What Presents Do Your Wife /Gf/Partner Give You

ripstanley

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife bought me lacoste polo shirt last year it was nice but a bit of a tight fit so I asked for receipt to take it back her answer no have , ended up in big argument with me complaining that she has just wasted 3,000 bht and yet again failed to keep any paperwork

Don't think I'll be getting anything this year...lol

Wife says to Scotsman.........."Why didn't you buy me a birthday present this year!!! annoyed.gif "

Scotsman.............................."It's because you don't appreciate them and you don't use them coffee1.gif "

Wife......................................." Eh??? What are you talking about, I always use the presents you buy me!! annoyed.gifmad.gifvampire.gif "

Scotsman.............................." No you don't, I bought you a grave last year and you didn't use it coffee1.gif "

• Like 2

For me, my birthday is not important that i can have gifts given to me, not thai culture, rather instead for a few days before the birthday I make sure I sleep plenty, take vitamines, and eat healthy, then on the day I wake up early buy food for monk, and donate some money for temple, then I go too a hospital and donate blood, as for my husband I do not wait for birthday's christmas ect i just give when I see something I think is good for him or clothes he will look nice and handsom in, and last i gave him a findig crocodile leather wallet. My husband and I run a small business together and we take care of each other every day, so birthday's and christmas we can give somthing but just not very important.

Well said. It sounds like you and your husband have a beautiful relatiobship.

My wife bought me lacoste polo shirt last year it was nice but a bit of a tight fit so I asked for receipt to take it back her answer no have , ended up in big argument with me complaining that she has just wasted 3,000 bht and yet again failed to keep any paperwork

Don't think I'll be getting anything this year...lol

Wife says to Scotsman.........."Why didn't you buy me a birthday present this year!!! annoyed.gif "

Scotsman.............................."It's because you don't appreciate them and you don't use them coffee1.gif "

Wife......................................." Eh??? What are you talking about, I always use the presents you buy me!! annoyed.gifmad.gifvampire.gif "

Scotsman.............................." No you don't, I bought you a grave last year and you didn't use it coffee1.gif "

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

You never fail to disappoint me. thumbsup.gif

Edit: just realised...that's 3 negatives....does that make a positive??blink.png

Edited by Rsquared
  • Like 1

Around last August I saw a large embossed mural of a mother and baby elephant which was expensive but I really liked , I pointed it out to my GF and said I planned to buy it when I was feeling flush, it would fit the spot above the television perfectly.....she later returns and takes a photo on her phone of this work of art, takes the photo to a particularly incompetent street artist and commissions him to copy this picture onto a large canvas which she then presents to me for my Christmas present, now while this act was both thoughtful and touching, I am now left with a 1m square crap painting of a totally deranged looking elephant and equally sad and ugly looking calf staring down at me from prime position above the TV, I don't have the heart to tell her I don't like it and for the life of me I cannot seem to be able to come up with a plausible excuse as to why it shouldn't be moved into the spare bathroom.

Another fine example of why it's better not to train your rice-farmer's daughter in our bizarre western mores. Better to just let 'em slide, much cheaper too. . .

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Around last August I saw a large embossed mural of a mother and baby elephant <snip>. sad.png

Great story.

Maybe you can say that it is not good luck?

If you have kids ... maybe you can bounce the ball near the artwork and over some sharp objects.

But, if it somehow does break ... don't fret too much over it because she just might go out and get another done for you.

I got a powerpoint presentation of pictures of us together for valentines day from my wife. The effort to make a powerpoint presentation is worth more than the money I paid for flowers that are just dead anyway. Honestly because i'm cheap I like this philosophy.

Around last August I saw a large embossed mural of a mother and baby elephant which was expensive but I really liked , I pointed it out to my GF and said I planned to buy it when I was feeling flush, it would fit the spot above the television perfectly.....she later returns and takes a photo on her phone of this work of art, takes the photo to a particularly incompetent street artist and commissions him to copy this picture onto a large canvas which she then presents to me for my Christmas present, now while this act was both thoughtful and touching, I am now left with a 1m square crap painting of a totally deranged looking elephant and equally sad and ugly looking calf staring down at me from prime position above the TV, I don't have the heart to tell her I don't like it and for the life of me I cannot seem to be able to come up with a plausible excuse as to why it shouldn't be moved into the spare bathroom . sad.png

Go get your favourite photo of your lady blown up and framed and stick it above the telly.

She's gonna think that your a superstar romantic and you might even get some, ahem, extras.

We'll all know you're a conniving b**t*rd that didn't have the bottle to tell her the truth however!!.....

Don't worry about it, so are we.....we've all had 'How do I get out of this one' moments.

• Like 1

My GF allowed me to have a sleep-over 'party' with her sister who is a few years younger and who always seemed to be keen on me. This was a one time offer, and will never happen again which is made abundantly clear to me by my honey.

Around last August I saw a large embossed mural of a mother and baby elephant which was expensive but I really liked , I pointed it out to my GF and said I planned to buy it when I was feeling flush, it would fit the spot above the television perfectly.....she later returns and takes a photo on her phone of this work of art, takes the photo to a particularly incompetent street artist and commissions him to copy this picture onto a large canvas which she then presents to me for my Christmas present, now while this act was both thoughtful and touching, I am now left with a 1m square crap painting of a totally deranged looking elephant and equally sad and ugly looking calf staring down at me from prime position above the TV, I don't have the heart to tell her I don't like it and for the life of me I cannot seem to be able to come up with a plausible excuse as to why it shouldn't be moved into the spare bathroom . sad.png

Take the lady out to dinner after arranging for a mate to enter the house in your absence, using a spare key or leaving a window partly open, to remove the offending object. You are now the victim of an art thief - and there is no point in calling BIB is there?

Take the lady out to dinner after arranging for a mate to enter the house in your absence, using a spare key or leaving a window partly open, to remove the offending object. You are now the victim of an art thief - and there is no point in calling BIB is there?

and do it when you plan to replace something expensive like a laptop or camera, or ideally the tv itself. that way you buy yourself a new toy and get rid o' the eyesore.

unfortunately it doesnt work if you live in a half decent condo.

Don't you just love it when you get advice on life changing circumstanses, from total strangers on an anonymous internet forum.

That's a touch dramatic don’t you think ... buying a gift for your partner isn't usually described as "advice on life changing circumstances"

But each to their own ...

Edited by David48