Manchester United

redrus

You can get 5/1 against Merchandise United winning the league next year.

Not a bad price considering they are probably going to play at least 10-12 games less than their rivals, many of them at the business end of the season.

Actually 6/1 with WH, e/w 1/3rd of the odds for 1-2.

Not that you can do this in Thailand, it would of course be illegal.

Edited by Chicog

If The Old One doesn't perform miracles UNITED could end up playing 38 games less than their rivals.

smile.png

What..... ?

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Off the 3 would suggest that Vidic is the main loss. Rio's legs are gone ,watching him turn is painful.I think he may well link up with Becks in the MLS,can't see him staying in the EPL. Evra has had a better season than last but if the Shaw rumour is true that's a no brainer.Shaw is potentially the best fullback in England,cant believe he is only 18.Jones/Smalling still are relatively young .Smalling is not a right back and he and Jones will not reach their potential for a few years its important United are a little patient with them and Jonny Evans just cant seem to get through a season without a serious injury,hardly played this season.

So what a massive re building job Van Gaal, or whoever comes in has. Similar to Barcleona losing Puyol how do you replace a warrior like him ?

I think Vidic will regret leaving now Moyes has gone, I honestly do and yes, I believe he is the one we should have kept, even if he only played 10 games per season, ala Larry White, great for the kids to learn from.

redrus

The Winners of the Yerpa league get an automatic CL place next year... at the expense of 4th place.

So it is not to be sniffed at.

Except for teams like tottnumb who couldn't win it anyway and have no chance of 4th place because they're perpetually rubbish.

Perhaps your lot should have a go in the Europa and stop wasting everyones time looking out of your depth in the CL?thumbsup.gif

Four Quarter Finals

A Semi Final

A Final

And the rest all qualified for the KO stage bar one.

How's your Champions League record looking carmine?

w00t.gif

How many European trophys have you actually one chic ? and what were they ?

OK. For the unimaginative or intellectually impaired ordained one and the toad:

Will UNITED be competitive against, City, Liverpool, Chelsea smile.png , and Arsenal, in the EPL next season, despite not having the burden of European competition as suggested by chicoq?

Simples.

Probable answer?

I wouldn't put money on it at 5/1, put it that way.

smile.png

I think Vidic will regret leaving now Moyes has gone, I honestly do and yes, I believe he is the one we should have kept, even if he only played 10 games per season, ala Larry White, great for the kids to learn from.

redrus

10 games a season for a 32 year old vidic? why would he do that to himself?

reckon he'll enjoy the next few years and the change of scene in italy myself.

The Winners of the Yerpa league get an automatic CL place next year... at the expense of 4th place.

Except for teams like tottnumb who couldn't win it anyway and have no chance of 4th place because they're perpetually rubbish.

Perhaps your lot should have a go in the Europa and stop wasting everyones time looking out of your depth in the CL?thumbsup.gif

Four Quarter Finals

A Semi Final

A Final

w00t.gif

Check out Mourinho's and Chelsea's European Trophies over the past 10 years for some perspective.

smile.png

van Gaal's European trophy list is quite impressive too.

But not this century. All achieved in the 90's.

biggrin.png

Ancelotti, Mourinho, Guardiola, Wenger, Pellegrini and all the new boys ( BR, RM, DS ) are gonna make it real tough for the Old One, IF he can get into Europe in the first place.

Fact.

If the Glazers earmark a minimum requirement again of top four as was led to believed in the contract of David Moyes then they could be looking for another manager at the end of the season. The new manager has a rather large transition process to take the club through. Funny, the club likes to talk about stability, long term appointments yet they put a clause in a contract that suggests the opposite.

Another area of concern with van Gaal if he is indeed going to be appointed, is dogmatic approach to management. Then draw a comparison with Giggs, Butt and Scholes who have spent most of their professional careers under the direction of Ferguson. i wonder how they will take to the different approach of a guy like van Gaal? They seemingly didn't take to Moyes views, tactics or training methods.

• Like 1

I don't want to be a stick in the mud on the UNITED thread but carmine makes some good points.

List the top european clubs and their managers. Blimey. Impressive or what.

Only ONE team wins the CL.

Chelsea make Semi Final this time and many people say Failure.

It is bldy tough at the top, and it is getting tougher.

SAF knew it was coming.

Good Luck.

Four Quarter Finals

A Semi Final

A Final

w00t.gif

Fairs Cup (which then became the UEFA) 1970.

Cup Winners Cup 1994.

Three harrowing final defeats in the CL, CWC and UEFA but I can't remember the years because I try and block it out and I was at the last one.

biggrin.png

Four Quarter Finals

A Semi Final

A Final

w00t.gif

Fairs Cup (which then became the UEFA) 1970.

Cup Winners Cup 1994.

Three harrowing final defeats in the CL, CWC and UEFA but I can't remember the years because I try and block it out and I was at the last one.

biggrin.png

Fantastic achievement for a club that's consistently in Europe laugh.png

• Like 2

Fantastic achievement for a club that's consistently in Europe laugh.png

Only one team can win. I wish it were better but it is what it is.

Just saw Van Gaal in a press conference. They asked him when a deal will be done. He said "Ask Manchester". Then a pregnant pause. "Or another club".

blink.png

He's playing the media, happily.

redrus

Or he wants some sort of European football and the tiny totts have upped the ante. Or perhaps the Real Madrid job if it goes tits up for them.

Edited by Chicog

So, who should we offload prior to next season?

I can think of 8-9 players.

Why don't you list them Travel and we can compare ?? facepalm.gif

BT biggrin.png

Keep the young fella JJ, Mata, Rooney, De Gea.....<deleted> the rest off

• Like 1