Manchester United

redrus

Can't believe you jammy twa-ts are 3rd in the league or that I stay up to watch that

Nowt jammy Bob, we a're quiet solid as a team but just lacking flair and creativity, nice to have Young back gives us something different.

• Like 1

Can't believe you jammy twa-ts are 3rd in the league or that I stay up to watch that

Nowt jammy Bob, we a're quiet solid as a team but just lacking flair and creativity, nice to have Young back gives us something different.

There's been some jammy late wins though, not that yesterday was but yes it was proper boring that first half. I didn't stay tuned for the second half. Amazing how Young seemed to be on his way out last season, but is the one thing that LVG has managed to revive.

• Like 1

There's been some jammy late wins though, not that yesterday was but yes it was proper boring that first half. I didn't stay tuned for the second half. Amazing how Young seemed to be on his way out last season, but is the one thing that LVG has managed to revive.

And let's not forget Fellaini too. I think that Evans might be a stretch though!

• Like 1

Let's be fair he has ruined more players than has improved under him, look at Raphael Rooney Evans just to name a few, also imho letting go of Welbeck and Hernandez left us with lack of pace up front, he has done good clearing some of the deadwood but some he let go to early.

Sorry to disagree Nev but Welbeck and Chicarito were not up to scratch and rightly so shown the door-Raphael unfortunately has never curbed his impetuousness-great at going forward but defencibly rather rash at times, as for Jonny Evans I would agree he,s gone backwards and couldn,t hit a barn door with a pass,but its not LVG making the pass is it? Unless RVP improves vastly I would offload him also at season end as for Falcao at the present valuation I would say no way.

Agreed , he surprised everyone . LVG has vastly encouraged him into the player he once was .

Let's be fair he has ruined more players than has improved under him, look at Raphael Rooney Evans just to name a few, also imho letting go of Welbeck and Hernandez left us with lack of pace up front, he has done good clearing some of the deadwood but some he let go to early.

You can add Di Maria and Januzaj to that list. Both are shadows of their former selves.

Do you think van Gaal will be fired if you don't make the CL bearing in mind the quality of your football/money spent? I would have thought he'd be given until next christmas to show a marked improvement in the playing style.

You can add Di Maria and Januzaj to that list. Both are shadows of their former selves.

Do you think van Gaal will be fired if you don't make the CL bearing in mind the quality of your football/money spent? I would have thought he'd be given until next christmas to show a marked improvement in the playing style.

He won't get the sack, he has lost once in the last 20 games, and in the last 15 premier league games no one has amassed more points than us, but as you say the play has been boring to watch if we start to play good football and add the right players we need in the summer we will challenge for the title again.

I think we will finish top 4 so he will keep his job and lead us to better thimgs next season.

He won't get the sack, he has lost once in the last 20 games, and in the last 15 premier league games no one has amassed more points than us, but as you say the play has been boring to watch if we start to play good football and add the right players we need in the summer we will challenge for the title again.

I think we will finish top 4 so he will keep his job and lead us to better thimgs next season.

Call me pedantic but I'm sure LFC amassed 1 more point than United in the last 15 league matches. As a side note also played 24 matches in 4 competitions as apposed to United's 19 in 2 competitions.

In the run in you've got Spurs, City and Arsenal at home. Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool away along with a couple of other tricky away fixtures. You'll do well to make the top 4.

Edited by BangrakBob

Call me pedantic but I'm sure LFC amassed 1 more point than United in the last 15 league matches. As a side note also played 24 matches in 4 competitions as apposed to United's 19 in 2 competitions.

In the run in you've got Spurs, City and Arsenal at home. Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool away along with a couple of other tricky away fixtures. You'll do well to make the top 4.

Last 15 games United w 10 d 4 l 1.34 pts, Liverpool w8 d 4 l 3. 28p pts. ?.

Well we are in 3rd above your lot by 5pts I think we will finish above you, you will be busy with the Europa league we can rest.

Last 15 games United w 10 d 4 l 1.34 pts, Liverpool w8 d 4 l 3. 28p pts. ?.

Well we are in 3rd above your lot by 5pts I think we will finish above you, you will be busy with the Europa league we can rest.

We have 31 points, I stand corrected otherwise.

If you look at those last 15 games of yours, the significant team you beat was Arsenal, that was it. Out of those games I mentioned above it will be tough for you to get more than 6 points from the 18 available, 5 points is nowt.

If United finish in the top four it will have a fair deal to do with the extra european and cup fixtures that might undue the chasing pack. A point i think that would be acknowledged by almost everyone although United do have a tough run in as Bob says. It really is very tight. It could go either way for United and if they start to click and get some pace and fluency then they will be one of the favourites but i just can't see them grinding it through that tough league run in the way they have been playing. United owe a lot of points due to fine goalkeeping, as Spurs do but van Gaal seems determined to confuse and over complicate his midfield. If he stuck to a 442/4411 with Rooney in behind a striker in a formation the players are comfortable in you might well cruise it but he's seems wrongly stubborn and set in his dutch ways. And if Falcao and van Persie aren't firing give the lad wilson a run. He looks a really good prospect.

Surely those who were against technology being used are getting swayed to the advantages now. Previously that would have been argued by players it was a goal, or pleading no it wasn't and the game possibly stopped. However, now with the technology the game just carries on, with no stopping unless the ref gets the confirmation on his watch.

3 shot on target with the forwards costing millions is a joke . I don't think United will qualify for the champion League next season. They are simply not good enough . Arsenal and Liverpool is getting better and better as season comes to near end . They are able to win in away matches whereas United get only a draws . I don't blame Van Gaal , he was given a squad expecting a instant success . Seems unfair on him and Moyes , Sir Alex was spared for four years , he had to do a rebuilding job to do at Old Trafford . Even if United bought Messi or Ronaldo last summer , they would be in the same place as today . Problem at Old Trafford is there is no rhythm and confidences . Sorry for my stupid rants . Just wanted to speak my mind . I don't mind waiting for success for another year or two. At least United gave us a joy for last two decades , privileges to witness those in my lifetime .

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Totally disjointed performance from United again.With the possession they enjoyed and not to even get a point is more than disappointing although you can't legislate for the deflection that Swansea got for the second goal.

We have some fine individual players but team work is non existent and the half chances VP had last night would have been in the back of the net previously.

Not much more LVG can do. A lot of pundits were full of praise for Rooney being moved further forward but did it really make much difference ? the understanding required between the front men is just not there and little creativity from midfield.All these years and we still have not replaced Paul Scholes's vision.

4th place is now looking very shaky which will make it even harder to bring in new players that are going to make a difference.The rot set in with SAF taking his eye of the ball during his final months at United, that's when players should have been replaced and they never were.The Moyes era further extended the problem and now United are playing catch up.

Totally disjointed performance from United again.With the possession they enjoyed and not to even get a point is more than disappointing although you can't legislate for the deflection that Swansea got for the second goal.

We have some fine individual players but team work is non existent and the half chances VP had last night would have been in the back of the net previously.

Not much more LVG can do. A lot of pundits were full of praise for Rooney being moved further forward but did it really make much difference ? the understanding required between the front men is just not there and little creativity from midfield.All these years and we still have not replaced Paul Scholes's vision.

4th place is now looking very shaky which will make it even harder to bring in new players that are going to make a difference.The rot set in with SAF taking his eye of the ball during his final months at United, that's when players should have been replaced and they never were.The Moyes era further extended the problem and now United are playing catch up.

I'll go with most of that Sparkles. Rooney some good slick one touch play and keeping it moving but really RVP too greedy sometimes. Should've squared the ball instead of blasting over & another time given it back to ADM instead of blasting wide.

Typical sucker punch knocked the wind out of us.

On the whole I thought we looked much better apart from far too much catching practice for Fabianski & not taking enough shots to test the keeper. I think Fellaini and ADM had a couple of great chances to shoot that were better than running the ball too far.

biggrin.png

Swansea were lucky?

Pass me the popcorn!

biggrin.png

Swansea were lucky?

Pass me the popcorn!

I was hoping that Utd would win so that MrRed would come back biggrin.png