Manchester United

redrus

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Can't help thinking that if Mourinho sets up to attack us on sunday and plays a certain attacking three United could cause us problems and demonstrate they have the players to play fast fluid football.  Doubt he will but the talent is there.  As everything is now seemingly resting on a win in Stockholm its a gilt edged opportunity to go out and really give it a go.

I expect a second string team set to defend deeply.

Mourinho getting an awful lot of abuse from United fans on Twitter, so he'll be delighted with the faith and support he's getting on here.  

Over there doesn't sound like they are happy at all. Don't blame them, what with the cost cost of traveling and the ticket to watch that, a very expensive day out to watch that.  And the finals not until the 25th!!  Totally unnecessary and the least he could have done on our final game was graced us with a competitive performance.:sad:

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

On 14/5/2560 at 3:14 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

Well with Pogba and the broomstick both out will we be seeing Rooney in midfiend today?

I hope so lol.

I was fixated by Rooney's latest perm. His scrub looked like  a monk in "Name of the Rose".

• Like 1

Appears the extension to his contract that Michael Carrick wanted will happen sooner than later.

Not the dominating player he once was but a cool head that can maybe play 30 + games in a season

and no better presence to have in the dressing room.

I sincerely hope Rooney will see his time is up and move on and give the fans the chance to say goodbye in the appropriate manner

I can't remember an outstanding player, that his record shows he was, losing his game as quickly as he has.Burnout ?

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, carmine said:

Mourinho getting an awful lot of abuse from United fans on Twitter, so he'll be delighted with the faith and support he's getting on here.  

Over there doesn't sound like they are happy at all. Don't blame them, what with the cost cost of traveling and the ticket to watch that, a very expensive day out to watch that.  And the finals not until the 25th!!  Totally unnecessary and the least he could have done on our final game was graced us with a competitive performance.:sad:

And I couldnt believe Spurs could only win by a single goal.What would you be saying if Rasford had put that chance away in the last couple of minutes and nicked a draw ?

Anyway not all bad news the Under 23 's made up for it with a victory over Spurs at OT with young Josh Harrop getting a brilliant hat trick, been on my radar for a while that boy perhaps we can sell him and buy him back in a couple of seasons

Appears the extension to his contract that Michael Carrick wanted will happen sooner than later.

Not the dominating player he once was but a cool head that can maybe play 30 + games in a season

and no better presence to have in the dressing room.

I sincerely hope Rooney will see his time is up and move on and give the fans the chance to say goodbye in the appropriate manner

I can't remember an outstanding player, that his record shows he was, losing his game as quickly as he has.Burnout ?

Many 'experts' said Rooney was the type of player that would suffer from burnout at the start of his career due to his physique. I watched some of his videos of goals and assists from his first 10 years at OT, to reminisce, absolutely fantastic team player. I would rather he left before he suffers any more decline but you never know, he could get a second wind...

1 hour ago, DMC1 said:

Many 'experts' said Rooney was the type of player that would suffer from burnout at the start of his career due to his physique. I watched some of his videos of goals and assists from his first 10 years at OT, to reminisce, absolutely fantastic team player. I would rather he left before he suffers any more decline but you never know, he could get a second wind...

Hasn't he had a second wind about 3 times already ? :biggrin:

• Like 1

not playing enough attacking football because they have nobody to attack with, that leaves every team they play to attack with pretty much no risk, said it before and here we go again

MU currently  have a pile of "nearly" goal scorers  - every team they play know that - if they had 2-3 known effective goal scorers then the dynamic would be totally different.

AS it stands  - until MU gets an effective front end with the ability to score goals then every team they play will exploit that huge weakness ..................and the weakness is massive, it effects the whole team right across the board........................they have nobody that can put the ball in the net and present a threat, the front should be at least a confident effective pair, not one single player who is looking for a lucky ball and offering no threat at all, currently Martial is useless, he may be good with the right pairing but I just don't see 

up front excluding Rashford. and a couple of others .............they all need to go......................bye bye.....MU needs goal scorers not "nearly" goal scorers ..........................the teams they play have taken advantage of that  fact.............MU just don't have people who can put the ball in the net, they have nearlies and Ibro was effective, there is a huge very obvious gap there 

14 hours ago, Sparkles said:

And I couldnt believe Spurs could only win by a single goal.What would you be saying if Rasford had put that chance away in the last couple of minutes and nicked a draw ?

Anyway not all bad news the Under 23 's made up for it with a victory over Spurs at OT with young Josh Harrop getting a brilliant hat trick, been on my radar for a while that boy perhaps we can sell him and buy him back in a couple of seasons

Can't disagree with that.  Its one thing to be cruising but that started too early.  I don't think Ashford had any real chance of getting to that one but point taken.

Ajax is not a bad team in Europe, they have some decent in form strikers, unlike United. I predict a tight final , and maybe Ajax will win it on the night.

Seems like utd have 2  very decent goalkeepers. Sounds like real madrid are gonna be looking this summer to sign a replacement, your no 2 has impressed. 2 me he looks more than capable of taking over the no 1 spot if he decides to go home to spain.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

My mouth is watering at the thought

I'm not sure I mean if utd fail to win the uefa then that eases the pressure on Pep and he has it way too easy already so for me even as a die hard super real red I want utd to win it and I want them at their best because when we brush them aside like we did city arsenal Chelsea and all the top teams this season. There will be no excuses next season and beyond.

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Seems like utd have 2  very decent goalkeepers. Sounds like real madrid are gonna be looking this summer to sign a replacement, your no 2 has impressed. 2 me he looks more than capable of taking over the no 1 spot if he decides to go home to spain.

I reckon United are in a strong negotiating position to sign James Rodrigues by using De Gea as bait.  Rumours abound that this guys going to be one of Mourinho's marquee signings and a great addition he would be.  

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Same with City fans :thumbsup:

And Leeds fans!!  

Other than that this trumped up nonsense made up by Ferguson is what it is, nonsense as proven in a poll days before the 1999 final when half or more fans polled said they would be supporting United.  

It was just a clever part of his siege mentality strategy,  bought into by United fans helping them to create this abu twaddle that made them feel a little bit precious and special.  Ah bless!!

For the record, if United go out and play attacking football, really go for it, which they have the capability in the players at his disposal,  i'll be supporting them but if they continue playing the manner in which Mourinho seems to have adopted i won't because i want to see a game played worthy of a final, and i don't see anything wrong with that. 

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I can't think in my lifetime of any "die hard red" that would want United to win!!!  Its totally unthinkable.  So, remind me again where you're from?  The black country, right?  Fundamentally, you just don't understand.

Objectively speaking Ajax winning will be better for us in the CL play-off draw, if we get that last spot like. 

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Objectively speaking Ajax winning will be better for us in the CL play-off draw, if we get that last spot like. 

Objectively yes, but.........who will you be supporting?  In normal circumstances, the mere of Ferguson would make United more appealing to the neutral, but Mourinho!!