Manchester United

redrus

Considering the awful abject performance, a great result that. Deserved to lose by more. They should really have put the game to bed. As it is, two down at half time, still all there to play for.

Three weeks for us to learn how to play football again.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Got to give it to you rix, your glass is always half full
Well indeed Bob. And why not. More than enough people doing an excellent job of dwelling on the many negatives. May as well focus on the few positives. Another of which is, given the job some teams have of having to score three goals without reply away from home, in Germany and Spain, scoring two goals at home against a Greek side... well, not easy, judging from last night, but still, eminently doable. And if we do succeed in turning it around, last night can and will quickly be forgotten, because it really won't mean a lot, will it.

I'll definitely be tuning in for the second leg. It is a match that could say a lot about the character of this team and where they are at as a unit.

Considering the awful abject performance, a great result that. Deserved to lose by more. They should really have put the game to bed. As it is, two down at half time, still all there to play for.

Three weeks for us to learn how to play football again.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Give me 300k a week and in 3 weeks I'll learn how to be good enough for you! biggrin.png

The only thing pukka about this is the HP sauce runnin' down your chin! tongue.png

What's the difference between Olivia Newton-John and Man United?....... Olivia Newton-John didn't get <deleted>**ed in Greecebiggrin.png

Sorry guys....Couldn't resist that one....No more I promisethumbsup.gif

Edited by wilai
  • Like 2

Oh dear, I don't think this will endear him to his team mates...

Van Persie wasted a good chance to score a vital away goal at the end of the match as the Dutchman put in an uncharacteristically poor display.

The former Arsenal striker, speaking to Dutch broadcaster NOS after the match, said that his cause was not helped by the positioning of some of his team-mates.
"It was quite difficult because my team-mates are often in the area where I want to play," the United striker said.
"That's why I have to change my tactics. Unfortunately, they are often in my area.

Van Persie wasted a good chance to score a vital away goal at the end of the match as the Dutchman put in an uncharacteristically poor display.

The former Arsenal striker, speaking to Dutch broadcaster NOS after the match, said that his cause was not helped by the positioning of some of his team-mates.

"It was quite difficult because my team-mates are often in the area where I want to play," the United striker said.

"That's why I have to change my tactics. Unfortunately, they are often in my area.

You must have been putting in ya curlers and trowling on that slap while we were having a discussion about said subject on page 581 Edited by BangrakBob

Dp Edited by BangrakBob

You must have been putting in ya curlers and trowling on that slap while we were having a discussion about said subject on page 581

Nah was at work, just caught it on Sky News when I got in. That's quite unprofessional of him, Moyes will be livid.

You must have been putting in ya curlers and trowling on that slap while we were having a discussion about said subject on page 581

Nah was at work, just caught it on Sky News when I got in. That's quite unprofessional of him, Moyes will be livid.

Its just the first salvo in his quest to move in the summer IMHO.

• Like 1

Its just the first salvo in his quest to move in the summer IMHO.

That can't be right. I thought all players dreamed of playing at United, not one mercenary among them. Throw them a packet of peanuts and they will stay for their love of the club. :-)

• Like 1

Sky Bet now has Moyes favorite as next manager to be sacked!

mad that. came in to 8/11 last night apparently.

wonder what odds gary neville is to take over in the summer?

"Bros" managing United….surely he wouldn't want to step in this summer, unless of course they unleash the pounds like City did.

"Bros" managing United….surely he wouldn't want to step in this summer, unless of course they unleash the pounds like City did.

They are going to unleash the pounds. Thing is, would you want Moyes to be the one spending it?

Anyway, its not about new signings now at United. That team is totally demoralised, they lost their win mentality and need firm leadership from a manager whose tactical acumen they respect. David Moyes doesn't tick any of those boxes.

They are going to unleash the pounds. Thing is, would you want Moyes to be the one spending it?

Anyway, its not about new signings now at United. That team is totally demoralised, they lost their win mentality and need firm leadership from a manager whose tactical acumen they respect. David Moyes doesn't tick any of those boxes.

This second leg against Olympiakos is going to really test that theory, or then again it might night not…..it's 3 days after they play Liverpool.

I wouldn't want Moyes speeding that cash and I don't know if I'd want Gary Neville as other than talking a good game he has not proven anything yet.

Going to be a very interesting summer to watch this saga unfold…..a bucket of cash, no CL, perhaps a new manager and apparently no decent scouts

World class players probably won't sign without CL football and if you are not in it its much more difficult making quality signings, and in United's case the retirement of ferguson doesn't help. Young players would go to United to learn from him knowing he would probably make them a better player. Ronaldo might well agree with that.

I expect United to come out fighting against Liverpool and Olympiaicos. Anything other than 100% commitment, pressing, chasing down the ball, big tackles, keeping possession (which was pathetic in the 1st leg), anything else is unacceptable and march could well be the defining month for David Moyes. If he gets that reaction from his players he has something to build on. If he doesn't he's finished because he's clearly lost the dressing room.

• Like 1

didn't work. he's still in wonderroy's squad:

Squad
Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC),

That didn't take long.

Roy must have loved that one premier league goal JD scored this season that earn't him a place in the squad.

Or was it a prolific two goals?

So sad that Roy has not taken the opportunity to blood more youngsters for a competition we are unlikely to progress in past the group stage.

Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC),

That didn't take long.

Roy must have loved that one premier league goal JD scored this season that earn't him a place in the squad.

Or was it a prolific two goals?

So sad that Roy has not taken the opportunity to blood more youngsters for a competition we are unlikely to progress in past the group stage.

Totally agree. We should be using this World Cup purely to give the boys of the future the experience they'll need for Euro 2016

• Like 1

Belgium. Dark horses in Brazil.

As for Moyes......the wheels had fallen off before he took over. SAF knew.

The exact opposite of 'stability' was required.

Easy with hindsight eh, more than halfway through the season?

Good point about the opposite of stability being required. i think this is something that most of the United following just hasn't grasped.

The point is this....there was no stability as such under Ferguson. He wouldn't allow it. No ones job was safe and thats what kept dragging his teams through. And every now and again a big name player was disposed of just to remind everyone else that no ones dispensable.

All this stability, six year contract crap is one massive error of judgement. Why give a manager a six year contract? Not necessary. Why did Ferguson pick Moyes?

Stability wins nothing.