Hahaha maybe this is why they did it.

its not unusual to keep tax and insurance under the seat,

if it was a new bike or just moved from another province they will sometimes have no number plate issued for 2-3 weeks

Dont think could fit a late under most seats.....contrary to posts saying you wont get a ticket....you could possibly have the bike confscated until documentation of proof is provided. If not having a plate meant you never got a ticket, everybody would take the plate off.