Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

So 60 days is 60 working days, so 12 weeks for 79% of decisions made in March? A bit short of their 95% target.

So 18 weeks for 98% of decisions in March and 120 days being their catch-all 24 week period.

Doesn't sound too great unless you're in the 79%.

58 decisions v 24 in January I think is an improvement

It just means more applications made not better processing results. Therefore, as said before. No particular improvements.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

58 decisions v 24 in January I think is an improvement

It just means more applications made not better processing results. Therefore, as said before. No particular improvements.

Considering there is a huge backlog numbering 100s, demonstrated by people here with stories of 4 month waits, the current results are for people who handed in months ago. Improvements in processing numbers take time to filter through.

If they more than double the amount of visas they process, this will eventually filter through, unless of course current applications have increased to the same number.

Contrary to your post, there is no way you could know if more applications are being received compared to before.

Ill therefore take it as a positive, you can do what you please thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like doubling the amount processed per month has had a big improvement in waiting times.

Just got word we have a decision and not even 40 days have passed! Fingers crossed its the right one! 

looks abit ominous. But good luck

• Like 1

looks abit ominous.

Why? They are seen in order they are received and it takes the ECO exactly the same amount of time to approve a kosher application as to fail a dodgy one.

Just as you can't know there is more people applying from their results page, you can't guess the result of an application by it's processing time.

Good luck with yours as well btw!

Just had e-mail saying we have a decision. This is also less than 40 days. Before i said maybe less than 40 days looked ominous, it just seems mega soon. We have friends who have recently been refused and this decesion was made under 10 weeks and when reading this forum everyone else seems to be asked for documents and decision made around the 12 week mark. I was not asked for any further bank statements or pay slips either. I am well and truly bricking it now.

We applied on the 10th May after faffing around with getting all the paperwork together (and some changes i made as i felt some of the documentation was a bit weak - so waited for originals to be sent etc etc)

We were advised the waiting list is currently *up to* 15 weeks. I hope i get a similar 40day decision otherwise this is going to be the longest 4 months of my life!

Just got word we have a decision and not even 40 days have passed!

Just had e-mail saying we have a decision. This is also less than 40 days.

Best of luck guys. Squeaky bum time all round! Are you both saying less than 40 days as in 8 (working) weeks, as opposed to even less?

Either way it looks like processing tines are improving dramatically. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

looks abit ominous.

Luckily for me your theory regarding success v time taken is as senseless as your logic regarding processing rates thumbsup.gif

2 visas just arrived in post, on the Mrs birthday for good measure!

My wife is being induced tomorrow for our first baby which should really round off a great week smile.png

Theyll be a few Leos drunk tonight!!

Good luck to all those still waiting, over and out wai2.gif

Edited by tullynagardy
  • Like 1

looks abit ominous. 

Luckily for me your theory regarding success v time taken is as senseless as your logic regarding processing rates Posted Image

My wife is being induced tomorrow for our first baby which should really round off a great week Posted Image

Good luck to all those still waiting, over and out Posted Image

Congratulations, i'm glad ny pessimism was wrong.

It was just so fast and everyone else seems to be 12 weeks and the only decisions short of 12 weeks.

Congratulations again.

Fingers crossed for me now and good luck to everyone else.

• Like 1

It's a real pain. I don't actually think they do any work at the embassy,they seem to have more days off! Did anyone go through a visa agency or submit the visa by themselves??

I actually used a visa company myself and it only took 2 weeks notification by phone text from the British embassy, but this was 4 yrs ago so I expect visa regs have changed a lot since then

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

looks abit ominous.

Luckily for me your theory regarding success v time taken is as senseless as your logic regarding processing rates thumbsup.gif

My wife is being induced tomorrow for our first baby which should really round off a great week smile.png

Good luck to all those still waiting, over and out wai2.gif

Congratulations, i'm glad ny pessimism was wrong.

It was just so fast and everyone else seems to be 12 weeks and the only decisions short of 12 weeks.

Congratulations again.

Fingers crossed for me now and good luck to everyone else.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Visa passed. All done in under 8 weeks. I'm doing cartwheels now.......ouch me back:wacko:

just seeing this, well done.

For others still waiting the wait time has gone down dramatically smile.png

• Like 1