Manchester United

redrus

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

it will take mourinho at least another year/season to get even close to the team that he wants, all considered they are doing pretty good so far to be in the top four

Missing one or two players should never have the impact it is having on any top notch team so there is a very obvious issue that will need at least another season to address. 

I'd have thought the people signing the cheques will want to know exactly how much more its going to cost them to get where he wants them to be.  Sounds reasonable, considering how much has already been spent.  From the outside and seeing the squad he has at his disposal its difficult to see where the issues are.

5 minutes ago, petermik said:

Enjoyed the game,no complaints at all on the result....it will have pleased a lot of the "contributers" on here, who will know doubt give their expert unbiased opinions as to why :whistling:

Long way to go yet until next May :thumbsup:

Theres always one.  You are wonderfully out of step with most United fans i know but then again so you were too with Moyes.  No surprises then.  Yes its a long time till may, painfully long if you're a OT season ticket holder, which i very much doubt you are.

Edited by carmine

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Theres always one.  You are wonderfully out of step with most United fans i know but then again so you were too with Moyes.  No surprises then.  Yes its a long time till may, painfully long if you're a OT season ticket holder, which i very much doubt you are.

How can I be a season ticket holder at OT..........been living here in Thailand nearly four years.......numpty :whistling:

On 11/5/2017 at 11:33 AM, BangrakBob said:

Erm I think you are getting your past and present tense mixed up... 

Not really Bob......three lots of silverware last season......or don,t these count?.........when was the last time your lot won two cups in the same season.........and lets not mention the 26 years of Premiership trophies you have missed out on shall we....:whistling:

38 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I have no delusions about our lack of recent success, you can see me "moaning" about it regularly on the Liverpool thread.

You said "when you are number one", I think the last time you were number one was 5 years ago, you've been 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th recently. Maybe you should have said "when you are number 6" being the most recent achievement. You cling to those 2 mickey mouse cups though...

He still has his man love for Moyes too.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

it will take mourinho at least another year/season to get even close to the team that he wants, all considered they are doing pretty good so far to be in the top four

Missing one or two players should never have the impact it is having on any top notch team so there is a very obvious issue that will need at least another season to address. 

last nites loss to C/sea who are struggling to keep in the top four, is surely a strong indicator that Mou   has not moved  M/U   in the right direction for a serious assult to win the EPL in his second year as manager   which is his bench mark  at previous clubs   it seems at this early stage of the season he is clearly lacking progress  to launch  such a assult with the present squad available.  and a top four is the best option  and on present form thats no gimme either  see how it pans out as the season progresses  but no top four and a early exit from C/L last 16,  no third season for Mou is my call

Mou in my view  made a  right mug of himself    last nite   shaking hands with his former C/sea  players   as they were leaving the tunnell to walk onto the pitch ( would never see  Fergie do that  )and snubbed Hazard,  which would only  motivate him     to have a good game,  which he did    after the match fair enuff , but this mind game backfired on him , a loss to the enemy  a nice afternoon to all

Well, if the papers are right, which is of course a big IF, and Mourinho is engineering a move as he did from Chelsea, then United have the opportunity to get Carlo Ancelotti!  

Judging from United fans internet forum input most would be thoroughly delighted with this scenario...attractive flowing football and better results quite likely.  One thing seems quite certain, if he'd had the kind of backing Mourinho has received at United, Ancelotti would not have left Bayern.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Judging from United fans internet forum input most would be thoroughly delighted with this scenario...attractive flowing football and better results quite likely.  One thing seems quite certain, if he'd had the kind of backing Mourinho has received at United, Ancelotti would not have left Bayern.

More crap.......:whistling:

IF   in the event Mou of looking for another gig    Poch  would be short priced favourite to take his seat  and would break  his  Silverware duck in quick time ,with  the  M/U financial clout  behind  him  ,whilst he is with that   4 by 2  Chairman  who pays his players peanuts , Poch  is on a hiding to nothing ,or even C/sea may be   his next destination:smile:

25 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

IF   in the event Mou of looking for another gig    Poch  would be short priced favourite to take his seat  and would break  his  Silverware duck in quick time ,with  the  M/U financial clout  behind  him  ,whilst he is with that   4 by 2  Chairman  who pays his players peanuts , Poch  is on a hiding to nothing ,or even C/sea may be   his next destination:smile:

Not going anywhere in the short term and after that it will be one of the clubs he has an affinity with such as RM, PSG.

Anyway nice to see that you finally  see the relationship between winning thing's and spending money and strange that you say Poch would win something in quick time as a couple of weeks ago you didn't rate him, must have a short memory :smile:

Edited by alfieconn

14 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Can't really argue with that, the only question being would he want to leave.

37 minutes ago, carmine said:

I can't see Pochy going anywhere as long as Levy doesn't hold a fire sale rather than keep Harry and some others. A big IF to be sure. Levy and the big man in the Bahamas will have to be willing to do what's necessary to be consistently in the top 4.

21 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Not going anywhere in the short term and after that it will be one of the clubs he has an affinity with such as RM, PSG.

Anyway nice to see that you finally  see the relationship between winning thing's and spending money and strange that you say Poch would win something in quick time as a couple of weeks ago you didn't rate him, must have a short memory :smile:

nice to see u are out of your cave cobber:smile:, you can only rate a manager on his C.V..acheivements, which i only have done, u got a dog of a chairman who has  held back Totts   from going to the next level,  and   he finally  gets a potential a top manager(Poch) he will lose him because of well documented thriftness in all areas,   its not about your money shit that you keep carpet bombing this board on, its about getting  a act together  to go to the next level  ,and the reward is more loot to spend, then u are with  the clubs who u despise of  for doing so  get it Alfie

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

to start  a  C.V. with greater financial backing   then   your baldy headed 4 by 2  dog   (  who thinks he is King Shit) is presently giving ,

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"you can only rate a manager on his C.V..acheivements". Fair point. Poch looks a good manager but his managerial trophy cabinet is as empty as mine.

Oh fair point is.......so you rate Bobby De Matteo as a better manager than Pochettino......how the football world would howl at your logic!!!!!!

Edited by mrbojangles
Corrected quote
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

nice to see u are out of your cave cobber:smile:, you can only rate a manager on his C.V..acheivements, which i only have done, u got a dog of a chairman who has  held back Totts   from going to the next level,  and   he finally  gets a potential a top manager(Poch) he will lose him because of well documented thriftness in all areas,   its not about your money shit that you keep carpet bombing this board on, its about getting  a act together  to go to the next level  ,and the reward is more loot to spend, then u are with  the clubs who u despise of  for doing so  get it Alfie

to start  a  C.V. with greater financial backing   then   your baldy headed 4 by 2  dog   (  who thinks he is King Shit) is presently giving ,

Poch  would be short priced favourite to take his seat  and would break  his  Silverware duck in quick time ,with  the  M/U financial clout  behind  him

So because you can only rate a manager on his CV achievements you don't rate Poch but you rate him enough to say he would break his duck in quick time !!!   :cheesy:

And it's not about the money but he would break his duck with the MU financial clout behind him :cheesy:

Anyway have a good day cobber, have a good arvo  :smile:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, evenstevens said:

B/B   not very nice at all,   but par for the course from this  troll contributer and a <deleted> to go with it

Still, you must feel pretty stupid when you read Alfie's reply to your ridiculous post regards our manager, so i suppose a little irritation is understandable.  

And referring to others as a troll makes you sound even more ridiculous.  Bit like pot calling the kettle black.  

22 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Where does ES get this crap from, is he constantly out of his head ?  and why does Levy think he is King shit, what ever that is !!!

Edited by alfieconn

Somebody mentioned "...Bobby De Matteo as a better manager than Pochettino..."

Better or not is debatable but Roberto Di Matteo has done a few things of note (see below) while Poch's has won nothing to date.

Milton Keynes Dons
In his only season at stadium mk, Di Matteo led his team to third place in League One behind Leicester City and Peterborough United.

West Bromwich Albion
In his first season, the team finished second in the Championship, behind Newcastle United, and won automatic promotion to the Premier League

Chelsea
Chelsea won 2–1 against Liverpool in the 2012 FA Cup Finalat Wembley Stadium, to win their first trophy in the 2011–12 season.
On 19 May 2012, Di Matteo guided Chelsea to victory in the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final, defeating Bayern Munich at their own Allianz Arena. 

FC Schalke 04
Di Matteo was hired as the successor to Jens Keller at Schalke 04. At that point, Schalke sat 11th in theBundesliga and had already been eliminated from the DFB-Pokal. He resigned on 26 May 2015 after the team qualified for the UEFA Europa League by finishing sixth

Edited by Bredbury Blue

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Somebody mentioned "...Bobby De Matteo as a better manager than Pochettino..."

Better or not is debatable but Roberto Di Matteo has done a few things of note (see below) while Poch's has won nothing to date.

Milton Keynes Dons
In his only season at stadium mk, Di Matteo led his team to third place in League One behind Leicester City and Peterborough United.

West Bromwich Albion
In his first season, the team finished second in the Championship, behind Newcastle United, and won automatic promotion to the Premier League

Chelsea
Chelsea won 2–1 against Liverpool in the 2012 FA Cup Finalat Wembley Stadium, to win their first trophy in the 2011–12 season.
On 19 May 2012, Di Matteo guided Chelsea to victory in the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final, defeating Bayern Munich at their own Allianz Arena. 

FC Schalke 04
Di Matteo was hired as the successor to Jens Keller at Schalke 04. At that point, Schalke sat 11th in theBundesliga and had already been eliminated from the DFB-Pokal. He resigned on 26 May 2015 after the team qualified for the UEFA Europa League by finishing sixth

These international breaks bring out the worst in most of us.

I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1