Manchester United

redrus

Graham Poll on Zlatans thrown elbow:
Referees look for the assailant to 'seek out' their opponent, which Ibrahimovic does. To gauge the severity of an elbow incident, you look at the fist, which Zlatan had clenched. When jumping and using arms for leverage, you have an open palm. If you want power through your elbow, you clench your fist. It is inconceivable that Ibrahimovic's elbow was not deliberate. 

inconceivable!

So The Zlatan rightly got a 3 game ban. It's expected Mings will get a longer ban but was one incident worse than the other; you could argue Zlats was worse as he clearly was looking to get his revenge.

I'm a big fan of this retrospective review though the threat you might be seen and banned doesn't seem to stop players from taking the chance they'll end up on the naughty step for a few games.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So The Zlatan rightly got a 3 game ban. It's expected Mings will get a longer ban but was one incident worse than the other; you could argue Zlats was worse as he clearly was looking to get his revenge.

I'm a big fan of this retrospective review though the threat you might be seen and banned doesn't seem to stop players from taking the chance they'll end up on the naughty step for a few games.

Whats the point in procrastinating over whether an elbow is worse than a stamp?  Just hand out two three match bans and move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

no way should mings' ban be longer. that would be merciless.

Exactly.  Pending on the contact either the stamp or elbow could have been more dangerous and regardless, both were totally intentional.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Whats the point in procrastinating over whether an elbow is worse than a stamp?

I don't think they are procrastinating over that, the panel are just following due process. They go off in their own little room and watch every incident reported and decide if there is a charge or not. I think they have to do that within 2 days. Then, if there is a charge, they issue it and wait for a response within a given time. Zlatan has accepted his and got a 3 match ban but I believe Mings has (or is intending to) appeal.

There we have it. Zlatan 3 match ban and Mings 5 match ban.

In their statement, the FA said: "The FA has submitted a claim that the standard punishment that would otherwise apply for the misconduct committed by the Bournemouth defender is 'clearly insufficient'."

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Translated: " Man Utd are a big club and some of their team play for England; Bournemouth are small fry who had the cheek to question our wisdom and judgement."

20 minutes ago, champers said:

Translated: " Man Utd are a big club and some of their team play for England; Bournemouth are small fry who had the cheek to question our wisdom and judgement."

Yep. Think that's a very apt summary champers

UEFA have declared the pitch for tonight playable,hardly a ringing endorsement for a surface that resembles a cow paddock.Time has come when clubs should be required to provide a certain standard even if it is Europa League and yes it is the same for both sides but not for the quality football that is expected to be seen

13 hours ago, champers said:

13 hours ago, champers said:

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. Think that's a very apt summary champers

there is a massive difference between almost taking someones face off full studded stomping on their head and someone feeling aggrieved afterwards and pushing an elbow out while in the air, not defending the elbow were there was no injury but some serious damage could have been done stomping on someones head - and he knew exactly where his foot was going and made no attempt to avoid the player on the ground..................that is why he got a 5 match ban   

18 hours ago, champers said:

that plus "and we don't want that shouty mr mourinho complaining about us in the media again so let's not upset him". 

On 18/03/2017 at 5:24 PM, BangrakBob said:

I see United are finally out of 6th spot ?

Another gem from one of our many friends from down the East Lancs road,yes spot on Bob :clap2:

Just relieved to get the three points as we were looking tired throughout,great goal by Lingard :thumbsup:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, petermik said:

Another gem from one of our many friends from down the East Lancs road,yes spot on Bob :clap2:

Just relieved to get the three points as we were looking tired throughout,great goal by Lingard :thumbsup:

If they are tired they are not fit enough.  No excuse for that.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

You reds on here are so fair weather. 

some big games coming up, I guess we won't see you to the summer ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

I,m here in Thailand ALL the time and its summer every day :thumbsup:

Don't talk to me about summer,  it's 38 C today and it's only 2 weeks in to spring :saai:

I like your style though petermik, enjoy the Thai sunshine :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 19/03/2017 at 0:24 AM, BangrakBob said:

I see United are finally out of 6th spot ?

Fairweather? 6th spot? :whistling:

Come on Bob you know we are eventually going to be above you again very possibly this season in the league.

I will just remind you that when you are Manchester United every game is a big game :smile:

Cup winners this season already..... quarter finalists in Europe and STILL in the shout for a Champions League position!!

Hows your season panning out? Still the boards fault is it or is Klipperty back in favour?