Manchester United

redrus

Would all the Berbatov knockers like to come forward, bow their collective heads, and admit that is probably one of the finest displays by a striker, at OT, in recent memory. The overhead may well be goal of the season. Then again a lot of Berbatov knockers,not including intelligent and knowledgeable United supporters of course , wouldn't know a football from a pumpkin so its unlikely to happen.

Thatll be all bar Fergie, but its only been a good few games see if he keeps it up.

He was always class when he played for us.

In case anyone missed the goal of the season, here it is,,,enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3LhhEy674

Would all the Berbatov knockers like to come forward, bow their collective heads, and admit that is probably one of the finest displays by a striker, at OT, in recent memory. The overhead may well be goal of the season. Then again a lot of Berbatov knockers,not including intelligent and knowledgeable United supporters of course , wouldn't know a football from a pumpkin so its unlikely to happen.

Thatll be all bar Fergie, but its only been a good few games see if he keeps it up.

In case anyone missed the goal of the season, here it is,,,enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3LhhEy674

Bit premature James. We are only 5 games into the season. Goal of the season "thus far" I can live with. ;)

Make the most of it. The lazy bar-steward will be back to his normal self next week. For the unusual work rate he did yesterday, I think he needs dope testing :D

Edited by mrbojangles

In case anyone missed the goal of the season, here it is,,,enjoy... http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZH3LhhEy674

Bit premature James. We are only 5 games into the season. Goal of the season "thus far" I can live with. ;)

Make the most of it. The lazy bar-steward will be back to his normal self next week. For the unusual work rate he did yesterday, I think he needs dope testing :D

Come on mate, give him a break..he has almost as many goals this year as he did all of last year ;)

In case anyone missed the goal of the season, here it is,,,enjoy... http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZH3LhhEy674

I can't believe a Man U fan is nominating a Man U's player for goal of the season.......they are not usually that bias :D .

I happen to think that Bale's against Stoke was better but there again i'm not bias either :lol:

Edited by alfieconn

On the subject of Berbatov, Ferguson and Rooney have been barking on about the amount of assists and general support he gave to young wayne last season. They state that his efforts last season contributed a great deal to Rooneys prolific season. Whilst his goal scoring last season was very poor i'm left wondering what sort of forward many Utd fans thought they were getting. With Berbatov its all about what he creates, the assists he makes, and ofcourse setting up Rooney.

Anyways, now he's the best thing since sliced bread and money well spent. Great stuff. :lol:

Edited by carmine

Berbatov who would of thought it?

jurys still out but he deserves his plaudits after that superb hat-trick.

Lets see how he performs this season,for me he is still on a suspended sentence for a year.

Great to beat one of the lower clubs...... we will see how we get on next week against a decent side at the Reebok :D

Berbatov who would of thought it?

jurys still out but he deserves his plaudits after that superb hat-trick.

Lets see how he performs this season,for me he is still on a suspended sentence for a year.

Yep completely agree. Berba's silky skills have never been in question. Other parts of his game have. They still are. Let's see where we are with him come the end of the season.

Great goal though.

We still very nearly threw it all away, and what would have happened had we gone down to 10 men? Worrying. We need to start tightening up at the back, and sharpish.

Last night i think endorses what i was saying a few weeks ago:

Owen hasn't really been given much playing time at all though has he, to know what sort of form he is in. Last night he was thrown out there and didn't do much but he didn't have much time and had little in the way of quality balls into the box. I still think he has something to offer, even if it's Carling Cup and coming on as sub type appearances. He's s striker with experience that the young guys should learn from. If he goes it's not like we'll get a big injection of cash to spend with. Might as well keep him i'd say.

Did any of you guys get to see the game? Wish i had.

Last night i think endorses what i was saying a few weeks ago:

Owen hasn't really been given much playing time at all though has he, to know what sort of form he is in. Last night he was thrown out there and didn't do much but he didn't have much time and had little in the way of quality balls into the box. I still think he has something to offer, even if it's Carling Cup and coming on as sub type appearances. He's s striker with experience that the young guys should learn from. If he goes it's not like we'll get a big injection of cash to spend with. Might as well keep him i'd say.

Did any of you guys get to see the game? Wish i had.

Watched as much as i could on a stream on the net,while watching chelsea on the box and following updates on two other sites,we looked good smalling played well gibson took his goal well mo7 scored a brace 1st was well taken 2nd a tap in smalling took his chance well,and bebe came on looked fast quick and very decisive.

all in all a good result,and the unted fans there was superb sang all game and very load.

This shows our strength in depth and we may play a weakened team but still strong enough,unike little city liverpool chelsea everton spurs who was all found wanting.

As for owen who do you drop? give him games and game time he will score!

Maybe rest rooney at bolton and him and berbatov up front,aas no way can you drop berbatov he is our best player this season.

This shows our strength in depth and we may play a weakened team but still strong enough,unike little city liverpool chelsea everton spurs who was all found wanting.

But you were playing Scunthorpe you clown, unlike chels, city and Spurs who were playing Newcastle,West Brom and the le arse, you lot live in a different world :( .

Edited by alfieconn

Maybe rest rooney at bolton and him and berbatov up front,aas no way can you drop berbatov he is our best player this season.

Obviously it is dependent on what the opposition is, but i'd quite like to see us really going out to attack in some games with all three playing. Berba and Owen up front and Rooney in a free role behind them. Macheda or Mexican to come on for whoever is having a quiet game when necessary.

But you were playing Scunthorpe you clown, unlike chels, city and Spurs who were playing Newcastle,West Brom and the le arse, you lot live in a different world :( .

Obsessed :D

So easy on here getting a bite

United go marching on after a good win away from home with our reserves,i like to look at the win as a good result and some very handy game time for the fringe players.

As for a different world well we are man united and we do what we want. :ph34r:

Obsessed with bias statements :o .

Never heard of Scunthorpe you clown, but i like the name.

Think i've just realised what the "C" in THFC stands for. :lol:

Obviously it is dependent on what the opposition is, but i'd quite like to see us really going out to attack in some games with all three playing. Berba and Owen up front and Rooney in a free role behind them. Macheda or Mexican to come on for whoever is having a quiet game when necessary.

Yes that could work mate but we may loose our shape playing 2 with one in the whole behind.

I like two up front for bolton with two wingers in obertan and nani and scholes and fletcher central pair.

If we play rooney in the hole means a three man midfield with one being nani.

Better shape would be rooney scholes fletcher nani with berbatov and owen up front.

Mate i like spurs as a club i have very fond memories going to white hart lane,my favourite london away,i even got up at 1 40 tuesday to watch and cheer you lot on against the goons.

man united and spurs two clubs but the sole is one :D

Dont take my obsessed comment to heart mate just banter. :jap:

Yes that could work mate but we may loose our shape playing 2 with one in the whole behind.

I like two up front for bolton with two wingers in obertan and nani and scholes and fletcher central pair.

If we play rooney in the hole means a three man midfield with one being nani.

Better shape would be rooney scholes fletcher nani with berbatov and owen up front.

Don't disagree with any of that mate.

Mate i like spurs as a club i have very fond memories going to white hart lane,my favourite london away,i even got up at 1 40 tuesday to watch and cheer you lot on against the goons.

man united and spurs two clubs but the sole is one :D

Dont take my obsessed comment to heart mate just banter. :jap:

If Spurs are your 2nd club there you are obviously not so obsessed :D

United go marching on after a good win away from home with our reserves,

Reserves....? Your starting 11 consisted of many regular players.

Tomasz Kuszczak

Rio Ferdinand

Rafael da Silva

Chris Smalling

Wes Brown

Ji-Sung Park

Darron Gibson

Anderson

Michael Owen

Federico Macheda

Javier Hernandez

And you go on the City thread saying we are arrogant !!

What alfie said ;)

United go marching on after a good win away from home with our reserves,

Reserves....? Your starting 11 consisted of many regular players.

Tomasz Kuszczak

Rio Ferdinand

Rafael da Silva

Chris Smalling

Wes Brown

Ji-Sung Park

Darron Gibson

Anderson

Michael Owen

Federico Macheda

Javier Hernandez

How many of those will start on sunday maybe rio,but he is on his way back from injury so yes that is our reserve team not bad hey,hence my comment strength in depth :D

And you go on the City thread saying we are arrogant !!

Good bit hey.

:D

I like how city and pool supporters give us a hard time about sending out a line-up like the above.

Just because it's united policy to actually introduce new signings and kids to the experience of playing in matches_small and big, they become recognized by the masses and all of a sudden are "experienced superstars" or something.

It's not our fault that an obertan, macheda etc get put into high pressure EPL, CL, FA and League Cup situations from time to time by our manager, while your youth policy is to buy more big names and never give your kids a run-out in the first team in high pressure situations.

It's called keeping the pipeline moving forward. SAF is very good at this and his record continues to speak for itself.

I like how city and pool supporters give us a hard time about sending out a line-up like the above.

Just because it's united policy to actually introduce new signings and kids to the experience of playing in matches_small and big, they become recognized by the masses and all of a sudden are "experienced superstars" or something.

It's not our fault that an obertan, macheda etc get put into high pressure EPL, CL, FA and League Cup situations from time to time by our manager, while your youth policy is to buy more big names and never give your kids a run-out in the first team in high pressure situations.

It's called keeping the pipeline moving forward. SAF is very good at this and his record continues to speak for itself.

Yeh, Scunthorpe was a real high pressure game!!! :lol:

When was the last time one of your kids played in a 'high pressure' game?

Macheda was impressive against Villa when he came on as sub a while back, and then what?

Instead you have the Wheelchair Derby with Giggs and Scholes and Gary Neville leading the way :lol:

Thats why you lot will not win anything this year.