Manchester United

redrus

Excuse me if I'm wrong but, I believe Modric went to Real while Fergie was manager...!

Also, don't rule out Ancelotti, if he wins the CL with Real, he may well want a new challenge too and, I agree with the sentiments re the Glazers, I'm certain they would not pay Peps demands. Although he maybe on a reduction after last night.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes he did Rus but Modric did not settle in his first season under Mourinho. Spent most of it benched, and there was a possibility to snap him up. Then of course there was that ridiculous pursuit of Cesc Fabregas.

Since Ancelotti became coach Modric has flourished and the opportunity lost.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Excuse me if I'm wrong but, I believe Modric went to Real while Fergie was manager...!

Also, don't rule out Ancelotti, if he wins the CL with Real, he may well want a new challenge too and, I agree with the sentiments re the Glazers, I'm certain they would not pay Peps demands. Although he maybe on a reduction after last night.

redrus

Yes he did Rus but Modric did not settle in his first season under Mourinho. Spent most of it benched, and there was a possibility to snap him up. Then of course there was that ridiculous pursuit of Cesc Fabregas.

Yep. Missed out on Ozil too.... who Mourinho rated very highly. smile.png

But what does that TWA t know.

thumbsup.gif

( you don't miss any chance to have a swipe at him, do you carmine. laugh.png )

redrus

Yep. Missed out on Ozil too.... who Mourinho rated very highly. smile.png

But what does that TWA t know.

thumbsup.gif

( you don't miss any chance to have a swipe at him, do you carmine. laugh.png )

Generally speaking no, but what i posted is correct and Ancelotti has transformed Modric.

I'm a big fan of carlo Ancelotti and still think it was a woeful decision by Abramovich to sack him theres realistically no chance of United getting him and i reckon Carlo enjoys being able to select from the likes of Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, and Di Maria, he can still use creativity of Modric and Xabi Alonso in the midfield and leave Sami Khedeira on the bench. Quality sides like this win champions leagues so why on earth would he want to go to OT and have Wayne Rooney start telling him what to do!!

Modric was absolute magic at Spurs too.

Wonder what happened there.

smile.png

When we bought him we already knew that Bilic basically built the croatian team around Modric. However the ignorant English football press who are so obsessed with a players height and build all said he was too small. Bilic knows english football from a players perspective and knew Modric would be fine.

Sadly Chelsea and Real Madrid turned his head offering CL football and more than doubling his wages.

He joined Madrid but Mourinho preferred the more physical presence of Sami Khedeira alongside Alonso. Since Carlo Ancelotti rocked up he realized that he could play Alonso and Modric for the extra creativity but still hold onto the defensive needs...as Bayern found out. Modric also had a 97% pass completion that game even though his side only had 31% possession. Phenominal stuff from Modric

Edited by carmine

Seems to be some debate whether UNITED is a tune up or a complete overhaul.

I hear conflicting views about the available assets to work with.

Well theres still some very good players at United. Their demise has been exaggerated by a few months of piss poor management. Yes players need to go, new players need bringing in, but nothing that can't be dealt with if the right appointment is made. It already looks better with the old guard in key coaching positions. Certain talented young players like Jones, Smalling and Welbeck seemed to lose confidence under Moyes so thats only temporary. They just need a sensible appointment imv.

I'd say those are three players where the jury is still out. I think all three have taken a step back this year. Due to Moyes, or are they just not good enough ? Not easy to say, but I'd lean towards all three not having the upside some thought they had.

I agree with Jones and Smalling. They have been hampered by injury and constant rotation on positions as well as not being protected by the midfield. Wellbeck on the other hand as added goals to his performances ( 9 in 23 games)

bayern.lacked. a decent target man/ striker.

They do!! Mario Mandzukic but he got dragged of at half time cause the game was over!

2013/14 German Bundesliga GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS 29 18 4

2013/14 ALL COMPETITIONS

GP G A

Season Totals 42 29 6

Modric was absolute magic at Spurs too.

Wonder what happened there.

smile.png

Ratboy is a fantastic footballer....but still an ugly bugger.

Unfortunately for us he's proven almost impossible to replace.

Ratboy????? Didn't know Modric was a pundit...albeit a very good onebiggrin.png

You lads forgotten where you are again, bring the tangent back again please gents......?

;)

redrus

• Like 1

You lads forgotten where you are again, bring the tangent back again please gents......?

wink.png

redrus

How much do ya reckon to buy Modric this summer then Rus? biggrin.png

wink.png

redrus

Hahaha, nice one mate......

Priceless I'm afraid, really has been the beating heart of that Madrid team, and done it with panache, style n class too, after Mourinho's reluctance to play him he's buzzin at it.

Gotta be a 45/50 mill man, but that don't matter if club n player don't wanna part, and why on Earth would they.

redrus

• Like 1

wink.png

redrus

Hahaha, nice one mate......

Priceless I'm afraid, really has been the beating heart of that Madrid team, and done it with panache, style n class too, after Mourinho's reluctance to play him he's buzzin at it.

Gotta be a 45/50 mill man, but that don't matter if club n player don't wanna part, and why on Earth would they.

redrus

He wasn't sold willingly by us either mate....I'd have his quality any day....but not his attitude.

• Like 1

wink.png

redrus

Good Luck at UNITED Rus.

We look forward to playing against QUALITY opposition in seasons to come.

I want UNITED in Top 4 as soon is possible please.

With metta.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Hahahaha, I'll try, I'm going to a rave for the first time in about 15/20 years.... ;)

redrus

Guardiola talking about Bayern deciding "if I'm the right coach for them". Could Pep be orchestrating an exit ?

Giggs talking about taking a manager's job elsewhere.

Is the plot thickening... or is it just media gruel.

Maybe the class of 92 isn't quite what's needed.

The sooner they bring someone in the better, this is just not Man U. sad.png

Having said that......well done to Sunderland.

Completely agreed. A house cleaning in need to be sure.

Giggs talking about giving contracts to Ferdinand and Evra is insanity.