The Most Cinematic Thailand Videos You'Ve Ever Seen!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think you guys are great, and do a smashing job..... But I would like to see just one episode where you go a little nuts. The temples, scenery, mountains - Im with you on this and love that stuff. Its one of the main reasons I visit CM. But I dunno... I feel like you should go and get drunk in various bars and/or clubs and video the shenanagans that invariably transpire when one is smashed out of ones tits.

Instead of dreamy, fluffy music to acompany the suggested episode, you could have Smack My Bitch Up, by The Prodigy, playing under the video.

Let your hair down a little. Go and get smashed and wake up in a field with 20 baht in your pockets. Video that kinda thing. Just once. It would be fun.

That said, good work and thanks for the latest, I enjoyed it.

Episode 8 is the story of what happened when the travel video giants tripfilms.com challenged our Thailand filmmakers to create 6 videos of Bangkok & the surrounding area in 3 days. They were running low on cash and had to put faith in the old car that failed them once before on the journey between Chiang Mai and the Capital City. The mission was tough and the mileage substantial. This time the car had to make it...

To see the videos they produced for tripfilms visit: http://8milesfromhom...el-guides-SNAPS Edited by 8milesfromhome

i like most others on here liked the vid's but it does fk me off when dicks come on a thread & slag it off. if you don't like it don't look at it . its like people who hate tv programmes like big brother, x factor, etc etc which i think are a load of <deleted> but i never post to any of their fans saying how crap i think they are "I JUST DON'T WATCH IT" , its things like this that stop people adding to any forum not only thaivisa. If you dont like what this couple are doing just <deleted> off & dont follow the thread & let the people who enjoy seeing what they & their dog are getting up to in their new life.

personally i like to watch the vids not only because sooner or later i'll be moving over there with my wife & family but also i've never been up north (wifes from trang) so i'd like to see what lifes like up there from a farrangs point of view.

can i ask how much it cost to take your dog over to thailand & how she's coping & what you do intend to do to earn a living as this is my biggest worry for when i eventually take the plunge & move out there.

good luck & keep the vids coming.

dave.

Posting and promoting your videos on a forum is going to generate responses, some people may enjoy the videos and some may not. Each and every one of those people are entitled to write their opinions, not just those who enjoy the videos but also those who don't. It must be expected when you promote on a discussion forum, if they don't like it then they should promote in a different way.

After forcing myself to watch all the videos as promised I will concede that I did like some of the editing and effects, however I found myself wanting to fast forward through the videos as they just did not keep my attention. The second video (I think) where they are sat talking to a computer was particularly painful, how anyone can enjoy 5 minutes of that is beyond me.

The video featuring the car felt contrived, and just went on and on and on... luckily I had set my alarm so I would wake up after the video finished.

Now, I'm sorry if this upsets those of you that enjoyed the films (although there is no need for apologies as I see it), but this just is not my cup of tea. I seriously do wonder how many actually enjoyed the videos, rather than just tolerated the wasted time and then posted something nice because someone else did..

"I JUST DON'T WATCH IT"

Could you explain how one can form an opinion without watching "it" ?

Totster biggrin.png

easy when u r sat in the same room as someone who has it on the tv u can't help but see how crap it is.

hope thats clear enough for you smile.png

yes, perfectly clear -- you watched it.

Some of you guys are truly amazing.

This lovely young couple and their dog are on a great journey, one they will remember for ever and you scrutinise areas of their video expertise or their stay after a short time in Thailand.

I'm afraid you need to get a life, not one that is full of negatives.

I agree. TV amazes me at times. One poster in this thread said something like "cant wait to see you applying for work permit or visa run, another taste of reality". What a boring, misserable, uninspiring observation to make. Yeh its not all tom yam gung and temples when you actualy live here for any long period of time as I have done, but generaly speaking the "issues" that you face out here as an ex-pat are minor and insignificant. Yeh so they have to do a visa run at some point but who cares? How is that a drag? By the look of these two they will probably make a cool day out of it and enjoy it.

Im confused why so many people are having a pop at them in this thread. Its just a young couple living the dream and recording it. Whats the beef woith that? Its just harmless fun man.... So leave them be and go get a life of your own!

They are people attempting to monetize the dream and actively MARKETING it here on Thai Visa.

They have no desire to contribute to the forum, they are here for the traffic this site can provide them, and their choice of title almost demands a response, good or bad.

They are selling a product. we needn't like it, but we are most certainly allowed to comment.

You may have noticed that they do not respond to comments, because they are NOT here to discuss their videos, they are here to link them

welcome to the internet.

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

'The Cinematic Documentary of when Irma El-haj returned to Burma after almost half a century'

'44 Years from Kamayut' is a special episode of '8 miles from home'. Documenting the journey of Jmayels mother 'Irma El-haj' as she returns to her home town & country of birth; Kamayut township in Yangon, Burma.

Having left Myanmar 44 years ago during a time of conflict and not returning since, the trip was long overdue.

She embarked on this journey to rediscover the home she had stored in memories from almost half a century ago. Memories of a good childhood with her mother & father growing up in '3rd street' in Kamayut. Losing her Ruby ring as a teenager in the pond near to her home, and a vivid picture of the local boy 'Bpoun Saa' that used to eat breakfast at her home completely naked.

During her stay with 2 local families in Yangon, she met Cho Cho, Tin Tin and their relatives whom are contacts of friends she knows in the UK. They welcomed Irma with the greatest hospitality and showed her the Yangon that it is today. She then met with Lydia, a young girl from Bethel who showed her the way to her home street in Kamayut.

After 4 days in Yangon, Irma ventured north to see the parts of the country she had never seen before. Namely the ancient temples of Bagan. Watching the sunsets with Badru, Jmayel & Sacha El-haj, they all had time to reflect on the amazing journey they had experienced together as a family...

This cinematic account of Irmas return to Burma is dedicated to Doris Grace Hannay. Irmas mother, who can be seen briefly in '8 miles from home episode 1'. Physically unable to make the journey herself, this movie will allow her to see the world she left behind so many years ago.

'The Cinematic Documentary of when Irma El-haj returned to Burma after almost half a century'

'44 Years from Kamayut' is a special episode of '8 miles from home'. Documenting the journey of Jmayels mother 'Irma El-haj' as she returns to her home town & country of birth; Kamayut township in Yangon, Burma.

Having left Myanmar 44 years ago during a time of conflict and not returning since, the trip was long overdue.

She embarked on this journey to rediscover the home she had stored in memories from almost half a century ago. Memories of a good childhood with her mother & father growing up in '3rd street' in Kamayut. Losing her Ruby ring as a teenager in the pond near to her home, and a vivid picture of the local boy 'Bpoun Saa' that used to eat breakfast at her home completely naked.

During her stay with 2 local families in Yangon, she met Cho Cho, Tin Tin and their relatives whom are contacts of friends she knows in the UK. They welcomed Irma with the greatest hospitality and showed her the Yangon that it is today. She then met with Lydia, a young girl from Bethel who showed her the way to her home street in Kamayut.

After 4 days in Yangon, Irma ventured north to see the parts of the country she had never seen before. Namely the ancient temples of Bagan. Watching the sunsets with Badru, Jmayel & Sacha El-haj, they all had time to reflect on the amazing journey they had experienced together as a family...

This cinematic account of Irmas return to Burma is dedicated to Doris Grace Hannay. Irmas mother, who can be seen briefly in '8 miles from home episode 1'. Physically unable to make the journey herself, this movie will allow her to see the world she left behind so many years ago.

Haven't you posted an entirely new thread for this somewhere else on here?