Thailand Needs Cricket

Where have you all gone?

I am wearing my box...ready to come in at number ten...standing at the crease....not a medium paced bowler in sight!

There is still light up here...a good half hour at least. Umpire!!

Yeah......Maybe the umpire...,,,,,,is having a little shut eye. wink.png

Thanks for keeping the scoreboard ticking over guys

No problems boss thumbsup.gif .........if you think my batting is up to scratch sad.png , let me know and I will pull the pads on. biggrin.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where have you all gone?

I am wearing my box...ready to come in at number ten...standing at the crease....not a medium paced bowler in sight!

Sorry to see that you are boxed up and ready at number 10 but, there are no medium paced bowlers in sight.wink.png

Have been looking, but these Thai cricketers seem to be in short supply.smile.png

I willllllll keep looking.thumbsup.gif

Have ask the drink boy to arrange something wet and cool for you whistling.gif or will iced water be OK.rolleyes.gif

Plopmeister my dear man or should I say "Assistant".

I notice that you are having some trouble with you friendly Immig. office, so I am doing to offer you, My assistant, some assistance...OK thumbsup.gif

What I will suggest is this, My assistant. Call a cricket match between your Immig. office and our team. smile.png

When your Immig. office can see the assistance that out team is giving our noble assistant cheer squad coach, then this " assistance" will rub off on to them an therefore, you will have no more problems receiving assistance.......savvy....rolleyes.gif

if not, then maybe one of our other team members can explain and put you in touch

with an Immigration Assistant who is willing to assist. Good luck. thumbsup.gif

PS..... if this works, then we have found another reason why, " Thailand needs cricket",clap2.gif

Edited by kevjohn

OK Guys

Seams to me as this is becoming a one man cricket team.sad.png

Hey I know I'm good but......have you guys tried to bat, bowl and field all at the same time.

On top of that, cover drinks, oranges and motivating the cheer squad, eh

And what do I do when it comes time for me to go to the loo? ermm.gif

Please, pleasee, pleaseeeee

OK Guys

Hey I know I'm good but......have you guys tried to bat, bowl and field all at the same time.

every team needs an all-rounder

OK Guys

I think you raise a good point though, which is that cricket forces one to do things that are not necessarily within one's comfort zone... let me think how to articulate that point properly so that it can be added to my list

Where have you all gone?

Sorry to see that you are boxed up and ready at number 10 but, there are no medium paced bowlers in sight.wink.png

Have been looking, but these Thai cricketers seem to be in short supply.smile.png

Have ask the drink boy to arrange something wet and cool for you whistling.gif or will iced water be OK.rolleyes.gif

I'm a novice at this game so...whatever you feel will best improve my performance. biggrin.png

As anyone who participates in, or has an appreciation of, cricket is aware, there are times when a bowler must bat, a batsman must bowl or the 12th man has to stand in the slips. Such situations engender a flexibility upon cricketers, and its followers, that can serve them well in other (non-cricket match related) aspects of life. Essentially, those who follow cricket are more inclined and willing to take on responsibilities, and perform tasks, that fall outside of their comfort zone.

It is clear to me, from personal observation of real life, Thai television and this forum, that many (well-educated) Thai people are unwilling to do certain tasks that fall outside of their comfort zone. The low cost of domestic staff has allowed this issue to remain manageable thus far. However, with rising labour costs, it is inevitable that the unwillingness of the educated class to perform menial tasks will one day lead a breakdown in society. For example, not washing the dishes will cause ant invasions (and eventually lead to the ants taking over the country).

To avoid such a doomsday scenario, Thailand Needs Cricket.

While drafting the previous post it became apparent to me that we should also consider cricket's potential for solving future problems in Thailand, as well as existing problems in Thailand.

What do people think are the major problems likely to face Thailand in the future?

OK Guys

I think you raise a good point though, which is that cricket forces one to do things that are not necessarily within one's comfort zone... let me think how to articulate that point properly so that it can be added to my list

Boy...am I relieved to see some one...smile.png It was starting to get a real pain, holding on, if you know what i mean...thumbsup.gif

But I must ask

Is this match a 20/20......or a one daya......or an Internation? ermm.gif

We started on the 11th and it is now the 17th, and useing my mathamatics sorry, mathematics......who said i can't speel l

I estimate that to be 7 days, but then again, do we have to make up for "Time Out"

I know I had the day off yesterday but....but......I've been on my own today..up untill now.whistling.gif

edit to add ps

ps you guys can certainly type fast....clap2.gif

Edited by kevjohn

While drafting the previous post it became apparent to me that we should also consider cricket's potential for solving future problems in Thailand, as well as existing problems in Thailand.

What do people think are the major problems likely to face Thailand in the future?

If you can believe what you read on Thaivisa, the biggest, and I do mean biggest ....... worry for Thailand, is all the expats coming here and buying up all of Thailand.sad.png

Phew......am I glad my wife had some land.smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

As anyone who participates in, or has an appreciation of, cricket is aware, there are times when a bowler must bat, a batsman must bowl or the 12th man has to stand in the slips. Such situations engender a flexibility upon cricketers, and its followers, that can serve them well in other (non-cricket match related) aspects of life. Essentially, those who follow cricket are more inclined and willing to take on responsibilities, and perform tasks, that fall outside of their comfort zone.

It is clear to me, from personal observation of real life, Thai television and this forum, that many (well-educated) Thai people are unwilling to do certain tasks that fall outside of their comfort zone. The low cost of domestic staff has allowed this issue to remain manageable thus far. However, with rising labour costs, it is inevitable that the unwillingness of the educated class to perform menial tasks will one day lead a breakdown in society. For example, not washing the dishes will cause ant invasions (and eventually lead to the ants taking over the country).

To avoid such a doomsday scenario, Thailand Needs Cricket.

I can understand you comment re ants so I will ask the son in law to get right on to organising his first game.thumbsup.gif

Just need someone in Korat to teach him the fundamentals...any helpers? smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

If you can believe what you read on Thaivisa, the biggest, and I do mean biggest ....... worry for Thailand is all the expats coming here and buying up all of Thailand.sad.png

Such a statement has the potential to lead this thread far off topic (in the much less interesting direction of the vagaries of Thai property law...)

If anyone would like to explain to kevjohn that it is possible for foreigners to buy land here (subject to the usual one-million caveats and conditions) please contact him via PM

If you can believe what you read on Thaivisa, the biggest, and I do mean biggest ....... worry for Thailand is all the expats coming here and buying up all of Thailand.sad.png

Such a statement has the potential to lead this thread far off topic (in the much less interesting direction of the vagaries of Thai property law...)

If anyone would like to explain to kevjohn that it is possible for foreigners to buy land here (subject to the usual one-million caveats and conditions) please contact him via PM

Nah........don't worry guys....I don't want to own any Thai land.....rather have me money.whistling.gif

That way, the grand kids can thank Pop for financing their expensive life style...clap2.gif

Nah........don't worry guys....I don't want to own any Thai land.....rather have me money.whistling.gif

That way, the grand kids can thank Pop for financing their expensive life style...clap2.gif

I wonder why I said that.

"expensive life style" What does that have to do with cricket.........I no....no need to tell me...biggrin.png

Boy...am I relieved to see some one...smile.png It was starting to get a real pain, holding on, if you know what i mean...thumbsup.gif

But I must ask

Is this match a 20/20......or a one daya......or an Internation? ermm.gif

We started on the 11th and it is now the 17th, and useing my mathamatics sorry, mathematics......who said i can't speel l

I estimate that to be 7 days, but then again, do we have to make up for "Time Out"

I know I had the day off yesterday but....but......I've been on my own today..up untill now.whistling.gif

edit to add ps

ps you guys can certainly type fast....clap2.gif

I had a couple of rest days tucked in there somewhere.

"expensive life style" What does that have to do with cricket.........I no....no need to tell me...biggrin.png

You raise a very good point though...cricket could well help to limit the young's frivolous spending habits (especially on items to enhance their image)... as any batsman will let you it doesn't how expensive your pads were, or how many trendy shapes have been cut into the back of your bat, if you don't watch the ball and keep your front elbow up, you will not score many runs

Where have you all gone?

I'm a novice at this game so...whatever you feel will best improve my performance. biggrin.png

Sorry to take so long to get back to you but no need to improve....Your already a top gun..thumbsup.gif

Going of topic, sorry brit1984, but I must ask "Are you that special poster, Rooo mentioned, who's forum name starts with "s"?

If you don't feel comfortable replying here, then I will understand.thumbsup.gif

Am a wee bit busy at the moment. Just thought I should plop my head into the dressing room...not cos I care..I just like the smell.....

Hey, I hope it smell better than your local Immigration office and don't worry... you don't need a work permit to play cricket.thumbsup.gif

You raise a very good point though...cricket could well help to limit the young's frivolous spending habits (especially on items to enhance their image)... as any batsman will let you it doesn't how expensive your pads were, or how many trendy shapes have been cut into the back of your bat, if you don't watch the ball and keep your front elbow up, you will not score many runs

In general, one's stay at the crease (metaphor for our time here on earth) is more enjoyable if one focuses on the basic principles of batting (or life) rather than trying to show-off (in both a cricketing and real-life sense)

In general, one's stay at the crease (metaphor for our time here on earth) is more enjoyable if one focuses on the basic principles of batting (or life) rather than trying to show-off (in both a cricketing and real-life sense)

Thank youwink.png .......Now I know and understand...wai.gif

Where have you all gone?

Sorry to take so long to get back to you but no need to improve....Your already a top gun..thumbsup.gif

Going of topic, sorry brit1984, but I must ask "Are you that special poster, Rooo mentioned, who's forum name starts with "s"?

If you don't feel comfortable replying here, then I will understand.thumbsup.gif

Rooo said screen name, not forum name, and I can confirm I am not "Sherminator" (Ian Bell), nor am I "Slow Death Bucknor"

trendy shapes that have been cut into the back of your back......Oh my mistake......You said "bat"sad.png

Am a wee bit busy at the moment. Just thought I should plop my head into the dressing room...not cos I care..I just like the smell.....

Do you remember the smell of Dencorub?

post-104736-0-26342300-1337230975_thumb.

I used to be a Prop Foward playing Rugby League and that was a smell I love and will never forget from the Dressing Rooms.

Best YouTube I could get ... not much choice, Greek I think

trendy shapes that have been cut into the back of your back......Oh my mistake......You said "bat"sad.png

Please try to concentrate; I don't want you to be caught by (the recently re-positioned) deep square-leg trying to slog an unexpected short delivery

Please try to concentrate; I don't want you to be caught by (the recently re-positioned) deep square-leg trying to slog an unexpected short delivery

I am trying.

Hey........no one has told me how long this game does for.ermm.gif