Manchester United

redrus

rooney simply shouldn't have been on the pitch to score and assist united's goals. was spineless refereeing and rooney's twitter comments since have been just as pathetic.

OHHH ahhh Stevie

thank fuc_k Suarez isn't a twiiter eh?

All you lot seem to have forgot his horrific tackle in the derby at Everton last season which HE never got sent off for....remember!

I thought Rooney"s comments were honest btw

And Carmine .......just before Cardiff scored do you think there player should of been sent off for aiming and connecting an upper cut to the floor cleaner?

After all it was a very important time of the game wasn't it? i feel United have also much to be aggrieved at.

Hope you are feeling better after your embarrassment yesterday as your manager said you should be ashamed of yourself"s cheesy.gif

United next weekcheesy.gif

I think you may be leaving your self open to a bit of stick there red, There is definitely no guarantee you will win.

Yes it was as defeatist as your City/Cardiff reference was not relevant.

Because City's performance in Cardiff doesn't hide the fact that we played below what we should expect.

I agree we played below what we should expect, but i don't see why, if we are comparing ourselves to City, we can't compare the result they got from Cardiff and the result we got. Seems highly relevant to me.

And as carmine says, this is a very strange season. If you take one weekend in isolation, say the weekend two weeks ago when we beat the league leaders and when City lost, things look like they are swinging in one direction, and then if you look at this weekend just gone, you could say they are swinging in another direction altogether, particularly for Spurs.

Bottom line is, no team is being particularly consistent. Things are changing quite wildly from one week to the next. Some United fans need to stop being quite so reactionary.

Bottom line also seems to be that all teams have idiots who don't care about the rules and idiots who don't mind them breaking them...I did say ALL teams

Good job its the United of the present then and not the past;) btw, i think the most surprising thing about Rooney tweeting is that the little prick can actually write.

"little prick" what command of the English language you have-well done-education must be high in your household?

There's a pot and a kettle lingering on this forum.

Good job its the United of the present then and not the past;) btw, i think the most surprising thing about Rooney tweeting is that the little prick can actually write.

"little prick" what command of the English language you have-well done-education must be high in your household?

There's a pot and a kettle lingering on this forum.

I concur, Mr. petermilk called someone a c*nt last week biggrin.png and he probably doesn't even know the bloke laugh.png

Manchester United legend and former captain Bill Foulkes has died, aged eighty one.

One of the original Busby Babes, he survived the Munich air crash and went on to play 688 games in a career spanning nearly twenty years.

R.I.P. Bill.

• Like 2

Busby Babe Bill Foulkes dies aged 81

_71325463_71325458.jpgBill Foulkes captained Manchester United in the aftermath of the 1958 tragedy

Former Manchester United captain Bill Foulkes, who survived the 1958 Munich air crash, has died aged 81.

Only Sir Bobby Charlton, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes have played more times for United than the Busby Babe, who made 688 appearances.

Sir Bobby Charlton said the defender was a "marvellous man", while United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said he would "never be forgotten".

St Helens-born Foulkes played for United in their 1968 European Cup win.

Foulkes was a key member of Sir Matt Busby's team of talented young players, who were nicknamed the Busby Babes.

On 6 February 1958, the plane carrying the team back from Belgrade crashed in a blizzard after refuelling at Munich airport.

Twenty-three people died - eight players, eight newspaper journalists and seven members of backroom staff.

Speaking about the disaster in 2008, Foulkes said he had been "put in a bad way" by the crash.

"The back end came up and I saw it came up and down again and this meant all the stuff came out of the back and hit me in the back of the head."

However, he managed to escape from the plane and ran to safety before returning to help the survivors.

"I ran over to Matt and we put an overcoat underneath him and he just turned over, groaned and passed out," he said.

'Hard as nails'

After the Munich tragedy, Foulkes took over the captaincy and became a pillar of some of United's most successful teams.

Foulkes was a four-time league champion and a FA Cup winner.

He also won the European Cup at Wembley with United, when the team beat Portuguese side Benfica 4-1 in 1968.

_71325543_gettyfoulkesandbusby.jpgBill Foulkes captained Manchester United in the aftermath of the 1958 tragedy

Sir Bobby, who played alongside him for more than a decade, said the defender was "as hard as nails [and] as tough as teak".

"I was always glad I didn't have to play against him," he said.

He added that Foulkes had been "a really, really good defensive player and you could say he helped change the course of history for United".

Fellow former United captain Gary Neville tweeted that Foulkes was "a legend", while current player Rio Ferdinand said Foulkes had been a "great servant to the club".

Mr Woodward said Foulkes was "a giant character" in the club's post-war era.

He said the defender had been "a very gentle man, who I was privileged to meet on several occasions, including most memorably with his team-mates at the Champions League final in Moscow, 50 years after his heroics in the Munich air crash".

Foulkes made his United debut against Liverpool in December 1952 and went on to score nine goals in his career. He won his only England cap in 1954.

He joined the club as an amateur in March 1950 and began playing professionally in August 1951 after he left his mining job at Lea Green Colliery in St Helens.

Foulkes left United in June 1970 and went on to manage clubs in the US and Norway.

BBC

• Like 1

Surprisingly quiet on here after that result.....wasnt a 5-0 victory away at the second team in the Bundesliga good enough for you ?smile.png

And youve qualified for the knockout stages.....

Man of the match,Kagawa.....Moyes must surely play him now in his favoured position just behind the striker or strikers.

Surprisingly quiet on here after that result.....wasnt a 5-0 victory away at the second team in the Bundesliga good enough for you ?smile.png

Man of the match,Kagawa.....Moyes must surely play him now in his favoured position just behind the striker or strikers.

I think everyones still in shock at how awful zee germans were.

Doubt we'll be hearing from Herr Lotusblute today eitherbiggrin.png

I think everyones still in shock at how awful zee germans were.

Doubt we'll be hearing from Herr Lotusblute today eitherbiggrin.png

loosing 5-0 at home,zee germans might be getting a visit from the N.C.A.

I think United are sending young Will Keane to Wigan on loan and recalling Nick Powell....i would like him to stay with the first team squad but unfortunately it looks like United want him loaned out to a Premier league team for more experience at the top level......Very high hopes for Powell the way he has been performing and scoring for Wigan and Jesse Lingardwill be back on the 14th December after scoring 6 times in just 7 games for Birmingham.

I am not sure on the injury situation with Carrick Rafael.Van Persie but Vidic is fit again and will probably play at the weekend.

If Van Persie is fit i think he will play Kagawa on the left in place of Nani.

I think United are sending young Will Keane to Wigan on loan and recalling Nick Powell....i would like him to stay with the first team squad but unfortunately it looks like United want him loaned out to a Premier league team for more experience at the top level......Very high hopes for Powell the way he has been performing and scoring for Wigan and Jesse Lingardwill be back on the 14th December after scoring 6 times in just 7 games for Birmingham.

I am not sure on the injury situation with Carrick Rafael.Van Persie but Vidic is fit again and will probably play at the weekend.

If Van Persie is fit i think he will play Kagawa on the left in place of Nani.

Oh really? that's interesting.. bah.gif

"Gareth Bale should wait one more season before leaving the EPL" Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Of yes thats right, the spanish press have stopped slagging him off now haven't they!Posted Image

Lol omg..What on earth are you talking about?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Gareth Bale should wait one more season before leaving the EPL" clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Of yes thats right, the spanish press have stopped slagging him off now haven't they!whistling.gif

Lol omg..What on earth are you talking about?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Reports were flowing through via the newsnow portal so cut the "what are you talking about crap" because they were

The ABU,s are very quiet today ?????????????

Yes but the ABT's are vocal. Yesterday the ABC's were having a pop at Jose too and the ABA's were quiet.

The ABWHU's haven't had much too say of late and the ABL's still think Suarez is public enemy number one.

However the RAGS that self indulgently created their poxy little ABU acronym are still delusional, wrapped up in their own sense of self importance i note

Edited by carmine

Yes but the ABT's are vocal. Yesterday the ABC's were having a pop at Jose too and the ABA's were quiet.

The ABWHU's haven't had much too say of late and the ABL's still think Suarez is public enemy number one.

However the RAGS that self indulgently created their poxy little ABU acronym are still delusional, wrapped up in their own sense of self importance i note

You forgot to highlight the BFC carmine................................................................(Bulls**t From Carmine) whistling.gifwhistling.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

• Like 2

You forgot to highlight the BFC carmine................................................................(Bulls**t From Carmine) whistling.gifwhistling.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

OK well heres some more BFC for you summit, you ABT........in the 2nd half of last season Defoe scored just 1 in 17 league games.

A natural finisher he may well be but sadly this doesn't extend to the ball ending up in the net.

Would you like to start a separate Defoe thread to vent yours and Mr Ed's current obsession?

AH cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif Stability is what you need…..tongue.png.pagespeed.ce.JwCxzAWj6x.png

BT biggrin.png

And a goalscorerwink.png

Hopefully NOT this weekend whistling.gif

BT biggrin.png

Yes its almost worth reading more of the delusional United fans talk about a title challenge everytime you scrape a win and watching Mr Giant Eyes run hysterically over to give Giggs a big cuddle at the final whistle!!!!