What Subscription To Choose For Mobile Phone In Thailand

Muggi1968

Hi

My mobile phone subscription is killing me....w00t.gif

(Bought simcard without subscription i mall )

I put in 50 Bath and get 12 days.......

After 12 days i have 48 Bath left but no days......

Then I must put in 50 Bath more. Now 98 Bath on subscription account, for next 12 days etc.

I only use my mobile phone a little and have it for sms and safty, in case I need to call for help from broken car or motorcycle in kanchanaburi.

Question

What company and subscription in thailand (I live in Kanchanaburi) do you recommend farang that do not use mobile phone often ?

Edited by Muggi1968

AIS is probably the best one to use, good coverage and I've never run out of days. You can call customer service & they will put you through to an English speaker who will advise you of the best plan for you.

I just extended my 1-2 Call prepaid plan for 30 days.

It cost me ฿30 for 30 additional days.

You can call *500*9# and the amount for 30 days will be deducted from your balance. To extend it for a longer time, at 30 days a pop, just keep re-calling this number.

I don't know what the maximum extension limit is. I've done it for 6 months before.

I have DTAC Post Paid, had it for years. It's now 59Baht/month plus tax which comes to 63.13Baht. No idea of how much/min but I very rarely go over the 59Baht.

Up until the last 'promotion' change the cost was considerably less. Of course my wifes phone bill is a little more.