Manchester United

redrus

Can someone explain why Berbatov is likely to be sold? Has he pissed somebody off, or has his laconic style of play finally done for him?

Fergie has lost faith in him to deliver in the bigger games, see's him as a flat track bully, i like him has all the skill in the world but has gone missing when we have needed him the most.

Can someone explain why Berbatov is likely to be sold? Has he pissed somebody off, or has his laconic style of play finally done for him?

Fergie has lost faith in him to deliver in the bigger games, see's him as a flat track bully, i like him has all the skill in the world but has gone missing when we have needed him the most.

And he doesn't want to be a highly paid bench-warmer, presumably?

He's scored some outstanding goals for you.

And he doesn't want to be a highly paid bench-warmer, presumably?

He's scored some outstanding goals for you.

He did yes but so did Gary Birtles.

Lazy bastard at the end of the day ....see ya!

Commercial director Richard Arnold on the signing of Kawaga and questions over the reasons for his signing: "We don't sign players to sell shirts. We are reliant on 25 players and they are all massive stars. We have 25 George Clooneys."

Not sure how flattered George Clooney would be by that. Perhaps 25 Timothy Spalls might have been a better analogy. laugh.png

• Like 1

Commercial director Richard Arnold on the signing of Kawaga and questions over the reasons for his signing: "We don't sign players to sell shirts. We are reliant on 25 players and they are all massive stars. We have 25 George Clooneys."

Not sure how flattered George Clooney would be by that. Perhaps 25 Timothy Spalls might have been a better analogy. laugh.png

Right, i'm going to hazard a guess here and say that i don't think Clooney would be very happy being compaired to "Wazza". Mindyou, who would?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting news - in today's world of footy, $100,000,000 only buys you a couple of world class players (if you're Man City that is).

Note it's all going to pay off debt too.

http://www.usatoday....ange/56007120/1

Yep they are also keeping the Class B shares and only selling Class A shares as Class B have 10 to 1 vote for Class A.

Was hoping it was being raised to buy new players but nope to pay off more of the debt, also the Glazers paid themselves 7.2 mill quid last year too, the blood sucking leaches.

Interesting news - in today's world of footy, $100,000,000 only buys you a couple of world class players (if you're Man City that is).

Normal in highly leveraged buy-outs to sell down some equity to repay borrowings a few years down the line when the interest burden is beginning to squeeze the nadgers of the business.

Normal in highly leveraged buy-outs to sell down some equity to repay borrowings a few years down the line when the interest burden is beginning to squeeze the nadgers of the business.

Still the shares they are selling are not going to get a dividend and they are effectively not going to get a vote in the business. So they are in fact a 'share' of absolutely nothing. A piece of paper with Man Utd on it - and not even that as the issue will be scripless. I doubt if they will find any mugs to buy them myself.

• Like 1

Just heard the sushi chef at our local on Samui is resigning at the end of the month if you lot are looking to strengthen your midfield on the cheap

Does he have a good tempurament?

• Like 1

Still the shares they are selling are not going to get a dividend and they are effectively not going to get a vote in the business. So they are in fact a 'share' of absolutely nothing. A piece of paper with Man Utd on it - and not even that as the issue will be scripless. I doubt if they will find any mugs to buy them myself.

If you think about it selling these shares is effectively giving the Glaziers an interest free, repayment free loan.

They'll be getting an income from the sale but they won't be paying any dividend (interest free) and they wouldn't (normally) have to buy the shares back (repayment free).

They'll collect the money to help pay off their debt then market forces will increase/decrease the value of the shares giving the shareholders a profit/loss if/when they choose to sell them. That seems to be the only way the shareholders can make anything.

Money for nothing really..............The Glaziers aren't stupid are they. It can only go tits up if not enough people buy the shares.

Edited by sumrit

The Economist's take on the listing.....

http://www.economist.com/node/21558312

The end of the piece sums it up "This is an offering for fools and fans only."

And this is all just to raise 100m. Dollars not pounds shock1.gif What will they do next. Begging bowls outside the ground. smile.png

I have a better idea.

Why not make Rooney do a sponsored slim.

Sponsor him at a fiver a pound. Get him to lose 10 pound, thats fifty quid per fan sponsor.

Supposedly you are the best supported club in the world!! Get a million fans to sponsor Rooney.... there is your 50 million quid!!thumbsup.gif

Far less complicated and more beneficial to the rags fans than buying worthless pieces of paper.

The Economist's take on the listing.....

http://www.economist.com/node/21558312

The end of the piece sums it up "This is an offering for fools and fans only."

And this is all just to raise 100m. Dollars not pounds shock1.gif What will they do next. Begging bowls outside the ground. smile.png

I have a better idea.

Why not make Rooney do a sponsored slim.

Sponsor him at a fiver a pound. Get him to lose 10 pound, thats fifty quid per fan sponsor.

Supposedly you are the best supported club in the world!! Get a million fans to sponsor Rooney.... there is your 50 million quid!!thumbsup.gif

Far less complicated and more beneficial to the rags fans than buying worthless pieces of paper.

Or maybe just get Rooney to put a quid in for each time ha has "comforted" an old lady of the night. That would raise a few quid.

Nice bit of news I noticed a few days ago was that Valencia has been given the No.7 shirt.thumbsup.gif

And Kagawa declined the no7 shirt, stating as a new player i cannot take the no7 shirt as a new player, very humble the Japswai.gif starting to like the lad already cannot wait to see him play for United.

Nice bit of news I noticed a few days ago was that Valencia has been given the No.7 shirt.thumbsup.gif

And Kagawa declined the no7 shirt, stating as a new player i cannot take the no7 shirt as a new player, very humble the Japswai.gifstarting to like the lad already cannot wait to see him play for United.

And thats before he's even played a game 40.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Whats with the no 7 shirt? Is it the shirt worn by the club idiot?

You've done it now carms, we're going to get a 400 page bit of spiel about the history of the no7 shirt and who's wore it etc 107.gif

You've done it now carms, we're going to get a 400 page bit of spiel about the history of the no7 shirt and who's wore it etc 107.gif

Oh God noooooo..............

I normally ignore comments like yours, but I thought out of respect I'd try to add to your education

1. Bryan Robson (1981-1994) - 316 apps

2. Billy Meredith (1907 - 1921) - 302 apps

3. Joe Spence (1919 - 1933) - 292 apps

4. Johnny Berry (1951 - 1958) - 247 apps

5. Steve Coppell (1975 - 1984) - 236 apps

6. Willie Morgan (1968 - 1975) - 221 apps

7. David Beckham (1993 - 2003) - 191 apps

8. John Schofield (1900 - 1907) - 156 apps

9. Cristiano Ronaldo (2003 - ) - 148 apps

10. William Bryant (1934 - 1939) - 148 apps

11. Eric Cantona (1993 - 1997) - 143 apps

12. Jimmy Delaney (1946 - 1951) - 128 apps

13. George Best (1963 - 1974) - 114 apps

More here :-

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/famous-number-7s-184527/

I normally ignore comments like yours, but I thought out of respect I'd try to add to your education

1. Bryan Robson (1981-1994) - 316 apps

2. Billy Meredith (1907 - 1921) - 302 apps

3. Joe Spence (1919 - 1933) - 292 apps

4. Johnny Berry (1951 - 1958) - 247 apps

5. Steve Coppell (1975 - 1984) - 236 apps

6. Willie Morgan (1968 - 1975) - 221 apps

7. David Beckham (1993 - 2003) - 191 apps

8. John Schofield (1900 - 1907) - 156 apps

9. Cristiano Ronaldo (2003 - ) - 148 apps

10. William Bryant (1934 - 1939) - 148 apps

11. Eric Cantona (1993 - 1997) - 143 apps

12. Jimmy Delaney (1946 - 1951) - 128 apps