Mazda Canceling Orders For All New Bt-50 Pro

After reading all the stories of record sales and new factories, I was disappointed to be imformed by Mazda they would not be shipping my new truck. I ordered at the very end of February 2012 the new Mazda BT-50 Pro 3.2L 4x4 AT which is the top model Mazda offers. I gave them a cash deposit and completed all my loan papers for my new truck. I received a phone call yesterday from my Mazda dealer that all orders for Mazda BT-50 Pro 4x4 or 3.2L will not be filled due to productions problems. They told me the 4x4 or 3.2L models will not resume deliveries until January 2013. Very disappointed and in shock after already waiting 4 months, I called Mazda personally at their offices in Bangkok. Mazda corporate confirmed the are canceling all BT-50 Pro 4x4 and 3.2L models and they will not be available until January 2013. Who in their right mind cancels or delays orders already placed until 2013?

First of all, I understand you're disappointed. But this is the fourth post in three different threads you've made, all saying the same. A bit overdone IMO.

Secondly, I presume you have also read about the problems with the Ford 3.2? So this really can't come as a surprise, no matter how disappointing this may be.

I knew the Ford 3.2 was slow to ship, other than that what problems did the ford 3.2 have?

Whatever it is its the same problems because they are made at the same factory and are essentially the same truck. Just wait until 2013 like every one else. Better they cancel than deliver a defective truck. Right

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Sensible decision by Mazda/Ford to supply the open markets first where poor delivery times would be all over the press/internet and reflect badly on them, the markets where there is no sizeable consumer voice can waitwhistling.gif .

It is all about the 3.2 engine.

High demand, much more as anticipated.

Hence the delay.

So, is this 3.2 being delivered on other markets ?

Must be since Australia is almost 100% 3.2 markets with limited 2.2 models.

The price of the BT50 / Ranger 3.2 4x4 in Australia is close to double that in Thailand.

Really? And I thought they were hugely overpriced here. ermm.gif

The Internet is your friend use it and you will see Australian price's

Surely I would. But I'm not interested enough in Australian car prices to want to look them up as I will surely never go there or buy a car there.

I was just curious about the statement and why Australians should be paying so much.

Prices of most cars are high in Thailand. Locally made pick up prices are better value and more competitive with other markets because the Thai tax system imposes significant excise taxes that increase with engine size and power. The excise is much lower for pick ups. PPVs and cars with small engines, E20 compatible, NGV or hybrids also get better rates than other cars. BTW imports get hit with 80% duty as well as the excise tax, helping to keep local prices up.

Surely I would. But I'm not interested enough in Australian car prices to want to look them up as I will surely never go there or buy a car there.

I was just curious about the statement and why Australians should be paying so much.

Top of the range Mazda BT 50 in Australia is around A$50k (approx 1.5 million baht) Largest buyer market for pickups is self employed trade people who lets say earn as a minimum A$75k per annum. Self employed will of course tax deduct vehicle costs, depreciation and so on. So prices set by Mazda for the Australian market will of course be aligned to affordability (market share) and corporate profits.

Edited by simple1

Prices of most cars are high in Thailand. Locally made pick up prices are better value and more competitive with other markets because the Thai tax system imposes significant excise taxes that increase with engine size and power.

I understand that. Indeed it is one of the reasons why I am looking to buy a pick-up rather than a car.

First of all, I understand you're disappointed. But this is the fourth post in three different threads you've made, all saying the same. A bit overdone IMO.

Secondly, I presume you have also read about the problems with the Ford 3.2? So this really can't come as a surprise, no matter how disappointing this may be.

and he's made it onto The Nation... clap2.gif

down.jpg

up.jpg

Home » Opinion » Mazda cancelling orders for new BT-50

Mazda cancelling orders for new BT-50

June 11, 2012 1:00 am

After reading all the stories of record sales and new factories, I was disappointed to be informed by Mazda that they would not be shipping my new truck. I ordered at the very end of February the new Mazda BT-50 Pro 3.2L 4x4 AT, which is the top model Mazda offers.

I gave them a cash deposit and completed all my loan papers for my new truck. I received a phone call yesterday from my Mazda dealer that all orders for Mazda BT-50 Pro 4x4 or 3.2L will not be filled due to production problems. They told me the 4x4 or 3.2L models would not resume deliveries until January. Very disappointed and in shock after already waiting four months, I called Mazda personally at their offices in Bangkok. Mazda corporate confirmed they are cancelling all BT-50 Pro 4x4 and 3.2L models and they will not be available until January 2013. Who in their right mind cancels or delays orders already placed until 2013?

Alan Keyser

Bangkok

The price of the BT50 / Ranger 3.2 4x4 in Australia is close to double that in Thailand. It's hard to believe this would not increase the profit margin and influence delivery priorities.

Yes the price in OZ would be the equivalent of about 1.8M baht. having said that, I think those trucks are spec'd a bit differently. Check the Thai top model ranger - there's no button for the locking diff that can be found on the OZ ranger (based on pics from various websites). I wonder what else is different??

Hmmm just got the call today same same..did not specify Jan ...just said come and get your deposit back..also ordered in February...oh well maybe it is fate....probably hold on to old B250 till then....will need to make sure there is a price guarantee perhaps...TIT!!

• 5 weeks later...

I was just informed my Mazda 2 will be 6 months delivery now, instead of the 2 months they told me 2 months ago. Just cancelled my order and will pick up Ford Fiesta off the lot.

I was just informed my Mazda 2 will be 6 months delivery now, instead of the 2 months they told me 2 months ago. Just cancelled my order and will pick up Ford Fiesta off the lot.

I ordered one a month ago, and was told within 1 month. Now it's 'maybe next month'. I guess my showroom are being a little conservative with the truth. rolleyes.gif