How Did Thaivisa Help You?.......

theblether

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember how I stumbled across the site, most likely Googled something about Thailand and this place opened up.

Didn't get my head around it to start with but then read one day, a few years ago (you and me joined about the same time) about Duel Citizenship and the automatic rights of a child born to Thai and Australian parents.

Something like ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/347535-baby-on-thai-passport/

Just found it really helpful that specific information.

Probably started reading the Thai News here when I wasn't able to get a Thai English paper where I was staying.

Dove into the General Forum ... and it's all been downhill from there ... rolleyes.gif

I don't actually have a FaceBook account and there is enough enjoyment posting here.

What I do like with the majority of the posters here is that, most of the time, they play the ball and not the man.

We can fervently disagree on something (I really got hammered recently in the lady working in the UK for low, cash-in-hand wages), we can have a dust-up, shake hands afterwards and then it's drunk.gif

The old idiom of what goes on the field, stays on the field.

Plus I enjoy doing the Fish Farm thread with my Thai gf.

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

Edited by David48

I will just say the Samui Forum advertisers are wonderful....supplying us with lotsa food at our last party...all top quality and free of charge! thumbsup.gif

As for the Bangkok side of things I have a free beer or two waiting for me...biggrin.png

I will just say the Samui Forum advertisers are wonderful....supplying us with lotsa food at our last party...all top quality and free of charge! thumbsup.gif

As for the Bangkok side of things I have a free beer or two waiting for me...biggrin.png

Well that's a prime example......we can't underestimate the social side of Thaivisa thumbsup.gif

Yet beyond that....a member recently helped me with a flight booking as well....so I got the best deal on my ticket. thumbsup.gif

Wonderful stuff.

I have helped others too but enough about that....the exchange of information on the subforums is the strength of ThaiVisa. wink.png

Edited by smokie36

The guys in the visa section have been invaluable when it came to extensions etc. Spot on info.

On the other side of the coin reading some of the basket cases, know nothings, Thai "experts", knob ends and general shit stirrers on here TVF has validated my decision to limit the number of westerners I associate with to about 4 or 5.

Edited by mca

Yet beyond that....a member recently helped me with a hotel booking as well....so I got the best deal on my ticket. thumbsup.gif

Wonderful stuff.

I have helped others too but enough about that....the exchange of information on the subforums is the strength of ThaiVisa. wink.png

I totally agree, in my opinion Naam is an oustanding contributor to the business and finance thread. I lay you odds there are many members past and present that are thankful for his superb knowledge of all matters financial.

thai visa helps kill time while providing mild entertainment.

it also reminds me that my experience here is unique. thank heaven for that.

i feel this place is wasted on those who want to be here, and those waiting to die here.

i wish there were more who live and work here posting

The guys in the visa section have been invaluable when it came to extensions etc. Spot on info.

On the other side of the coin reading some of the basket cases, know nothings, Thai "experts", knob ends and general shit stirrers on here TVF has validated my decision to limit the number of westerners I associate with to about 4 or 5.

I think it's incredible that not only do we have the best experts on Thai visa law on this site, they can also offer advice on gaining visas to other countries. Once again quite superb wai.gif

i feel this place is wasted on those who want to be here, and those waiting to die here.

The more the merrier, and I see your point about wanting more people that live in Thailand posting, however an additional strength of Thaivisa is that it's a worldwide community........there are many enquiries from people who are needing advice to relocate, divorce law in third party countries etc etc.......and they get it!!

I don't remember how I stumbled across the site, most likely Googled something about Thailand and this place opened up.

Didn't get my head around it to start with but then read one day, a few years ago (you and me joined about the same time) about Duel Citizenship and the automatic rights of a child born to Thai and Australian parents.

Something like ... http://www.thaivisa....-thai-passport/

Just found it really helpful that specific information.

Probably started reading the Thai News here when I wasn't able to get a Thai English paper where I was staying.

Dove into the General Forum ... and it's all been downhill from there ... rolleyes.gif

I don't actually have a FaceBook account and there is enough enjoyment posting here.

What I do like with the majority of the posters here is that, most of the time, they play the ball and not the man.

We can fervently disagree on something (I really got hammered recently in the lady working in the UK for low, cash-in-hand wages), we can have a dust-up, shake hands afterwards and then it's drunk.gif

The old idiom of what goes on the field, stays on the field.

Plus I enjoy doing the Fish Farm thread with my Thai gf.

Want to know more about

A lot of people underestimate the collegiate aspect of Thaivisa, they don't realize that many people here are friends in real life, or have built up an online friendship over years. I totally agree, we can go to war on one topic, and be in total agreement in another a minute later with no malice following.

• Like 2

The more the merrier, and I see your point about wanting more people that live in Thailand posting, however an additional strength of Thaivisa is that it's a worldwide community........there are many enquiries from people who are needing advice to relocate, divorce law in third party countries etc etc.......and they get it!!

Plenty of advice from those who have...haven't, returning, left, and some who have been orbiting another planet as well.

All viewpoints are valid really.

• Like 1

A lot of people underestimate the collegiate aspect of Thaivisa, they don't realize that many people here are friends in real life, or have built up an online friendship over years. I totally agree, we can go to war on one topic, and be in total agreement in another a minute later with no malice following.

Absolutely true. The recent thread regarding the Thai lassie is a prime example. I'm sure some are now biting their tongues regarding that issue.

But there are no hard feelings....just needed to wise up there didn't you?

Yet beyond that....a member recently helped me with a hotel booking as well....so I got the best deal on my ticket. thumbsup.gif

Wonderful stuff.

I totally agree, in my opinion Naam is an oustanding contributor to the business and finance thread. I lay you odds there are many members past and present that are thankful for his superb knowledge of all matters financial.

Does anyone have theblether's email address. I think naam's hacked his account. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Wonderful stuff.

Does anyone have theblether's email address. I think naam's hacked his account. biggrin.png

Yes....I have his bank details too. tongue.png

One moment ...

What....are you thinking?.....or reaching for a sick bucket?......or possibly even a baseball bat to beat me with??? crying.gif

Apologies for taking my time ... infomilies037.gif

Nope ... I don't go to the theatre or a stage performance in Thailand often ... but when I see something I like and do attend, I like a front row seat.

It's all good ... sad015.gif

Want to know more about

Yet beyond that....a member recently helped me with a flight booking as well....so I got the best deal on my ticket. thumbsup.gif

Wonderful stuff.

+1

Now if only we could convince george to give us a few more Likes to brandish around ... I just ran out of my quota for the day.

Actually smokie36 ... I used most of them up on your recent thread ... agh ... I'm feeling a bit sick with all this touchy-feely stuff ... time go get myself back into some rough and tumble ... fighting012.gif

Want to know more about

Wonderful stuff.

I am hoping to receive a cheque in the post laugh.png

Anyway....how has TV helped me...again....I've met some lovely people...most are very different from their online personality....and in a positive sense.

I've often noticed that bitter rivals on the forum turn into fast friends when sitting at a table with a few cold beers. drunk.gif

• Like 1

Anyway....how has TV helped me...again....I've met some lovely people...most are very different from their online personality....and in a positive sense.

I've often noticed that bitter rivals on the forum turn into fast friends when sitting at a table with a few cold beers. drunk.gif

I've been to a few of the events as well.....I know what you mean. The posting melts into a pleasant evening very quickly....biggrin.png

Myself and Smokie are flying in at the end of July, we'll be in Chiang Mai, Samui and Bangkok........and we're looking forward to having a cold beer with anyone friend or foe!!! That's because we're Scottish and we just love drinking burp.gif

Myself and Smokie are flying in at the end of July, we'll be in Chiang Mai, Samui and Bangkok........and we're looking forward to having a cold beer with anyone friend or foe!!! That's because we're Scottish and we just love drinking burp.gif

Just not paying for it....biggrin.png

Correct........so where are we meeting you then??? whistling.gifdrunk.gif

It'd be a pleasure. I might be on the move so it'll either be Khon Kaen, Bangkok or Phuket.

I think I've found a picture of you lads so I can identify you.

4534550755_288x373.png

You will not believe it when I tell you........they are swingers!!! who would go swinging with Jimmy Krankie??? bah.gifblink.pngermm.gif

It'd be a pleasure. I might be on the move so it'll either be Khon Kaen, Bangkok or Phuket.

I think I've found a picture of you lads so I can identify you.

4534550755_288x373.png

You will not believe it when I tell you........they are swingers!!! who would go swinging with Jimmy Krankie??? bah.gifblink.pngermm.gif

Well......er....it was dark.....and i'd had a bit to drink........

I am prepared to buy you a beer mca....send me a PM and we will arrange a meet up. biggrin.png