Firefox

Wolfie

I always seem to get a total PC freeze when first opening Thaivisa.com using Firefox (ver 1.0.7) - and only when i first open Thaivisa

The whole system just freezes for a few seconds (about 4-5) not just the firefox window itself. Everything, MSN, WinAmp.. all of it.

I've tried all the usual things, clearing cache, cookies, temporary files etc but this doesnt seem to help

Anyone else get the same behaviour or does anyone have any solutions?

I always seem to get a total PC freeze when first opening Thaivisa.com using Firefox (ver 1.0.7) - and only when i first open Thaivisa

The whole system just freezes for a few seconds (about 4-5) not just the firefox window itself. Everything, MSN, WinAmp.. all of it.

I've tried all the usual things, clearing cache, cookies, temporary files etc but this doesnt seem to help

Anyone else get the same behaviour or does anyone have any solutions?

hi'

I had ... :D

I even tried moxilla to be sure :o

well, I uninstall all of it, saved my bookmarks, delete the folder mozilla in doc and settings and cleaned the few keys left behibd in the registry, reboot,

and re-installed firefox 1.5, impoted bookmarks from file and evrything is fine,

as it did this after a java runtime update, I don think that it was something to do with it, but abyway now, it' going alright, although there is still a mini hangup

when the page loads, but it could come from an outside link slower to load :D

francois

btw .. happy new year wolfie :D

Nope, I have had no problems whatsoever, whether using the older version of Firefox, or the newer 1.5 version.

Please note that if you upgrade your version of Firefox, that extensions (e.g. themes) that worked for older version of Firefox, may not work with the new. In fact, they may cause Firefox to crash.

Nope, I have had no problems whatsoever, whether using the older version of Firefox, or the newer 1.5 version.

Please note that if you upgrade your version of Firefox, that extensions (e.g. themes) that worked for older version of Firefox, may not work with the new. In fact, they may cause Firefox to crash.

I have had this problem quite a few times in the past and it has always gone when the extentions are removed and reinstalled.

Make sure you delete them from the folder in the documents and settings folder. (Not just uninstall them from inside FF)

I know I should not say it but....... there always seem to be these little problems with FF. They are frequently posted up on this forum and others. Personally I use Maxthon browser which simply has never given any kind of problem.

There, I said it, sorry.