Manchester United

redrus

Its one thing to be handed the cash to buy Mata but another thing altogether for Moyes to prove he can get the best from him and as has been just said, with the talent of those three, RVP, Mata and Rooney whats he doing pumping in crossed all afternoon? Its just plain stupid.

Yeah of course, because we all know how much attackers hate it when they are in the box and balls keep getting pumped in to them.

technically gifted ball players who are used to intricate passing moves pulling packed defences apart tend to, yeah.

An attacker who doesn't like balls pumped in to the box?! Too technically gifted for that?! You're having a laugh mate.

United's last 20 plus years of success has been built on width, on getting around the back of defenses, on balls being swung in from the byline. And when you are up against a parked bus in the penalty box, all the more reason to play that way.

Its one thing to be handed the cash to buy Mata but another thing altogether for Moyes to prove he can get the best from him and as has been just said, with the talent of those three, RVP, Mata and Rooney whats he doing pumping in crossed all afternoon? Its just plain stupid.

Yeah of course, because we all know how much attackers hate it when they are in the box and balls keep getting pumped in to them.

technically gifted ball players who are used to intricate passing moves pulling packed defences apart tend to, yeah.

An attacker who doesn't like balls pumped in to the box?! Too technically gifted for that?! You're having a laugh mate.

United's last 20 plus years of success has been built on width, on getting around the back of defenses, on balls being swung in from the byline. And when you are up against a parked bus in the penalty box, all the more reason to play that way.

denial. understandable but still sounds silly rix.

united's last 20 years of success were not purely built on width, that's utter nonsense. they were built on knowing how to beat teams and knowing how to change tactics to beat whoever you needed to beat. that yesterday was sunday league plan a, lash it in there, see what happens, don't change it, keep trying the thing that isn't working. rooney and van persie were coming deeper and deeper into midfield to get the ball at their feet. probably because they realised that plan a was a load of unimaginative <deleted> that wasn't working.

denial. understandable but still sounds silly rix.

united's last 20 years of success were not purely built on width, that's utter nonsense. they were built on knowing how to beat teams and knowing how to change tactics to beat whoever you needed to beat. that yesterday was sunday league plan a, lash it in there, see what happens, don't change it, keep trying the thing that isn't working. rooney and van persie were coming deeper and deeper into midfield to get the ball at their feet. probably because they realised that plan a was a load of unimaginative <deleted> that wasn't working.

This is fun. A Liverpool supporter schooling a United supporter on why we have been successful.

Of course I wasn't suggesting that we only play with width, I was just making the point that playing with width is what we are famous for and it's the way we have played when we have been playing our best football. This season our worst football has been when we have had no width.

Sunday League football isn't getting around the back of defences and whipping balls into the box, it is hoofing the ball from midfield forward.

And as for Rooney and RVP thinking the tactics were crap, if they did think that, and I don't believe they did, they should worry first about why they weren't able to finish off a few more of the multitude of chances they had.

Valencia and Januzaj ,until someone better comes along ,should play on the flanks. Valencia has the ability to hit them hard and low not aerial. Januzaj is a future gem

Raphael while great coming forward his crosses last night were poor and I actually think he will not be there in that position next season.

For United anything that can go wrong does at the moment, bounce of the ball, magnificent goal keeping and backs to the wall resolute defending and if you don't believe that watch a replay of City and Norwich,it happens.

Valencia and Januzaj ,until someone better comes along ,should play on the flanks. Valencia has the ability to hit them hard and low not aerial. Januzaj is a future gem

Raphael while great coming forward his crosses last night were poor and I actually think he will not be there in that position next season.

For United anything that can go wrong does at the moment, bounce of the ball, magnificent goal keeping and backs to the wall resolute defending and if you don't believe that watch a replay of City and Norwich,it happens.

You're right about Raphael. He was doing a lot of the hard work in getting around the back of the defence, and then undoing the hard work with a poor cross. Still, with 80 of them to work with, our players in the box should have been able to convert a few more. Was just one of those days though. When things aren't breaking for you, they aren't breaking for you.

Could understand more those blaming the tactics, were we not creating any chances. A lack of chances being created, and sure, you question the tactics.

Chances were being created by the bucket load. Any other day and it's a cricket scoreline.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You're right about Raphael. He was doing a lot of the hard work in getting around the back of the defence, and then undoing the hard work with a poor cross. Still, with 80 of them to work with, our players in the box should have been able to convert a few more. Was just one of those days though. When things aren't breaking for you, they aren't breaking for you.

Could understand more those blaming the tactics, were we not creating any chances. A lack of chances being created, and sure, you question the tactics.

Chances were being created by the bucket load. Any other day and it's a cricket scoreline.

It was a cricket scoreline. Sadly, something reminiscent of England's recent performances.

• Like 1

You need quality being hit into the box - not much evidence of that.

http://youtu.be/tKC9KdBCgW4

Edited by Devil

Thought some o those balls in were immense..., though I agree, a lot were bloody woeful.!

Worryingly people getting on the end of them were even worse..!!

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thought some o those balls in were immense..., though I agree, a lot were bloody woeful.!

redrus

Plenty of reds on fb saying sack him.....what's your take Rus?

redrus

No chance, it's annoying, frustrating and I was in proper strop last night but no, we cannot sack him.

Personally, with what he has at his disposal, the end of next season is my barrier, as I'm sure I could do a better job at this moment in time...!!

redrus

• Like 2

^

Oh dear what...?

Atmospheres at every stadium in the country are suffering, and you have issue with us trying to make ours better...?

This is the start of a return to (safe) standing areas, mark my words, we'll be first at that too....!

redrus

redrus

What's Mr Red's take? Did he make a New Year resolution to stop supporting, or did exasperation and then moderation overwhelm him?

[Hope all is well wherever you r]

You need quality being hit into the box - not much evidence of that.

Actually if you watch that video beginning to end, there is plenty of evidence. OK, there were plenty of duds too, but when you are talking over 80 crosses in one game, they aren't all going to be perfect are they.

To me what that video highlights in terms of the problem we had, wasn't to do with the quality of the crosses, but to do with the quality of the finishing. Doing everything short of the bit where you put it in the back on the net.

Horrible weather. Horrible injuries. Horrible scrappy little game. But these are the things you have to deal with. We didn't. Stoke deserved their win. Congrats to them.

omg, blaming the weather now? bwahahaahah these manure fans never cease to surprise me.

getting pissy with the press now. how long until he refuses to do press conferences and sends phil neville out to do them?

I believe it's a general truism with football managers that their skills in dealing with the media rise and fall in tandem with their team's performances. Worse the performances or results are, the more inept they become at it, the more stupid and irrational the outbursts become.

Guess that's what pressure does for you.

Easy to be slick, articulate and charming when your team is flying high. Having said that of course, not all manage it even then...

getting pissy with the press now. how long until he refuses to do press conferences and sends phil neville out to do them?

I believe it's a general truism with football managers that their skills in dealing with the media rise and fall in tandem with their team's performances. Worse the performances or results are, the more inept they become at it, the more stupid and irrational the outbursts become.

Guess that's what pressure does for you.

Easy to be slick, articulate and charming when your team is flying high. Having said that of course, not all manage it even then...

i thought you were playing well though?

Agree with Valencia and Januzaj, I'm not particularly an Ashley Young fan.

They would do well to have Shaw and Coleman in the full back positions next season, would be money well spent IMO.

You only need to look back at the Spurs v Newcastle game to see how a teams goal can take a peppering and still survive. Who would have thought Krul could have had such a day, one that prompted AVB to say, "it wasn't fair".

Buying Mata is one thing, playing him to get the best out of him is another.

It's ironic that Everton are playing some attractive football and not simply relying on Baines lobbing it in the middle at every opportunity this season.

i thought you were playing well though?

Last game we played well, but got a bad result. Happens. For the season in general, it has either been the performance or the result that hasn't been good. At times both.

i can see the value in trying to develop a siege mentality at this point in fairness. though i don't reckon moyes has got enough of the players on his side to really get one going.