Major Cineplex No Soundtracks

Sakeopete

How dissapointing that they haven't shown the latest releases in English or at least English subs.

With all the foriegners living or visiting Hua Hin you would think they would at least play a soundtrack at one of the show times.

We moved here from a small town with no cinema and were really looking forward to viewing movies while the kids are at school.

Rant Over

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

There have been several discussions on this topic on earlier threads. Some expats even got a petition together to give to the manager of the cinema once and he started showing the bigger movies with original soundtrack on a somewhat limited schedule. People who went said the theater was empty so I guess he has decided it does not sell enough tickets and went back to dubbed Thai on all movies. Evidently there are still not enough foreign movie goers here to warrant showing movies in original soundtrack. I will say also, however, that the showtimes for the original soundtrack showings didn't seem to be advertised properly and you pretty much had to go ask to find out when they were.

Look around market village. Who are the customers... mostly Thai families who probably do not speak English. Maybe a lot of them don't even read well enough to follow sub-titles in Thai so they would naturally go to the Thai dubbed showings.

Really?? They still show dubbed movies at Cineplex? ..It has been a very long time since I saw a dubbed cinema here in Thailand, and I go to the cinema 3 - 4 times a month! Maybe it is because I live in BKK..?

I was starting to think that Thailand had finally given up the silly dubbing, but I guess I was wrong.

Edited by ricku

it is always the same couple of blokes who do all the dubbed voices in the movies here isnt it?

and one of them has such a drawl voice.... he sounds terrible...... always makes me laugh tho when it is coming from brad pitt's character or the man like clooney

I'm in Chiang Mai and haven't been to the theatre at Airport plaza yet and was wondering this exact thing. I assumed they would just use Thai subs for them, but I guess that's not the case?

I want to see prometheus, but not if its dubbed, even if they have english subs, I wouldn't bother.

There have been several discussions on this topic on earlier threads. Some expats even got a petition together to give to the manager of the cinema once and he started showing the bigger movies with original soundtrack on a somewhat limited schedule. People who went said the theater was empty so I guess he has decided it does not sell enough tickets and went back to dubbed Thai on all movies. Evidently there are still not enough foreign movie goers here to warrant showing movies in original soundtrack. I will say also, however, that the showtimes for the original soundtrack showings didn't seem to be advertised properly and you pretty much had to go ask to find out when they were.

Look around market village. Who are the customers... mostly Thai families who probably do not speak English. Maybe a lot of them don't even read well enough to follow sub-titles in Thai so they would naturally go to the Thai dubbed showings.

I have a condo near Fashion Island North Bangkok few foriegners live there. Whenever my wife and I go see a soundtrack movie it is mostly Thais watching it. Our nieghbors duaghter and her friends like them too so they can study their English. A shame Hua Hin does't play them it would help Thais too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I have bolded the most vital part of what hhfarang has said there; the only realistic way to find out what is on at the Hua Hin Major Cineplex is to go to the actual cinema; while they do list what is on at their website as well, it has often been found to be unreliable. I am and have been involved in local expat publications in the town for the last 7 years, and on numerous occasions have approached the cinema to try and get the screening times of both Thai and English soundtrack movies (dubbed or subtitled) - however when you are printing a magazine or newspaper you of course need these some time in advance, and as far as we could discover you can't even find out what is showing in a few days time, let alone next week or next month. Next time any of you are at MV, try asking the staff for next week's schedule and you will see what I mean. Also try finding out next week's films online as well for HH (or any other Major in fact), and it is the same story, or actually worse as you can only find out what is showing today in full and the advance tickets are only for a major movie at the end of the month! (http://www.majorcineplex.com/en/search-results/?movieId_0=&cinemaId_1=2). Maybe I am missing something on that website though? Compared to the other Major outlets, and other cinema groups in Thailand, the one in Hua Hin is a complete disgrace; whether this is down to local management or higher up is not known but it seems likely that it is a local problem. [Rant over]beatdeadhorse.gif