Manchester United

redrus

3-0 when i went to bed 4.45am.united played well,mata m.o.m.the new guy from bvb also had a good game.

having watched PSG a lot last yr.slatan the swede i cant pronounce dont seem to be playing well at all,i have never seen him have a bad game before going to man u. needs a rest.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:15 AM, carmine said:

The book makers for starters.  Within the media it was a widespread view.

It wasn't 50/50.   It was a pathetic dive by your player.  It warranted a yellow card.  

van Gaal's side had loads of possession too.  So what.  It means nothing when theres no visible game plan.

Nice shout too by Mourinho the other day be announcing to the media that Shaw is fit to play then promptly leaving him out of the squad.  That'll do the lads confidence a power of good.

"Within the media it was a widespread view" Well that settles it, maybe the tabloid hacks could start refereeing.

So the referee was right not to award a penalty but wrong not to give a yellow card.Why not a red card for Valencia ? i said it was 50/50 and I did have a referreeing ticket many moons ago

Carmine you feed on any scraps of MU negatiitvy you can find trolling daily through the tabloids.You have no idea what was going on with Shaw,neither do the media or me. How do you know what the game plan was ?        get a life mate.

By the way did you watch the 4-0 win last night.I guess they were all offside goals or the opposition was krap

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meatboy said:

3-0 when i went to bed 4.45am.united played well,mata m.o.m.the new guy from bvb also had a good game.

having watched PSG a lot last yr.slatan the swede i cant pronounce dont seem to be playing well at all,i have never seen him have a bad game before going to man u. needs a rest.

Very confident, enterprising play from United. MOM in some quarters was Rooney, who had his best game of the season, also Mata and Mikitaryan who showed why he was so highly respected in the German league. Disagree with Zlatan he links up play well and all in all it was a great,much needed team effort.Still makeshift CB's ,havent had a settled pair since Vidic and Ferdinand finished up but cant argue with a clean sheet

7 hours ago, Sparkles said:

"Within the media it was a widespread view" Well that settles it, maybe the tabloid hacks could start refereeing.

So the referee was right not to award a penalty but wrong not to give a yellow card.Why not a red card for Valencia ? i said it was 50/50 and I did have a referreeing ticket many moons ago

Carmine you feed on any scraps of MU negatiitvy you can find trolling daily through the tabloids.You have no idea what was going on with Shaw,neither do the media or me. How do you know what the game plan was ?        get a life mate.

By the way did you watch the 4-0 win last night.I guess they were all offside goals or the opposition was krap

Now now Sparkles,hold on a bit....... you cannot seriously criticize carmine :sad: who,s spent years watching the glorious Tottenham Hotspur sides tearing the rest of the Premier League teams to shreads................or can you :cheesy:

Go for it :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, petermik said:

Hope they checked his pockets beforehand...........:shock1:

Well he wrote a tell all book with some Fleet Street hack and is now retired in Florida with a condo and a yacht.

Not bad considering how he started out.

Edited by Chicog

5 hours ago, petermik said:

Now now Sparkles,hold on a bit....... you cannot seriously criticize carmine :sad: who,s spent years watching the glorious Tottenham Hotspur sides tearing the rest of the Premier League teams to shreads................or can you :cheesy:

Go for it :thumbsup:

Carmine has a very unhealthy MU obsession. No point in quoting bookmakers and tabloids, they said last week Rooney was finished,washed up ,going to China.After last night he was candidate for MOM in many quarters. I learnt along time ago never right off champions not matter what the sport.

I would seriously love Spurs to do well,said it a few times, but constantly dredging up negativities about MU, or any other team, is so boring its one reason more people dont contribute to this so called forum.Before anyone says its banter,its not,banter has an important ingredient "humour"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Carmine has a very unhealthy MU obsession.

He,s not the only one,there,s another thread titled "Man Utd in decline" started by a similar individual back in 2005 because United had three years without winning the title,since then we have gone on to win 5 more to his "move over we are the new force in the city" teams 2.

As has been mentioned on this forum many times,some so called fans get greater enjoyment seeing United lose rather than their own club win......some sad folks about.

But we don,t care about them do we.

:jap:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Carmine has a very unhealthy MU obsession. No point in quoting bookmakers and tabloids, they said last week Rooney was finished,washed up ,going to China.After last night he was candidate for MOM in many quarters. I learnt along time ago never right off champions not matter what the sport.

I would seriously love Spurs to do well,said it a few times, but constantly dredging up negativities about MU, or any other team, is so boring its one reason more people dont contribute to this so called forum.Before anyone says its banter,its not,banter has an important ingredient "humour"

The point that miss in such spectacular manner is that my criticism is of Mourinho, not the club.  And if i'm so off the mark please find someone, anyone, that actually thinks he's doing a good job.  Then check out his win/loss/draw ratio of his last fifty matches.  Then take a while to consider which other manager, if any has lost the dressing room at two consecutive clubs then maybe the penny will drop.

7 hours ago, carmine said:

The point that miss in such spectacular manner is that my criticism is of Mourinho, not the club.  And if i'm so off the mark please find someone, anyone, that actually thinks he's doing a good job.  Then check out his win/loss/draw ratio of his last fifty matches.  Then take a while to consider which other manager, if any has lost the dressing room at two consecutive clubs then maybe the penny will drop.

"The point that miss" is as clear as day to normal folks you experience difficulty in conversing in modern english language,maybe english isn,t your first language or perhaps you had learning difficulties in your youth...if so my profound apologies,as I am not the sort of person who enjoys taking the rise out of someone who is dyslexic.

Enjoy your weekend sir,and may your contributions on here continue to bring much amusement  :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, petermik said:

"The point that miss" is as clear as day to normal folks you experience difficulty in conversing in modern english language,maybe english isn,t your first language or perhaps you had learning difficulties in your youth...if so my profound apologies,as I am not the sort of person who enjoys taking the rise out of someone who is dyslexic.

Enjoy your weekend sir,and may your contributions on here continue to bring much amusement  :thumbsup:

But its very clear that is exactly what you are doing because you can't argue my point?  Quality.

But its very clear that is exactly what you are doing because you can't argue my point?  Quality.

You don,t get it do you :cheesy:

Roses are beautiful when in bloom,just be wary of the pricks when handling :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

To be fair to it's pretty obvious that carms missed the "you" out of the comment, lucky for you really as it they gave you an excuse to waffle on about his English and not have to respond to his post, anyway now that we have cleared that one up you can carry on responding to his post, that's if you can of course :passifier:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair to it's pretty obvious that carms missed the "you" out of the comment, lucky for you really as it they gave you an excuse to waffle on about his English and not have to respond to his post, anyway now that we have cleared that one up you can carry on responding to his post, that's if you can of course :passifier:

Maybe he did look up Mourinho's record over the past fifty games and decided he's better off mocking dyslexia rather than debating my post!!  

• Like 1

On 11/22/2016 at 7:00 AM, petermik said:

Oh hear we go again.........gets boring :sad:

p.s.I see you bodyswerved on the Spurs manager question :cheesy:

1960-61Bill Nic........ last time Spurs were a good side :thumbsup:

On 11/25/2016 at 11:13 AM, Sparkles said:

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Alfie

carmine is very selective in his replies as shown in the first thread,his continual harping about the current United manager (which he is perfectly entitled to do BTW) is becoming tedious,Mourinho,s record both in the premiership and abroad is one most managers would be proud of,but sadly not good enough for carmine....that,s fine, its his opinion.

Now Alfie maybe you can get him to tell me which Spurs manager has ever won three championships/league titles and the last time Spurs won the league as he does not seem to be able to answer :sad:

Alfie

carmine is very selective in his replies as shown in the first thread,his continual harping about the current United manager (which he is perfectly entitled to do BTW) is becoming tedious,Mourinho,s record both in the premiership and abroad is one most managers would be proud of,but sadly not good enough for carmine....that,s fine, its his opinion.

Now Alfie maybe you can get him to tell me which Spurs manager has ever won three championships/league titles and the last time Spurs won the league as he does not seem to be able to answer :sad:

No Spurs manager manager as far i remember but i fail to see whats that got to do Mourinho at Man U, unless he won 3 and i missed it ! 

9 hours ago, alfieconn said:

No Spurs manager manager as far i remember but i fail to see whats that got to do Mourinho at Man U, unless he won 3 and i missed it ! 

alfie

the discussion with carmine started with him calling Mourinho a "busted flush" I then pointed out to him that his record was better than most managers in the game today,and he had won 3 premierships in the past (with Chelsea) then I asked him about spurs managers and the last time they had actually won something,knowing full well it was a good 20+ years ago and even longer for the old 1st division title.

Nowhere in my replies have I spoken of what Mourinho has done at Old Trafford.

If a football fan wants to criticize anything regarding Man U  all I ever need to ask is "so who or what at your club is better or has been in the past?

If they can give me facts to back up their comments I will happily acknowledge,but in nearly all cases it just boils down to being a case of the "green eyed monster" syndrome.

:thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, petermik said:

the discussion with carmine started with him calling Mourinho a "busted flush" I then pointed out to him that his record was better than most managers in the game today.

Peter,

My understanding of the term "busted flush" is about someone who had promise but no longer does, or they have lost what influence they had. Of course his achievements in the past were what got him his current position but if he has lost that influence, his past has absolutely no bearing on the here and now. He will be judged on his current performance and tossed aside very quickly if he doesn't live up to his promise. Afterall, this game is about results and only results.

You got to admit that he no longer carries the cocky arrogance that he had a couple of years ago and I took it as that is what Carms was referring to.

alfie

the discussion with carmine started with him calling Mourinho a "busted flush" I then pointed out to him that his record was better than most managers in the game today,and he had won 3 premierships in the past (with Chelsea) then I asked him about spurs managers and the last time they had actually won something,knowing full well it was a good 20+ years ago and even longer for the old 1st division title.

Nowhere in my replies have I spoken of what Mourinho has done at Old Trafford.

If a football fan wants to criticize anything regarding Man U  all I ever need to ask is "so who or what at your club is better or has been in the past?

If they can give me facts to back up their comments I will happily acknowledge,but in nearly all cases it just boils down to being a case of the "green eyed monster" syndrome.

:thumbsup:

So your saying that 99.9% of fans can't criticize Utd  because there team hasn't been better in the past, even though we are talking about this season  :shock1::cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

So your saying that 99.9% of fans can't criticize Utd  because there team hasn't been better in the past, even though we are talking about this season  :shock1::cheesy:

alfie

First,and only trophy, played for this season so far was the Community Shield.................:thumbsup:

nothing else decided yet :sad:

Edited by petermik

14 hours ago, petermik said:

alfie

First,and only trophy, played for this season so far was the Community Shield.................:thumbsup:

This may come as a shock to you Peter but this isn't the Spurs thread.  This is the United thread where we attempt to discuss United issues.

Feel free to have a prattle on our thread anytime by all means.

21 hours ago, petermik said:

alfie

This may come as a shock to you Peter but this isn't the Spurs thread.  This is the United thread where we attempt to discuss United issues.

Feel free to have a prattle on our thread anytime by all means.

So where exactly in this discussion about Mourinho with Alfie are Spurs mentioned......:passifier:

18 minutes ago, petermik said:

So where exactly in this discussion about Mourinho with Alfie are Spurs mentioned......:passifier:

Well to put it simply, we are both members of the football forum discussing the United manager on the United thread. Seems kind of appropriate to me and i suspect everyone bar your goodself.

How old are you Peter?

• Like 1

On 11/25/2016 at 11:13 AM, Sparkles said:

Carmine has a very unhealthy MU obsession.

I read this earlier this week,should have taken more notice....but you live and learn :sad:

Wonderfully accurate assessment Sparkles :thumbsup:

But my guess is it will fall on deaf ears :whistling: