Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Badgers Play cricket. Seen them! Cross me heart and hope to die. They use Owls as umpires, foxgloves as stumps, small rodents as balls, and intricately gnawed oak sticks as bats. Of course they usually play underground

Badgers Play cricket. Seen them! Cross me heart and hope to die. They use Owls as umpires, foxgloves as stumps, small rodents as balls, and intricately gnawed oak sticks as bats. Of course they usually play underground

And when they have elevenses they eat Badger Milk Cheese Sandwiches,,,,,Macedonian of course.smile.png

I can't believe anyone remembers Roland Rat. I think he lived in King's Cross Station?.... and appeared on the ill fated TV-am?...must be a link between TV-am and TV??

Used to love Roland Rat and Kevin The Gerben

Yeaaaahhhhh thank you ratfans!

I miss my tv-am mornings and Timmy Mallett.

My pals Kevin and Erroll, ahhh the good old days!

Our Kevin is definitely not a rat. Though I must agree that where it comes to cricket it may well be that some from the rainy dull country that has to have rats on tv are. I will assure you that our Thailand needs Cricket (two knees) team will never ever serve greek badger cheese sandwitches for elevenses. It may be however that some of our local members may apreciated some grilled rat when we play at Ahudhaya.

Harry, Roland's best mate is Kevin The Gerbil

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Kevin is not a gerbil...I have met him in person and he is definitely a very human person. He is always welcome to come to ChiangRai with or without the Thailand Needs Cricket (two Knees) team.

• 11 months later...

Maybe the "Thailand Needs Cricket" team should head over to England and give the Aussies some in depth coaching

as they need to break a long standing record to win this first test.

Read here http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-11/ashes-first-test-day-three-australia-england/6612064?section=sport

Could also take the 2 knees cheer squad for some moral support.

Serious question ... Is there any cricket clubs in thailand ?

For a start, have a look here

http://www.bangkokcricketleague.com/

and if you are near Chiang Mai, there is this club

http://www.lannacricket.org/

If you need anymore information then just Google

"cricket clubs in thailand"

Hope this answers your question.

About time we fired up the tut tut and used our Two Knees Thailand Needs Cricket Team to show the way isn't it.

Agree Harrry.....that is what counteracts the slowness and boredom.......wink.png

• 9 months later...

as things have been quiet here for a long time how about adopting these rules,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trobriand_cricket

Other Trobriand changes to cricket include the following:

• The visiting team bats first
  • The bat and ball are not regular
  • Teams bowl alternately from each end of the pitch
  • Scoring varies considerably — for example, six runs are scored by a lost ball or by hitting the ball over a tree (compare to the standardboundary rules)
  • The umpire is from the batting side, and when sides change the umpire does as well
  • Rather than with the awarding of trophies, games conclude with a feast put on by the home team.

as things have been quiet here for a long time how about adopting these rules,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trobriand_cricket

Other Trobriand changes to cricket include the following:

• The visiting team bats first
  • The bat and ball are not regular
  • Teams bowl alternately from each end of the pitch
  • Scoring varies considerably — for example, six runs are scored by a lost ball or by hitting the ball over a tree (compare to the standardboundary rules)
  • The umpire is from the batting side, and when sides change the umpire does as well
  • Rather than with the awarding of trophies, games conclude with a feast put on by the home team.

I could play to these rules harrry.......that last one is interesting.

Edited by kevjohn

I like the one about the feast....by the way did you know the trobian women were all bare breasted when I went there about 40 years ago. Ideal for the cheer squad. They were really nice people too. Not sure now with more contact,

Edited by harrry