Manchester United

redrus

Well now diMaria has had almost a season to settle in, maybe he will start showing why he cost almost 60 million? What I've seen so far he's just an average PL player. Falcao relegated to the bench, now he has an excuse not to buy him......easing him out gradually.

I'm not convinced by van Gaal, he has spent so much money and yet plays Man U style just like West Ham used to.

Well now diMaria has had almost a season to settle in, maybe he will start showing why he cost almost 60 million? What I've seen so far he's just an average PL player. Falcao relegated to the bench, now he has an excuse not to buy him......easing him out gradually.

I'm not convinced by van Gaal, he has spent so much money and yet plays Man U style just like West Ham used to.

Why spend 60m on a world class player and persistently play him out of position? Hard to blame the player. He was and still is a quality signing but needs to be played where he's most effective. Similar to the nonsense of playing Rooney deep in the midfield who's now only had one shot on target this year but atleast played more forward yesterday.

Seems hard to blame the players imho. They are all showing fight but being played all wrong. The questions lie at the managers door.

Edited by carmine

Why spend 60m on a world class player and persistently play him out of position? Hard to blame the player. He was and still is a quality signing but needs to be played where he's most effective. Similar to the nonsense of playing Rooney deep in the midfield who's now only had one shot on target this year but atleast played more forward yesterday.

Seems hard to blame the players imho. They are all showing fight but being played all wrong. The questions lie at the managers door.

Agree with what you wrote, but somehow I don't think di Maria is up for it, maybe the shock of not being given the freedom to play the way he did at RM where he was outstanding. Somehow, I think he will be off at the end of the season along with Falcao. It seems Mr VG has become a fan of the long high ball, which surely can't be going down well with the Man U fans and whilst they are still in the top four I guess it will be OK.

They need a good young centre forward for the future, maybe a certain HK might end up there. wink.png

Agree with what you wrote, but somehow I don't think di Maria is up for it, maybe the shock of not being given the freedom to play the way he did at RM where he was outstanding. Somehow, I think he will be off at the end of the season along with Falcao. It seems Mr VG has become a fan of the long high ball, which surely can't be going down well with the Man U fans and whilst they are still in the top four I guess it will be OK.

They need a good young centre forward for the future, maybe a certain HK might end up there. wink.png

Sorry he's now on a 35 year contract ! biggrin.png

• Like 2

Call me pedantic but I'm sure LFC amassed 1 more point than United in the last 15 league matches. As a side note also played 24 matches in 4 competitions as apposed to United's 19 in 2 competitions.

In the run in you've got Spurs, City and Arsenal at home. Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool away along with a couple of other tricky away fixtures. You'll do well to make the top 4.

Last 15 games United w 10 d 4 l 1.34 pts, Liverpool w8 d 4 l 3. 28p pts. ?.

Well we are in 3rd above your lot by 5pts I think we will finish above you, you will be busy with the Europa league we can rest.

Still fancy that nev? if so how about a friendly wager? thumbsup.gif

Edited by BangrakBob

If that performance is anything to go by then Di Maria will be off in the summer. LvG should stop his wages!

Di Maria will be at United a long time unless someone stumps up big money he is quality and has showed that already,Van Gaal playing him all over the show is to blame for the players loss of confidence.

He will come good hopefully tonight......says something when Falcao is dropped to the bench and replaced by Felliani who will be up top him or Rooney???

Must win for LVG this is

Long ball game.

Edited by MrRed

I endured 90+ minutes of that. Another boring rabbit pulled out of the hat by LVG. While acknowledging glass houses, how do y'all stomach that week after week ?

Yet they continue to grind out scrappy wins. There just seems to be enough world class players to keep getting LvG and his long ball game out of the shit, and as with Spurs they have a world class keeper making crucial saves to secure wins.

I personally think United's top four aspirations rest in them beating their immediate rivals as neither Liverpool or Arsenal show any sign of weakening.

Spurs are too young and inexperienced to have the consistency required in all likelihood, but we are at OT in a couple of weeks so we'll see!

I endured 90+ minutes of that. Another boring rabbit pulled out of the hat by LVG. While acknowledging glass houses, how do y'all stomach that week after week ?

Yet they continue to grind out scrappy wins. There just seems to be enough world class players to keep getting LvG and his long ball game out of the shit, and as with Spurs they have a world class keeper making crucial saves to secure wins.

I personally think United's top four aspirations rest in them beating their immediate rivals as neither Liverpool or Arsenal show any sign of weakening.

Spurs are too young and inexperienced to have the consistency required in all likelihood, but we are at OT in a couple of weeks so we'll see!

Playing like they are, don't see much to sing about between now and West Brom May 2nd and by then it will be too late.

If that performance is anything to go by then Di Maria will be off in the summer. LvG should stop his wages!

It was only 2 weeks ago you said this:

Hard to blame the player. He was and still is a quality signing but needs to be played where he's most effective

• Like 1

It was only 2 weeks ago you said this:

Hard to blame the player. He was and still is a quality signing but needs to be played where he's most effective

You clearly didn't realize that when i made the most recent comment about not paying his wages he had been played back in his normal position!

That made it inexcusable. thumbsup.gif

Newcastle United's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans have been charged with spitting by the Football Association.

Cisse, 29, had earlier apologised for his part in the incident, which happened during Manchester United's 1-0 win at Newcastle on Wednesday.

Defender Evans, 27, has denied deliberately spitting at Cisse.

Both players face a six-game ban if found guilty and have until 18:00 GMT on Friday to respond to the charge.

To be honest Evans should get ten for being a liar.

• Like 2

Papiss Cisse has accepted a Football Association charge for allegedly spitting at Manchester United's Jonny Evans and faces a possible seven-match ban.

The Newcastle striker and the Manchester United defender were charged with breaching FA rule E1[a] following an incident in Wednesday night's Barclays Premier League clash between the clubs at St James' Park which was not seen by the match officials.

Cisse's prospective punishment is one game higher than the standard tariff for spitting, due to an earlier sending-off this season.

But his stance was unsurprising given he released a contrite statement earlier on Thursday, a marked contrast to the position of Evans, who categorically denied spitting at his opponent in an account released by the Red Devils. Evans has until 6pm on Friday to answer his charge.

Fair play to him, at least he accepted his punishment like a man.

Evans gets six match ban........

Gutted. Now if you just take van Gaal out of the equation you'll cruise to a top four! A view supposedly now held by Ryan Giggs.

The manner in which Louis has destroyed Di Maria is truly astonishing isn't it!!

Sorry lads, just my pre match build up! thumbsup.gif

Dear me. 2 dirty diver bookings at home. Would never have happened in SAF's days ... ref's pre-briefing would have seen to thatwhistling.gif

MOM = Michael Oliver

Only Blackburn can stop us nowtongue.png

high drama indeed and have to say on the night the arse wipes deserved it,,, just. It just aint working for tia maria, though great ball in 4 rooneys goal. felt for valencia thought considering he's gone from a central ish striker @ wigan to right bac nowc, he's making a decent job of his new role, the pass bac,,, carelesss but i've seen worse go unpunished ,, and it just had to be wellbeck,,,:o again watching giggs and van galls body language it just aint right between them

anyway an enjoyable game to

watch

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Giggs is used to United playing expensive pacey football throughout his career. He will also be aware how dreadful van Gaal has deployed Di Maris in a compressed midfield devoid of any space. He's having to watch a highly talent midfield reduced to static long ball hoofing upfield to Fellaini who increasingly looks like the teams being built around him!

I'm not surprised if the body language between them looks suspect. Every United fan i know is very unimpressed with van Gaal. I find it quite inconceivable that Giggs would agree with these team formations and the resulting style of play.

btw, loved the comment the other day from van Gaal bemoaning the fact that he doesn't have a twenty goal a season striker!!! Perhaps he needs to been shown the stats over the past few years for van Persie Rooney and Falcao.

high drama indeed and have to say on the night the arse wipes deserved it,,, just. It just aint working for tia maria, though great ball in 4 rooneys goal. felt for valencia thought considering he's gone from a central ish striker @ wigan to right bac nowc, he's making a decent job of his new role, the pass bac,,, carelesss but i've seen worse go unpunished ,, and it just had to be wellbeck,,,ohmy.png again watching giggs and van galls body language it just aint right between them

anyway an enjoyable game to

watch

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Valencia was always a right winger at Wigan, never a "central isn striker"

I reckon they are yours for the taking carmine.

They can't even buy refs any more.

Oh we'll be going up there for the three points for sure. It would be our third win on the bounce up at the Theatre of Broken Dreams, i believe.

We'll see!!! That keeper of theirs takes some beating mind, but as you rightly say, they've never properly replaced Howard Webb and it shows.

Come to think of it, David De Gea is a fair shout for player of the season.

Giggs is used to United playing expensive pacey football throughout his career. He will also be aware how dreadful van Gaal has deployed Di Maris in a compressed midfield devoid of any space. He's having to watch a highly talent midfield reduced to static long ball hoofing upfield to Fellaini who increasingly looks like the teams being built around him!

I'm not surprised if the body language between them looks suspect. Every United fan i know is very unimpressed with van Gaal. I find it quite inconceivable that Giggs would agree with these team formations and the resulting style of play.

btw, loved the comment the other day from van Gaal bemoaning the fact that he doesn't have a twenty goal a season striker!!! Perhaps he needs to been shown the stats over the past few years for van Persie Rooney and Falcao.

Giggs is also used to playing "expansive" football. God i hate this spellcheck!

Edited by carmine