Therapists In Thailand?

jacaleena

I am new to Thailand and in search of a good therapist (western and female, preferably) during my stay here. I would appreciate any information regarding therapists anyone might have seen in the past (or currently), or of an area in which finding a good therapist is more likely (i.e.--Phuket vs. Bangkok). I am in search of long term therapy, and working with someone who is sensitive yet not coddling. If anyone could give me suggestions of where to start I would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks

I am new to Thailand and in search of a good therapist (western and female, preferably) during my stay here. I would appreciate any information regarding therapists anyone might have seen in the past (or currently), or of an area in which finding a good therapist is more likely (i.e.--Phuket vs. Bangkok). I am in search of long term therapy, and working with someone who is sensitive yet not coddling. If anyone could give me suggestions of where to start I would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks

To my knowledge there are 2 groups of western therapists practicing in Bangkok. The better known one is Pysch Associates international, website is www.psiadmin.com

There is a second group that I know has a Dutch woman on staff whom I tried to arrange for my niece to see. My niece refused to go so it was never followed through but I spoke to the therapist by phone several times and got a very favorable impression. Unfortunately I can't seem to locate the name of the group and I remember that it had taken me a long time to find. They do have a website but somehpw it's hard to find through a browser. Maybe if you call PSI and ask them about the name/number of the other organization they'll know.

Besides these two groups, there is an Australian male therapist on staff at Bumrungrad Hospital.

Good luck