The Sumet Cycle Thread

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, i will be up in Bangkok next week. Where is Sumet Cycle located?

Do you have any aftermarket parts for the CRF250L??

I'm expecting more CRFs in sometime this week. I'll let you know as soon as they arrive. Here is our location. 13.855206,100.544386 I can order any of the genuine Honda accessories. I'll also check around to see if there are any other manufacturer's aftermarket parts available. Is there anything specific you are looking to get? Thanks.

Brian

13 tooth front sprocket and an exhaust system. Not too loud, but something lighter.

I will send an e-mail through your website.

Thanks,

Iron man helmet?

BTW, snow have you tried XXXL? I'm around 6' and 100kg and that's how my shirt size is in Thailand (contrary to XL or 46 in the UK).

That being said I think the Honda stuff is only sized up to XL (the Honda guys tried to give me a jacket when I got my bike I told them to subtract the cost to the price of the bike instead).

Edited by RED21

I'm expecting more CRFs in sometime this week. I'll let you know as soon as they arrive. Here is our location. 13.855206,100.544386 I can order any of the genuine Honda accessories. I'll also check around to see if there are any other manufacturer's aftermarket parts available. Is there anything specific you are looking to get? Thanks.

Brian

13 tooth front sprocket and an exhaust system. Not too loud, but something lighter.

Thanks,

Sure, I'll see what I can do about the exhaust and sprocket. Sorry, but the CRFs still haven't arrived. I'll let you know as soon as they do though. Thanks again.

Brian

Honda Collection Jacket (padded) - 3,180

Hi, I am large size bloke, what size are your jackets? Do you have them in xxxxxxxxl for or is it only thai style xl?

They appear to be bigger than the jackets from last year's collection. The biggest size they come in is XL. I'm about 6' and 75kg and the large size fits me just right. Perhaps the XL would be ok for you. Thanks.

Brian

Iron man helmet?

BTW, snow have you tried XXXL? I'm around 6' and 100kg and that's how my shirt size is in Thailand (contrary to XL or 46 in the UK).

That being said I think the Honda stuff is only sized up to XL (the Honda guys tried to give me a jacket when I got my bike I told them to subtract the cost to the price of the bike instead).

A friend of mine just had one of those done in the States. I've attached a photo. However, I'm sure it would be cheaper to do here. Let me see what I can do. Thanks.

post-121278-0-95139600-1339739444_thumb.

Just asking... I thought Bilmola was making those since I saw pictures of one being made on their Facebook page. It was a Replicon helmet.

Just checked their page again, it was a one off custom, I think they'd get into copyright trouble if they sold them mainstream (although Index made a Spiderman helmet a few years back, it was even on their catalog).

Edited by RED21

Just asking... I thought Bilmola was making those since I saw pictures of one being made on their Facebook page. It was a Replicon helmet.

I think the owner of Bilmola had that made up for himself. Not sure if they are making them for sale.

I've dealt with Sumet a number of times and find them fantastic to deal with, and a blessing in Thailand for those with Honda bikes.

I would like to offer some advise though, from the perspective of a paying customer.

I have found one member of the mechanics to be extremely rude and disrespectful, not only to the customer but to the treatment of the bike as well. I am usually treated to disrespectful grunts and a total feeling of being treated like some diseased soi dog. Upon riding my bike he felt the need to race it in off the street at full hilt, then lock up the rear wheel to make a cool powerslide.

I have seen such behaviour in many dealerships in Thailand (a lot, lot worse), with the mechanics treating the customer's bike like a race toy that they can trash in front of their mates to make themselves look cool, with the addition of publicly disrespecting a foreigner while they're at it, so it certainly isn't isolated to this shop, and it is only one of the mechanics there that I see doing this.

I hope the management can use this to further promote their dealership by telling the mechanics in no uncertain terms that they are to treat both the customers and their bikes with the utmost respect, as we the customers are the ones paying the mechanics wages. I don't believe the manager's new bike would have treated in such a manner during a service in big bike wing and I don't believe paying customers at this dealership (or any!) should be treated with disrespect and have their bike raced and skidded for fun.

Sumet is a great concept and great to deal with, I would recommend them over any Honda dealer that I have ever been to in Thailand, as I'm sure most of us know. I hope this advise is heard and something is done so the mechanic in question (I'm sure I won't need to say who it is) is pulled aside and lectured on how to treat paying customers and their bikes.

Thank you very much, and keep up the great work. I hope you can let us know that under no circumstances are our bikes going to be raced by the staff while they publicly disrespect us.

This was not written as any sort of attack or harmful criticism, but is bringing to light a problem many if not most have had to deal with in Thailand, and hopefully Sumet can use it to be even better than the rest.

Thanks.

Edited by futurize

I've dealt with Sumet a number of times and find them fantastic to deal with, and a blessing in Thailand for those with Honda bikes.

I would like to offer some advise though, from the perspective of a paying customer.

I have found one member of the mechanics to be extremely rude and disrespectful, not only to the customer but to the treatment of the bike as well. I am usually treated to disrespectful grunts and a total feeling of being treated like some diseased soi dog. Upon riding my bike he felt the need to race it in off the street at full hilt, then lock up the rear wheel to make a cool powerslide.

I have seen such behaviour in many dealerships in Thailand (a lot, lot worse), with the mechanics treating the customer's bike like a race toy that they can trash in front of their mates to make themselves look cool, with the addition of publicly disrespecting a foreigner while they're at it, so it certainly isn't isolated to this shop, and it is only one of the mechanics there that I see doing this.

I hope the management can use this to further promote their dealership by telling the mechanics in no uncertain terms that they are to treat both the customers and their bikes with the utmost respect, as we the customers are the ones paying the mechanics wages. I don't believe the manager's new bike would have treated in such a manner during a service in big bike wing and I don't believe paying customers at this dealership (or any!) should be treated with disrespect and have their bike raced and skidded for fun.

Sumet is a great concept and great to deal with, I would recommend them over any Honda dealer that I have ever been to in Thailand, as I'm sure most of us know. I hope this advise is heard and something is done so the mechanic in question (I'm sure I won't need to say who it is) is pulled aside and lectured on how to treat paying customers and their bikes.

Thank you very much, and keep up the great work. I hope you can let us know that under no circumstances are our bikes going to be raced by the staff while they publicly disrespect us.

This was not written as any sort of attack or harmful criticism, but is bringing to light a problem many if not most have had to deal with in Thailand, and hopefully Sumet can use it to be even better than the rest.

Thanks.

I'm very sorry about that, Futurize. I'll be sure to bring it up in my weekly meeting with the mechanics today. I'm pretty sure I know the incident you are talking about. Pam said he was trying to diagnose a clutch problem with your bike and appeared to be a bit rough while doing it. She has already reprimanded him and he will be getting an earful from me today, if that is any consolation. He is a great mechanic, but doesn't have the nicest disposition when dealing with both Thais and foreigners. Again, sorry and I promise it won't happen again.

Brian

Q.) Is there a rack or basket for the Spacy i ?

A.) .....

No, at the moment there isn't. If an aftermarket one came out, I think some modifications would have to be made to the front cover, as it doesn't have the same bolt set up as the Wave.

Brian

Thanks,

Sure, I'll see what I can do about the exhaust and sprocket. Sorry, but the CRFs still haven't arrived. I'll let you know as soon as they do though. Thanks again.

Brian

I just got a white CRF, if you are still interested. No luck with the exhaust and sprocket though. I'll hold it until I hear back from you. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I am looking at your helmets, I need a helmet in a small size for my GF (yep, she's got a tiny head)... What size is the smallest you have, and do you ship it down south? Can I just transfer money to you? If it does not fit, can I return the helmet? and what size are your riding shoes? I need size 44/45 (very depending on thai or international size..

I hope to order some stuff from you very soon...

Hi Brian,

I am looking at your helmets, I need a helmet in a small size for my GF (yep, she's got a tiny head)... What size is the smallest you have, and do you ship it down south? Can I just transfer money to you? If it does not fit, can I return the helmet? and what size are your riding shoes? I need size 44/45 (very depending on thai or international size..

I hope to order some stuff from you very soon...

Shipping anywhere in Thailand is no problem. You can do a bank transfer for payment. Sorry, but there are no returns for helmets because of size issues. The smallest we have in stock is medium, but I could probably order a small size if needed. Perhaps you could take a measurement of her head to be sure. Use a cloth tape measure and and measure the circumference of her head about one inch above her eyebrows.

I have both 44 and 45 (European) sizes available for the shoes. Thanks.

Brian