What Presents Do Your Wife /Gf/Partner Give You

ripstanley

My wife bought me lacoste polo shirt last year it was nice but a bit of a tight fit so I asked for receipt to take it back her answer no have , ended up in big argument with me complaining that she has just wasted 3,000 bht and yet again failed to keep any paperwork

Don't think I'll be getting anything this year...lol

If i were your wife i would have countered saying you gained some weight and should eat less. biggrin.png

if you were my wife you wouldn't be getting anything for your birthday

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around last August I saw a large embossed mural of a mother and baby elephant which was expensive but I really liked , I pointed it out to my GF and said I planned to buy it when I was feeling flush, it would fit the spot above the television perfectly.....she later returns and takes a photo on her phone of this work of art, takes the photo to a particularly incompetent street artist and commissions him to copy this picture onto a large canvas which she then presents to me for my Christmas present, now while this act was both thoughtful and touching, I am now left with a 1m square crap painting of a totally deranged looking elephant and equally sad and ugly looking calf staring down at me from prime position above the TV, I don't have the heart to tell her I don't like it and for the life of me I cannot seem to be able to come up with a plausible excuse as to why it shouldn't be moved into the spare bathroom . sad.png

Take the lady out to dinner after arranging for a mate to enter the house in your absence, using a spare key or leaving a window partly open, to remove the offending object. You are now the victim of an art thief - and there is no point in calling BIB is there?

and do it when you plan to replace something expensive like a laptop or camera, or ideally the tv itself. that way you buy yourself a new toy and get rid o' the eyesore.

unfortunately it doesnt work if you live in a half decent condo.

Wish I had come to you guys for advice earlier....what a cunning plan ......just hope you guys dont feel too guilty if it goes tits up and you see pictures of me sheepishly being paraded around by the BIB for falsifying a crime scene annoyed.gif

Around last August I saw a large embossed mural of a mother and baby elephant which was expensive but I really liked , I pointed it out to my GF and said I planned to buy it when I was feeling flush, it would fit the spot above the television perfectly.....she later returns and takes a photo on her phone of this work of art, takes the photo to a particularly incompetent street artist and commissions him to copy this picture onto a large canvas which she then presents to me for my Christmas present, now while this act was both thoughtful and touching, I am now left with a 1m square crap painting of a totally deranged looking elephant and equally sad and ugly looking calf staring down at me from prime position above the TV, I don't have the heart to tell her I don't like it and for the life of me I cannot seem to be able to come up with a plausible excuse as to why it shouldn't be moved into the spare bathroom . sad.png

Take the lady out to dinner after arranging for a mate to enter the house in your absence, using a spare key or leaving a window partly open, to remove the offending object. You are now the victim of an art thief - and there is no point in calling BIB is there?

and do it when you plan to replace something expensive like a laptop or camera, or ideally the tv itself. that way you buy yourself a new toy and get rid o' the eyesore.

unfortunately it doesnt work if you live in a half decent condo.

Wish I had come to you guys for advice earlier....what a cunning plan ......just hope you guys dont feel too guilty if it goes tits up and you see pictures of me sheepishly being paraded around by the BIB for falsifying a crime scene annoyed.gif

the only thing i reckon you should be paraded about for is your inability differentiate a serious suggestion from one made in jest.

why not just go out and buy the original? though im guessing you probably hate the sight of that now as well.

or dump the woman lose the trashy art. simple.

some here would even recommend you just change the locks and give her the boot. no explanation necessary.

Edited by tinfoilhat

Wrapped up with a bow........Sarong/pikky of her (yester year) and an encapsulated 100 baht bill thingy......very nice wink.png...............the thought was there......would bring a tear to a glass eye wink.png

EH. Try Chang draught. huh.png

My Darling wife gave me an hourglass with colored sand!!

Amazing Thailand

<deleted> do I need that for!!!! Lol

Might have come from the Isle of Wight. thumbsup.gif

Google. I of Wight. stuff. smile.png

Edited by transam

My Darling wife gave me an hourglass with colored sand!!

Amazing Thailand

<deleted> do I need that for!!!! Lol

That's her new definition of short time, after that you have to pay extra.

Just kidding of course, don't take it personally 8-)

Coincidently OP my Thai wife first ever present or attempt at a present was a wallet also. I believe this was because of my ability to peel an orange in my pocket and only produce exact notes from my pocket.

My wife have been very generous over the years since with presents taking it to heart, give all her friends nice presents etc, however i end up with items that never fit or aftershave. Now i sound like a grumpy old man when i say "just buy me socks!"Lol, i wouldn't mind but i'm only 40.

Got a nice shirt for work. As my birthday is due soon, I am looking forward to getting a new shirt again along with a new wallet. thumbsup.gif

I have already asked for it. biggrin.png

Now, it's bad luck to receive a wallet without any money ... so make sure your partner knows that.

Same as donating in the Temple ... it has to be her money.

To add to the myth ... maybe suggest that amount of money contained in the Wallet as a gift equates to the amount of good luck to received.

And Honey ... you do want us to have BIG Good Luck this year ... don't you?

Got a nice shirt for work. As my birthday is due soon, I am looking forward to getting a new shirt again along with a new wallet. thumbsup.gif

I have already asked for it. biggrin.png

Now, it's bad luck to receive a wallet without any money ... so make sure your partner knows that.

Same as donating in the Temple ... it has to be her money.

To add to the myth ... maybe suggest that amount of money contained in the Wallet as a gift equates to the amount of good luck to received.

And Honey ... you do want us to have BIG Good Luck this year ... don't you?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Now I know why my luck has turned around. I have got empty wallet twice, and yes, there was no money in it. Of the empty wallet, I will scold her a little bit. biggrin.png

I will let her know that the wallet should contain some beer money for Sa-mee biggrin.png She will love this and be happy to comply with the "luck policy."