Thailand Needs Cricket

Any newcomers to the thread?

What are your thoughts?

Thailand Needs Cricket doesn't it?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I have been following you guys for some time...but just can't keep up.

To be honest I haven't read every post, but I can get the gist of what's going on......a regular good to and fro amongst some very funny and witty caught behinds, cover drives, lbw's and of course I am so embarrassed to mention......the underarm delivery.

But as far as Thailand needs cricket......at first I thought no...but after 2,375 posts...who am I to argue.

Bowl me a googly......I'll smash it for a six with my 3 wood! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your support for the thread and our noble cause

Please feel free to post any further relevant or irrelevant thoughts

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are your thoughts?

To be honest I haven't read every post, but I can get the gist of what's going on......a regular good to and fro amongst some very funny and witty caught behinds, cover drives, lbw's and of course I am so embarrassed to mention......the underarm delivery.

But as far as Thailand needs cricket......at first I thought no...but after 2,375 posts...who am I to argue.

Welcome aboard.....feel free to have your say.....we might appear mad..but don't worry ...we are

They say that you should never ask a question to which you do not already know the answer to ...

BTW ... congratulations to brit1984 (I would have bolded that member name in a longstanding tradition but I was warned today that it is not net etiquette ... so I formally and unequivocally apologise if any member here has taken offence by this seemingly innocuous action of mine) for being the most prolific poster today ... even beating any of the TVF staff and Mods with an outstanding 65 posts today accounting for 2.50% of the total number of posts made today on TVF.

Daylight was second.

Then came in Lite Beer limping home with a measly 55 posts ... smile.png

BTW .. kevjohn was 3rd with 46 posts over the past 24 hours, or 1.77% of the total number of posts.

OH ... I know you are desperate to know ... I came in 4th with a still impressive 41 and StreetCowboy was 5th with 37 posts.

Solid Batting line-up I dare say team ... wai.gif ... and we even got some Cricket talk done today!

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your support for the thread and our noble cause

Please feel free to post any further relevant or irrelevant thoughts

Hey Boss ....did ya notice that our new team member said we wont argue.....wink.png

What do yah say we have some fun, then we'll see if he's a good sport...clap2.gif

^^^ Apparently I used all my likes over in the General Forum on my thread entitled Thai Signs Make Me Tink Too Mutt.

Now I would have 'Hot Linked' that unashamed cross promotional Advertisement ... but I also got a 'tap on the shoulder' about that also.

Edited by David48

They say that you should never ask a question to which you do not already know the answer to ...

BTW ... congratulations to brit1984 (I would have bolded that member name in a longstanding tradition but I was warned today that it is not net etiquette ... so I formally and unequivocally apologise if any member here has taken offence by this seemingly innocuous action of mine) for being the most prolific poster today ... even beating any of the TVF staff and Mods with an outstanding 65 posts today accounting for 2.50% of the total number of posts made today on TVF.

Daylight was second.

BTW .. kevjohn was 3rd with 46 posts over the past 24 hours, or 1.77% of the total number of posts.

OH ... I know you are desperate to know ... I came in 4th with a still impressive 41 and StreetCowboy was 5th with 37 posts.

Solid Batting line-up I dare say team ... wai.gif ... and we even got some Cricket talk done today!

Don't forget Harry......he was only a little further down on 23.

Must have hit 3 6's a 4 and a single...see, they all add up......clap2.gif

Daylight was second.

You are making that up ... I knew the answer to my question before I even asked it!

OR ... do you have ADMIN rights that we would dream of .. a question that I don't know the answer to!

Edited by David48

Daylight was second.

You are making that up ... I knew the answer to my question before I even asked it!

OR ... do you have ADMIN rights that we would dream of .. a question that I don't know the answer to!

Eh...what question?.........O! t..h..a..t question......I don't know, do you?

I know one question that I will ask and also know the answer to.

Is it the same time, where you are, as it is where I am? 01:30am

almost bed time me think.

Agreed ... but your clock is a tad fast ... only 1.20 here.

Fun Dee Crup ...

But I didn't keep it a secret from you.....wink.png

Playing mind games now...

Very clever...

Don't just take the sledging...

Answer back with a riddle...

Make him angry...

He will drop it short...

Then you can flick it down to fine leg for another single

enough of this flicking down a fine leg.....where do you think you are....Pattaya?

Wow..as I mentioned before..you guys throw down some fast deliveries.

I just went for a peak over the boundary at a few spectators...when I came back..3rd drop was caught behind, 4th was run-out by his best mate..and here I am staring down the barrel of a snick off the inside edge (french cut?) balanced on my big toe of my outside left foot reaching with my right hand....hopefully for a coldie.

Can't keep up! blink.png

But I didn't keep it a secret from you.....wink.png

Playing mind games now...

Very clever...

Don't just take the sledging...

Answer back with a riddle...

Make him angry...

He will drop it short...

Then you can flick it down to fine leg for another single

enough of this flicking down a fine leg.....where do you think you are....Pattaya?

Did ya like that did ya........that was just for you.wink.png

Wow..as I mentioned before..you guys throw down some fast deliveries.

I just went for a peak over the boundary at a few spectators...when I came back..3rd drop was caught behind, 4th was run-out by his best mate..and here I am staring down the barrel of a snick off the inside edge (french cut?) balanced on my big toe of my outside left foot reaching with my right hand....hopefully for a coldie.

Can't keep up! blink.png

You will learn. I did. But it has taken me almost 65 years, I think....smile.png

"How's our run rate?" Harry. Have we hit the magic number yet?

KJ...you are going for the record I can see.....but it's like pads together, pads together..stand straight and true and it'll never get through!

You can do it.

BTW I'm on Thai time, my backyard has a bit of a slope to it and not quite the dimensions of the SCG...but will provide stumps and plenty of cheer.

KJ...you are going for the record I can see.....but it's like pads together, pads together..stand straight and true and it'll never get through!

You can do it.

BTW I'm on Thai time, my backyard has a bit of a slope to it and not quite the dimensions of the SCG...but will provide stumps and plenty of cheer.

Thought it was knees together and you won't get into too much trouble.....or is that what I told my daughter.

Well guys...have to call it a day. Back tomorrow all bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready for a full day at the crease.

So until then Good night morning.....wai.gif

You can do it.

These different time zones do make it hard difficult.

Your lucky...I'm in a unit with no back yard, so think of the problems I have practicing, but yes, I can do it...I think

Well guys...have to call it a day. Back tomorrow all bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready for a full day at the crease.

Sleep well and sweet dreams

Hope the bed bugs don't bite your knees

You can do it.

Thought it was knees together and you won't get into too much trouble.....or is that what I told my daughter.

I told the same thing to my 3 daughters and daughter in law, but still ended up with 8 grandkids Love em all...thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Thanks Boss.....and yes, I've sprayed the knees with the bed bud exterminator.......hey......this spell checks greate ...ermm.gif

Thanks Boss.....and yes, I've sprayed the knees with the bed bud exterminator.......hey......this spell checks greate ...ermm.gif

as long as the spray doesn't get the cheerleaders off.

What are your thoughts?

Welcome aboard.....feel free to have your say.....we might appear mad..but don't worry ...we are

Speak for yourself... or to yourself... but don't keep your thoughts to yourself... or from yourself even... post them here to us... and you will receive a reply from us... by the way, are you asleep yet... if so, I guess you will not reply... unless one of you is asleep and the other one is awake... or maybe you will reply when you wake up and you will have been asleep but you will both be awake when you read this so the answer will be yes but I am asking it now not tomorrow so the answer will no longer will be relevant to my question... we are not mad but some of us are except the sane ones like BookMan but I don't know whether he and the other non-mad ones are still with us so maybe we are now a different we to the we I was thinking of and so maybe we are mad because the new we only contains the mad ones from the old we that included mad and non mad-ones... etc

What are your thoughts?

Speak for yourself... or to yourself... but don't keep your thoughts to yourself... or from yourself even... post them here to us... and you will receive a reply from us... by the way, are you asleep yet... if so, I guess you will not reply... unless one of you is asleep and the other one is awake... or maybe you will reply when you wake up and you will have been asleep but you will both be awake when you read this so the answer will be yes but I am asking it now not tomorrow so the answer will no longer will be relevant to my question... we are not mad but some of us are except the sane ones like BookMan but I don't know whether he and the other non-mad ones are still with us so maybe we are now a different we to the we I was thinking of and so maybe we are mad because the new we only contains the mad ones from the old we that included mad and non mad-ones... etc

Only, a mad man, could write that and some one, more mad, than the writer could understand it.....Boss, I understood every word...I think....ermm.gifcheesy.gif